mg per ml?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
I'm still confused on this whole mg per ml thing. Like I have 8mg nic juice and to my understanding all ejuice is supposed to be mg per ml correct? Like I sometimes vape up to 2ml or a little more depending on my stress level but does that mean I'm actually taking in 16mg nicotine a day or is it still just 8mg only or what?! Sorry I'm a bit confused as my math sucks lol

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm still confused on this whole mg per ml thing. Like I have 8mg nic juice and to my understanding all ejuice is supposed to be mg per ml correct? Like I sometimes vape up to 2ml or a little more depending on my stress level but does that mean I'm actually taking in 16mg nicotine a day or is it still just 8mg only or what?! Sorry I'm a bit confused as my math sucks lol
Yes, it is per ml

Like Lissifer said whether we actually absorb the whole amount is debatable. Remember cigarettes are listed as having 1.2 mg which is lots higher.

We use ecigs to keep the cravings away for cigarettes. So 2ml of ejuice is a very small amt to expect it to satisfy cravings. imo

Reactions: DavidOck

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
Yes, it is per ml

Like Lissifer said whether we actually absorb the whole amount is debatable. Remember cigarettes are listed as having 1.2 mg which is lots higher.

We use ecigs to keep the cravings away for cigarettes. So 2ml of ejuice is a very small amt to expect it to satisfy cravings. imo
Just wondering about this as I am only 3 weeks into vaping and I had a few drinks last night and chain vaped like crazy and I think I some how made myself nic sick and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. I'm still used to the habit of chain smoking while I drink and well I guess I can't vape like I would smoke cigarettes when I drank lol

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just wondering about this as I am only 3 weeks into vaping and I had a few drinks last night and chain vaped like crazy and I think I some how made myself nic sick and it wasn't a very pleasant experience. I'm still used to the habit of chain smoking while I drink and well I guess I can't vape like I would smoke cigarettes when I drank lol
Maybe on those type of outings you can have an ejuice with a lower mg. Cut it in half or something. I use 3mg and vape all day long. Just a thought.

:)

Reactions: rbrookv

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'm pretty sure there are one or more chemicals present in tobacco cigarettes that prevent or delay 'nic sickness' but I can't remember the post or article that made me believe that..

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm pretty sure there are one or more chemicals present in tobacco cigarettes that prevent or delay 'nic sickness' but I can't remember the post or article that made me believe that..
    This would not surprise me as they put in just about everything else.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I've read about the chemical in smokes that gives you the sort of "high", but not really a high...more like just a really relaxed feeling. That's why we craved 1 in tense or stressful situations. Might be something like dopamine (sp?), or whatever it is that gives you a euphoric feeling when relaxation sets in. Maybe it "masked" what we would've felt from smoking too much?

Whatever it was, I also think our tolerance to smoking built up as we smoked more and more years. 'Cause I remember when I was sneaking smokes in my late teens and smoking them...if I had too many in a short time, I'd get sort of a sick feeling from it. Once I became a regular smoker though...it never happened.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    10MG e-liquid is 1% nicotine.
    There are still some e-liquid makers who label the nicotine in their juice as a percentage; 1.8% = 18MG (per ML).
    Scarily there are even some makers who get confused. I have seen 2.4% (24MG) eliquid advertised as 2.4MG.

I vape 5ml a day of 1.2% (or 12MG) which equates to 5x12 = 60MG of nicotine a day. I can guarantee that my body absorbs less than half of that though. I certainly remember getting dizzy after smoking 2-3 Marlboro reds in a row, It's never happened to me when (chain) vaping.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    think of it as making a drink.... 1 oz of booze per 6 oz of mixer. you drink 4 drinks, you have consumed 4 oz of booze

so... if you have 8mg of nic per ml and you vape 3 mls. you consumed 24mg of nic....

but heres the thing... you really dont consume all the nic cuz you blow out vapor when you exhale.

kinda like taking a bug gulp of drink, swallowing 1/4 or so and spitting the rest out...

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I would comment but @Lessifer already posted what I would have commented, I can vape up to 30-40 ML's of e-Liquid and not get Nic Sick because of my vaping style. When I am in an environment where the cloud from a Nautilus Mini will upset people I hold it in longer and vape less. Vaping is more than just making clouds bro........

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread