metallic like taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
I have two subtank mini rba's and the one currently in use is doin okay 2days so far fine.Just to see how the other one hit(i forgot why I didn't use the build in tht one) I put it on the base..using mrgoodvape sundae funday...power it up nd do a vape....it's.got a metal like taste to it..unpleasant.it's running at 1.2 which isn't what I like.. .7-1 has been good for me..but the taste isn't good at all.I've been having some problems lately with either a funky taste,burnt or major juice spurts .takes me many coils till one works .the coil I'm using is .7and from when I put it in it never had tht metallic taste to it but the other one does...I'm sick of not knowing y these things happen and coming across as.completely stupid to all of you but I'm trying to learn about why things like this are happening to me.so,metallic taste,why? Burnt,could it be too little cotton? Too much? juice spurts,cotton problem? I'm Waiting on the cotton squares from slowtech and am using the cotton my local(and very close)vape shop uses..they all use the cotton so it's got to be me..can someone nicely help me..I'm just trying to learn.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Have you throughly cleaned your tank, if new. Machine oil has a flavor all it's own. Soap water and a soft bristle toothbrush may fix your issue.
Are your coils wound consistently and is the cotton installed such that it move within the coil? The cotton should fill the inside of the coil but not be tightly packed. In other words you should be able to move the cotton without disturbing the coil.
As ckquatt said hot leg is where the coil leads glow red.

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
If youre rebuilding them a metallic taste is usually an indication of a hot leg. when you rebuild a coil, fire ot to check for hot legs. You can usually pulse them out.

I thought I read Kanger used resistance nonresistance wire in those coils. That may be part if your problem.

Not sure I understand what "resistance nonresistance wire" is, or what kanger using for coils will effect the ones I build....but I do understand tht I will check legs wen I use another coil

Fussellini70713

Mar 28, 2015
Napa, CA
Have you throughly cleaned your tank, if new. Machine oil has a flavor all it's own. Soap water and a soft bristle toothbrush may fix your issue.
Are your coils wound consistently and is the cotton installed such that it move within the coil? The cotton should fill the inside of the coil but not be tightly packed. In other words you should be able to move the cotton without disturbing the coil.
As ckquatt said hot leg is where the coil leads glow red.

I've had the tank a month now,only had tht metallic taste to it twice,two weeks ago i tried a coil in it and it happened,then the other day.other than occasional juice mouth and my wicking I haven't had bad tastes,occasionally I get burnt taste right off the bat on a coil n then I change it

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Not sure I understand what "resistance nonresistance wire" is, or what kanger using for coils will effect the ones I build....but I do understand tht I will check legs wen I use another coil
R nr wire is generally used when a coil is built for a device that has longer coil leads. it's a piece of kanthal with a piece of non resistance wire attached to each end. The coil is wrapped in the middle so that the only leads you have going down into the body of the atomizer is the non resistance wire. They conduct electricity but don't heat. It helps to stop hot legs.

Non-Resistance Wire Added To Resistance Wire...How Do I Do It? | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread