Metaphors, Similes and Analogys:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
To my tastebuds, vaping = smoking like creme brûlée = burnt brussels sprouts.

To my nose, vaping = smoking like cookies baking = rubber tires burning.

To my lungs, vaping = smoking like breathing fresh country air = sucking on an exhaust pipe.

To my lifestyle, vaping = smoking like living in the rain forest = living in a cage at the zoo.

To the woefully uninformed and sadly misguided, vaping = smoking.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
To my tastebuds, vaping = smoking like creme brûlée = burnt brussels sprouts.

To my nose, vaping = smoking like cookies baking = rubber tires burning.

To my lungs, vaping = smoking like breathing fresh country air = sucking on an exhaust pipe.

To my lifestyle, vaping = smoking like living in the rain forest = living in a cage at the zoo.

To the woefully uninformed and sadly misguided, vaping = smoking.

It took me a while to get used to your analogical form with the use of the = sign, opposed to "is to/as", but let me tell you...you ended it out with a bang. I really like the overall journey of contrasting you used, with the somewhat melancholy yet true revelation at the end.

"To the woefully uninformed and sadly misguided, vaping = smoking." JudeD

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
It took me a while to get used to your analogical form with the use of the = sign, opposed to "is to/as", but let me tell you...you ended it out with a bang. I really like the overall journey of contrasting you used, with the somewhat melancholy yet true revelation at the end.

"To the woefully uninformed and sadly misguided, vaping = smoking." JudeD

Thanks. I know the contest is over, but I just felt like writing a couple for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread