Message to e-Liquid vendors: This is what we want from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
I could see this but honestly I would guess most vendors just make them in their kitchen (excluding bigger vendors). If I were to undertake being a juice vendor only I surely wouldn't have an actual lab to create them.
I'd probably sit in my underwear drinking a beer, eating pizza at my kitchen table while I concoct my next great juice. The secret is in the 20 business cards I send you with your 5ml sampler. Then you won't care where I make it because it's obvious with that many cards to toss around I'm a serious businessman.

Note to self..NEVER buy Darths Magickal juice!!:ohmy:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
To vendors: If you change ANYTHING about your recipe e.g. nicotine, ingredient profile, different brand flavors etc., please tell us. We know these juices and it helps to know that you are not changing things up under the guise of "what they don't know won't hurt 'em." I have a pretty sensitive palate, as do many others; if something is different, I can tell--though you (the vendor) will only be able to tell that I can tell by my inactivity in your recent client list.

Last edited:
Reactions: slr817

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Good one! Business cards cost money right? To vendors: I have never done a thing with those business cards but throw them in the trash. I may have kept a couple of my favorites, but it honestly is a waste IMO. Until the world starts becoming more vape friendly, I have no one to give your cards to. I surely don't need them.

actually I do give vendors cards away..............maybe the vendors should ask if we want any. I usually ask them to send me extras

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Thanks to the OP for this thread, great idea.
We should try and compile a list of info that should be the standard on all juice bottles. The PG/VG ratio, nic. level, bottle size, flavor, date made, exp. date, company name, all absolutely NEED to be on the bottle. If its a 3mL bottle, you may not be able to fit a lot of info, but figure it out, make something that works. I can't stand getting a juice that(one I got 2 days ago) has a round red garage sale sticker on it with an abbreviated flavor name and a number on it(nic level? who knows). If I don't remember, how do I know what it is. If its given to someone else, how do they know?

I like the idea of samples. I got some juice from pinkspot, and they included a sample of raspberry lemonade (with same nic level as the juices I ordered). Turned out, I would never have ordered that but I now order 30mL bottles of it, its one of my favorites. On the other end, I received a sample bottle that was 24mg nic, and the juice I ordered was 12mg. I'm not going to vape something that is double my strength. Common sense.

I could go on and on, but all the important points were already mentioned. Thanks everyone.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I didn't see this, sorry if it's here and I missed it.

I want to see the amount left in my bottles. some vendors put the labels completely around the bottle making it difficult if not impossible to see the liquid level

+1 to that! I can only guess how much juice I have left in some of my bottles. How will I know when it's time to reorder, vendors?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
To ECF members: Keep voicing your thoughts.

Because of this thread, I received an email from a vendor with images of the bat-cave. I cannot share these images and until I get the green light I can't share the name of the vendor (please don't ask me because I won't violate trust).

p.s. To that vendor: Nice bat-cave!

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
2. If you are going to have sample sizes, actually have them or take them off your site. Don't tease us with something we can't actually order.

this goes for hardware too, another topic maybe I should start. As a newbie, I HAD to order from 4 different sites, because I had to get started RIGHT AWAY. The extra s&h that cost me was not pleasant.

When I see sold out on every other item, whether it be juice or hardware, that tells me the vendor *may* not have a good computerized inventory system. and/or is not in touch with the amount of orders they get daily?

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
To vendors: If you change ANYTHING about your recipe e.g. nicotine, ingredient profile, different brand flavors etc., please tell us. We know these juices and it helps to know that you are not changing things up under the guise of "what they don't know won't hurt 'em." I have a pretty sensitive palate, as do many others; if something is different, I can tell--though you (the vendor) will only be able to tell that I can tell by my inactivity in your recent client list.

Be nice to know what necessitated (can we get a spell check?) the change too. I'd like to know if a flavor element is not available any longer or if they tested and the focus group likes this better or if its "what they don't know" might have been harmful.....

Last edited:

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
Had to post it here because I just got an order from a vendor.

Mister E Liquid.

I received the 1 bottle of juice I ordered. Plus a few free small 3ml samples.
A couple business cards
1 card with a calendar on one side and the other side was a thanks for your business stating the born on date of the juice and the recommended steep time of 9 days.
I also got a great hand written note on the order. Not just a thank you but actual comments letting me know that he actually read the comments I left for the order.

That being said. I have not tried the juice. This was the first time I purchased from this vendor, but I'll tell you this because of this type of service. Even if I don't like the juice I picked out I will buy from again and try another flavor.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
My pet peeves:

If you are going to give pg/vg, menthol strength options or double flavor, please recommend what you think is most suited for the juice or at least what is most popular... I am uneasy about buying juices with these options because I don't want to make something that deviates too far away from what should be good...

I like this idea. I came up with the most awful mix once and I think any recommendations might have helped. When I realized it was a "DIY" type juice, with lots of options, I had to laugh at myself as I got rid of it. I knew I hadn't done my homework. Whoops! :oops:

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
I see lots of people wanting glass dropper bottles...but I think that vendors go for the usual plastic bottles not just for cost, but for liability and labeling consideration. Nicotine is still a poison in large doses and many places require childproof containers etc. also I have seen the way that parcels get treated in the post...I don't want glass shards arriving in a eliquid soaked box... So if one must have eye dropper glass bottles, there are really cool ones out there to be had, like from cosmetics or essential oil shops.

Just my 2 cents as it were. Also I'd love to know more about where my juice is made, not from someone's coffee table with their cats climbing all over the place...from a proper clean room or lab. Some vendors are happy to show off their facilities, and I'm happy to buy from them, more so than I would be to just buy from joes garage...no offense to any joes out there who happen to have a garage;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just visited a site that required me to create an account before I could even see what they have to sell.
Umm, no. I already get enough spam/ pseudo spam in my inbox. There are enough other quality vendors out there. I'll give you my personal information IF and WHEN I choose to.

I would Never buy things from a site that required me to Create and Account before I could see what they have.

Heck, I don't even like to Shop a site Unless I can put an item into my Cart and then see my Shipping Options/Prices.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I see lots of people wanting glass dropper bottles...but I think that vendors go for the usual plastic bottles not just for cost, but for liability and labeling consideration. Nicotine is still a poison in large doses and many places require childproof containers etc. also I have seen the way that parcels get treated in the post...I don't want glass shards arriving in a eliquid soaked box... So if one must have eye dropper glass bottles, there are really cool ones out there to be had, like from cosmetics or essential oil shops.

I have read about broken bottles but it has never happened to me. I have had successful shipping of glass bottles from The Plume Room, Halo, House Of Liquid, Vermillion River and Ahlusion. If shipping a "poison," extreme caution should to be taken irrespective of the bottle material. Glass can break, platics can be punctured or compressed and subsequently opened. All glass bottles that I have recieved were shipped immaculately--the bottles were shipped as if they were, well, glass. As a side note, I have received many plastic bottles that opened, from one cause or another, several times.

Just my 2 cents as it were. Also I'd love to know more about where my juice is made, not from someone's coffee table with their cats climbing all over the place...from a proper clean room or lab. Some vendors are happy to show off their facilities, and I'm happy to buy from them, more so than I would be to just buy from joes garage...no offense to any joes out there who happen to have a garage;)

The fact of the matter is, a lot of vendors probably are making our consumable products in these type of conditions. Until we actually start asking, better yet, demanding some visual cue, we will be in the dark. Hail to all those that have nothing to hide. Eventually I would like to comprise a list of labs, work-spaces, or clean-rooms that have been seen via picture, video or in person. So, if you have seen the aforementioned from any vendor, please let me know.

CrystalClaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2011
NYC
I'd like vendors to have a backup plan instead of abruptly closing shop. I realize lifes trials and tribulations get in the way at times but I've seen it happen too frequently.

I stopped ordering from my favorite vendor because of this. It seems like every month they closed for a week. I refuse to spend my money at a time of their choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread