Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
They don't always get it right, but USPS processes approx. 600 million pieces of mail per day.
That is almost 200 billion pieces of mail per year.
They received "0" tax dollars for doing this, too.

Do you happen to know the percentage of that 200 billion which actually GETS DELIVERED? On time, and to your door?

I think it's become convenient and fashionable to blame USPS these days, which is too bad. Of course, vendors are free to use Fed Ex, UPS, and any other shipper they deem better. I know there are often options when you order for choosing another service on some checkouts.

I'm on a bookswap, and out of 400 pieces mailed, and another 300 mailed to me, only 2 didn't find their way over a 2 year time period.

Unless you are actually a business who ships and keeps track of these statistics, I think it is guess-work, at best, to make statements about the efficacy of USPS, JMHO.

Thanks for saying that Racehorse! I respect postal workers and I also respect vendors who know how to package their products for foreseeable mishaps. I have a small ebay business and when I send anything breakable, it would literally take an explosion to break the contents, cause I ship it as if an explosion might occur! Just sayin'!

Oh, and I ONLY use USPS!

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
They don't always get it right, but USPS processes approx. 600 million pieces of mail per day.

Do you happen to know the percentage of that 200 billion which actually GETS DELIVERED? On time, and to your door?

I think it's become convenient and fashionable to blame USPS these days, which is too bad. Of course, vendors are free to use Fed Ex, UPS, and any other shipper they deem better. I know there are often options when you order for choosing another service on some checkouts.

I'm on a bookswap, and out of 400 pieces mailed, and another 300 mailed to me, only 2 didn't find their way over a 2 year time period.

Unless you are actually a business who ships and keeps track of these statistics, I think it is guess-work, at best, to make statements about the efficacy of USPS, JMHO.

I tend to agree Race. It's easy to beat up on the USPS...too easy sometimes and not always justified. To send a letter from the right coast where I am to the left coast for 44 cents (or whatever it is) is still a damn good price. That said, USPS always runs deficits. I still like the idea of privatizing mail delivery. Like all private companies, you either make the cut or you're gone and someone will be right there to pick up the slack.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well everyone, as of yesterday, Sept. 19th, I still had not received any package from the vendor I have written about.
Orig. order placed Sept 4-5
Meltdown received Sept 10
No package still by Sept 19th

You'd think maybe they would have expedited, tracked, followed up? Asked me if I received, etc?

I did email yesterday, asking for status, since I was never given a tracking number. Apparently, my package, according to tracking, has not "moved" since it was mailed.

as of today folks, I'm done. Well done.

Negative review is here and IMHO, is fully warranted at this point.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-experience-graphic-photos.html#post7283337

I know many will be suprised, as all who know me know that I liked their juice.

However, there are DIYer's here who make great juice. They stop short, however, at opening a business. Running a business requires more than just making good tasting juice. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well everyone, as of yesterday, Sept. 19th, I still had not received any package from the vendor I have written about.

You'd think maybe they would have expedited, tracked, followed up? Asked me if I received, etc?

I did email yesterday, asking for status, since I was never given a tracking number. Apparently, my package, according to tracking, has not "moved" since it was mailed.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-experience-graphic-photos.html#post7283337

However, there are DIYer's here who make great juice. They stop short, however, at opening a business. Running a business requires more than just making good tasting juice. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Do not blame you at all for releasing their name. If they are willing to risk their brand image over something that is clearly their fault then they deserve to be exposed. I can honestly say, their response to your issue is directly opposite of what the vast majority of vendors would do. We all know most of these vendors bend over backwards in helping their customers. Virgin Vapors seemingly does not care. I have never bought from them and with this, don't plan on looking at them anytime soon.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I still think VV makes good juice.. Now that they have that part down-pat, perhaps some re-engineering of business practices are in order.

Maybe it takes something like a neg review to get somebody to sit up and take notice. Maybe they need more staffing. Maybe they are too busy. Sometimes, it is actually a "blessing in disguise" when somebody provides a heads-up.

I bear them no ire....but I won't order again. I'm sure nobody will miss my piddly $$ anyway.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
As a business person, I would lose sleep over something like this. And it has nothing to do with money. It's pride.

There's a serious lack of that these days, IMHO.

Well, at least the right kind of pride. The wrong kind (arrogance, narcissism) the world seems to be teeming with. :(

Wow, I am really surprised at VV. Especially considering Annette's prices. I am so sorry about all of this. :(

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

I do most of my mailing with usps. and I do understand they deliver lots of stuff. however, when I pay the fee to mail a package or letter I feel I should not have to buy insurance to reimburse me for the contents if something happens. they should reimburse because I already paid them to deliver. jmho :closedeyes:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Ya, until that fateful day when your order is either delayed for some reason, or your HHV shipment lands smashed to smithereens. I anticipate there would be a monkey having a small tirade. Banana skins and poopie flying all over the place. The horror...

USPS - 171 billion total mail pieces processed in 2010 which was 563 million mail pieces processed each day or 23 million mail pieces processed each hour.

I'd say they do a good job.

23 MILLION per HOUR. Let that sink in.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ya, until that fateful day when your order is either delayed for some reason, or your HHV shipment lands smashed to smithereens. I anticipate there would be a monkey having a small tirade. Banana skins and poopie flying all over the place. The horror...

You could always walk to Newman and pick up your juice and walk it home. You know, just to be sure.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA

Pffttt.... I have enough juice to last 6 months easy. :)

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida

Based on their response to your problems I probably wouldn't order from them. Based on their response to your review, I will remove the probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread