Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
Coming from the supplement industry....a lot of supplement contain trace amounts of whats listed but not the correct amount, or if the lab it's made in is dirty, could have trace amounts of other chemicals or even steroids....well it's not standard for high quality companies to be GMP certified which means your facility must pass certain quality control procedures to ensure the company that whats listed is actually the only stuff thats in the product and no cross contamination. this may increase cost for a lot of juices if there was a way to do this, but some ppl will be ok with spending more if they are being guaranteed exact amounts of chemicals and ingredients

i've also searched around larger vendors sites looking for a juice but can't find it for long periods of time....please upgrade the search feature on the site, i've typed in the exact name of the juice i was looking for to have the search show me zero results

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Maybe something like this:

Born On: 8/5/12
Best After: 8/26/12
Expiration: 8/5/13

I would also like having the option of pre-steeped juices and could accept paying a bit higher price for them.

Gourmet Vapor for a format that I think works well.

These are excellent suggestions! It would be wonderful to see a "best after" date on the bottle. Good point about having the option to buy pre-steeped juices as well. Certainly on more popular juices, I would think this would be perfectly feasible. Many vendors are great at getting orders processed and shipped out rapidly. Oftentimes an order arrives two or three days in my mailbox after I've placed the order with a vendor who is on the other side of the country, which is fantastic. Then I have to wait two weeks to vape the juice..... Anyone else see the irony here?

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
As has already been mentioned here, the most frustrating things are poorly written or no flavor descriptions and lack of PG/VG makeup or ingredients. Another thing I dislike is rebadged bulk chinese or other brand liquids. If you buy Dekang or Hansen liquids and rebadge them or tweak them then tell us you do it. Not like we are not going to be able to tell when we taste it. For every person that will turn away because of the use of rebadged liquid X, you will attract another. It all comes out in the wash, just quit wasting my money to do it. I will also give a huge vote of support to providing steeping recommendations. I guarantee you, you ARE losing customers over this!! Guaranteed!!

Another thing is secret proprietary VG/PG blends. Hello?? Its VG and PG mixed together! What competitor flipping cares what your ratio is??? A day in the lab/kitchen and they can try every possible combination. All you are doing is shutting the door on potential customers who have tolerance issues with one or the other.

Keep the prices fair and reasonable and if you can absorb the cost, free samples go a long way.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Another thing is secret proprietary VG/PG blends. Hello?? Its VG and PG mixed together! What competitor flipping cares what your ratio is??? A day in the lab/kitchen and they can try every possible combination. All you are doing is shutting the door on potential customers who have tolerance issues with one or the other.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There are health issues at stake here. There is no good reason to keep this information under wraps.

I would like to see Glass bottles be a standard myself, or at the minimum at least an Option to place your order with using Glass bottles .

I have seen these options as well as price difference.
I don't mind food grade plastic myself as I've had many issues with broken bottles via mail.

I don't think any of my mayonnaise; ketchup; mustard bottles; etc are glass, so it's not a big issue for me, but having the option is nice.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Use a label that doesn't start to peel if I run it under water when I get a drip on the outside. Gloss is good. Plain paper is not.

Tell us whether your plastic bottle is food grade and whether there's anything in the liquid that will melt it. If so, use a bottle that won't start to turn cloudy after a week from the juice eating at the inside.

Include a 3ml sample of our choice with the order and you will increase sales. I'm not buying a juice that hasn't been recommended unless I can try it first or know some people who have raved about it. Your sales will increase if you do this. Electronic Cigarettes, E-Liquids & eCig Accessories | Awesome Vapor does this and it makes me order various flavors after trying them.

Offer multiple sizes. If we like a juice, we order 30ml and 60ml bottles. I hate buying 4 bottles to get 60ml. Sometimes that makes me buy Dekang instead of your house juice.

As has been said, tell me what the juice tastes like. Flowery descriptions don't tell me much. If it really tastes like a certain cigarette or it really tastes like watermelon or root beer, tell me ... otherwise don't yank my chain with vague descriptions and a pretty picture. Don't let me buy it and find out that it tastes like water with a hint of melon or beer made from tree roots with a hint of perfume. I will tell others!

Tell us boldly what your warranty covers, how long it lasts, and what we have to do to maintain it. I recently visited several vendor sites looking at warranties on a particular VV mod. They varied from 14 days to 30 days. The manufacturer states one year on the company site. Why don't we get that warranty length? I'm sure there's a reason, I just haven't had it explained to me.

Vapers:

Most vendors are nice people who will bend over backwards to make us happy. When you encounter one, tell everyone you know how good they are and why. There's no use in lambasting them when they are lousy. We can just go with the ones that everyone else loves and avoid those without good reviews.

Last edited:

Seawolfe

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
So Cal
I may be just a nubcake who has bought e-liquids from exactly 2 shops, but I do know how to shop on-line. What I would like to see from e-liquid vendors is more options for how to sort and search the products. I would like to sort by all time best selling, rating (honest rating please!), new to old, best selling in the last 30 days etc... And I would also like to be able to perform these sortings within categories such as fruit, tobacco, deserts, themed mixes....

I would like to see more sample packs - customizable sample packs even. And I'd even like sample packs with the same flavor but different pg/vg ratios so I can learn the differences. Or even easier for you - give me a discount on x numbers of liquids and let me pick my own!

I would like pg/vg ratio choices once I select a flavor, and I would also like you to recommend a ratio! If you need to qualify that recommendation for types of systems - thats ok!

And it wouldn't hurt to put tutorials up for us nubs. Right there near where Im shopping to catch my eye.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Busardo's the man! A lot of wisdom there.

On the issue of giving out sample bottles, I'd like to give an example. I feel like I know what I'm looking for when I'm juice shopping. Some flavors sound appealing to me and some don't. I'm personally not big on fruity or desserty type flavors. I tend to steer clear of most things that sound sweet. A local friend (a friend, mind you, not me) received a free sample of Butterfly Bait from Mom and Pop's with an order he had placed. He was vaping it one day and offered me some. Holy crud buckets, was that stuff good!!! I never would have ordered something like that otherwise, but I immediately ordered a 30 mL bottle and now it's one of my favorite juices. Furthermore, I had never ordered from Mom and Pop's before, so that one sample bottle of BB that was given to my friend ended up winning me over as a customer (and I felt compelled to try some of their other juices), and I've recommended them to a number of other vapers as well. Plus, I appreciate them as a company that values their customers. On paper it may seem like a loss to give out free samples, but you never know what kind of returns you will get.

just one day

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Florida
I agree with everything posted since the OP. My 2 cents would be to actually have the labels display the graphic you see on the web site. Some of these graphics are great. Example Ahlusions . And if you think about it , if your dripping, you pick up that bottle multiple times. You would git a visual stimulus preparing your senses for what is coming, a phisical stimulus of a smoking like action and then the taste. You see it , you do it and you taste it

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
The one main issue I have with e-liquids that I have purchased in my short experience is consistancy of flavors. There is almost always some difference in flavor with each purchase, sometimes drastically different! If I buy a 10ml bottle to test and like it I want the 30ml bottle I purchase next to taste almost exactly the same.
In one case I had tried a nice cool menthol with a slight minty aftertaste(from a well known vendor), the next bottle I bought tasted like it blew in from Antarctica, it was like Altoids on steroids. The vendor offered me a free replacement which was not quite as bad as the second bottle but was nowhere close to the first one. I really miss not being able to vape that flavor but I cannot bring myself to try it again. By the way, I am using the (2) 30ml bottles to give a great coolness to other flavors by adding it at about 5% volume.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have seen these options as well as price difference.
I don't mind food grade plastic myself as I've had many issues with broken bottles via mail.

I don't think any of my mayonnaise; ketchup; mustard bottles; etc are glass, so it's not a big issue for me, but having the option is nice.

Mayo and Ketchup have a different effect on plastic then the Nic and flavoring do, but this isnt the place for that debate, Choices are always the best to have, especially since you cant always satisfy all with just 1 Option being plastic, Glass is a great Option to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread