Metal 18490

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Yup, mechanical all the way. Wish the wood ones were mechanical as well. I had a problem with a juice I was using and it swelled the oring and leaked all over the place. If it wasn't a mechanical switch, I would have fried the wires many times over. This is what kept me from ordering a 18490 wood. I've since changed juice vendors but still, always watching the oring. Can't wait till these metal ones come out. I already have the batteries.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Another vote for mechanical BUT can the button be shaped so that it's a little more finger friendly? Perhaps a wider top and rounded?

I'd like to see an asymmetric button, or at least hex-shaped so we can make button covers (I make mine out of FIMO clay) that don't spin freely over the button.

Of course, this is just wishlist stuff. The important thing is that we have a sturdy, reliable device... which Rob has a knack for producing.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
All Goodness bless R.E.O.'s hands! :nun:

Thank you Rob!

I wonder about the wired switch - placement like the mini woodvils? I love love love the switch on my mini woodvil :D Perhaps it could be an option for button-mashing REO users. In any case, thank you for your wonderful works R.E.O. :wub:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Well I guess that is that mechanical wow I thought there would be a mix .As long as you guys help me with the button mashers. I love the mechanical switch myself but there are people that just don't get it . It can be very frustrating mechanical switches are not for some people . I will keep the button the same for all the mods it would be a pain to have two sizes . What I will do is work on some kind of cap for the top of the button more leverage for the mashers :facepalm: Thanks for all your input very much appreciated :vapor:

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Well I guess that is that mechanical wow I thought there would be a mix .As long as you guys help me with the button mashers. I love the mechanical switch myself but there are people that just don't get it . It can be very frustrating mechanical switches are not for some people . I will keep the button the same for all the mods it would be a pain to have two sizes . What I will do is work on some kind of cap for the top of the button more leverage for the mashers :facepalm: Thanks for all your input very much appreciated :vapor:

A R.E.O. button cap?! You're just AWESOME! :wub:

amarti

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Dusseldorf, Germany
As far as I discovered on the photo, the door has the same size as the Mini but with two magnets. Perfect!

I vote for the mechanical switches, because today I totally burned my winter-jacket pocket with the 18490 woodvill. The top button is much more secure for day to day use of a stupid, lazy, guy.

Regarding mashing:
Isn't there a possibility to get a switch with tactile feedback? Click switch? To make it clear, it is not important, that the tiny nose at the side of the push down switch has to fit to the electrical contact. It is only psychology for the mashers.

(I recognized by my own, that although I knew it better, I sometimes did mashing when I was in the pub, in the disco, when people, girls and beer had been more important for me than "Be carefully Andreas".)

Andreas

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
rob, I think a top cap for the button would be great! a perfect solution for the mashers, and a comfortable... bigger button for the masses. If you make a top cap, you gotta sell em separately so I can have one for my grand :). I thought about doing the syringe mod... but nah.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Definitely, you don't have to worry about them as much. If the metal REO's don't have that switch. They won't be all mechanical mods anymore and takes away from durability since mechanical switches have less of chance for failing. IMO electrical buttons are more suited for the woodvilles.

+1.................

Alice

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Having made a few button caps for my own use, I can tell you that you can regulate how far down the button can be pushed push with the height of the sidewalls of the cap - the caps can actually prevent mashing.
I had the same thought Dave we think alike .Stop the mashers in there tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread