Metal 18490

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by redeyedancer, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

So here is were I am at. Another day or two & I will have this mod ready for blue prints. I have to build a insert tomorrow. I was thinking of using the mini woodvil and 18490 switch on this mod.
    Or just stick with the mechanical switch. Your input is welcome. The mod in the pic is oak. I do the prototypes out of wood... easier for me. I managed to make the 18490 a 1/16 " wider than the mini. It will be as thick as the grand that cant be helped. The juice well will be a little deeper on this mod. Weather I use the mechanical switch or the wired switch, I think this mod is going to be a nice little unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. whatitstrue

whatitstrue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is exciting!!!!!! cant wait and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote for Mechanical switch!!!!!!

"A Nice little unit" That would be an understatement. :drool: The dimensions look perfect from where Im sitting!!

3. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It looks awful good in wood too! When you're done prototyping it I'll be glad to help with disposal. I vote for the mechanical switch on this.

4. stephen1979

stephen1979 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Another vote for mechanical. One less thing that can go bad. I've become quite used to the consistency of having a mechanical switch.

5. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Thanks for voting your input counts :)

6. misplacedsooner

misplacedsooner Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

i cant compare really as all i own are the 18490 and a mini woodvil...i will say i love them though. if i can get up the cash i will have that green mini on classies then i will be able to compare better.

7. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

You know me....I'm all about the mechanical. :laugh:

8. Justice

Justice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

As nice as the buttons are on the woods I vote for all mechanical :) looks great Rob I'm getting excited. My 18490 wood is too nice for a work mod so I need the metal one :)

9. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Looks Super Rob, I gotta go along with the crew for the Mechanical switch for this one too ! Again Nice Work

10. Streetvapor

Streetvapor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1 Mechanical switch vote.

11. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Another vote for the mechanical switch. It wouldn't be the same without it. It'll take away from the durability of the mod.

12. misplacedsooner

misplacedsooner Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

wow, are mechanicals really that good? i love the buttons on my woods

13. Justice

Justice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes they are perfect just the way they are :)

14. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Definitely, you don't have to worry about them as much. If the metal REO's don't have that switch. They won't be all mechanical mods anymore and takes away from durability since mechanical switches have less of chance for failing. IMO electrical buttons are more suited for the woodvilles.

15. whatitstrue

whatitstrue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Couldnt have said it better myself. :toast:

My 2nd vote for all mechanical. :)

16. ltrainer

ltrainer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mechanical switch vote here too. I want to be able to wash the Reo it when I go though the car wash.

17. lawnman3

lawnman3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

ok i am also a (mechanical ) type guy rob... either way rob will picka great switch design...

18. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Love the size Robert! Metal 18490 just screams mechanical all the way! Just like a Mini on steroids!

19. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vote you use a touch sensor with haptic feedback and a color changing LED.

I mean, mechanical all the way.

20. PayleRyder

PayleRyder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mechanical for the metals. It goes together like beer 'n pretzels. It's part of what makes the metal REOs so durable and worry-free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.