• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Michigan Senate Bill 1018 -- Take action now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
This bill in in committee. If anyone hasn't seen CASAA's call to action, here is a link:

CASAA: Call to Action: Michigan Legislators are Considering an Excise Tax on E-Cigarettes

Just as important, we have drafted a letter to legislators from Michigan store owners, juice manufacturers and other vendors. It can be signed online. If you're a vendor and haven't signed it yet, please PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thanks to everyone who's getting involved and fighting back.

Last edited:

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Yup... did this a few hours ago... thanks for the heads up... now I BUMP

09/16/2014 09:04 AM to the following recipients: Gov. Rick Snyder (R-MI), Lt. Gov. Brian Calley (R-MI), Sen. Joe Hune (R-MI), Rep. Bill Rogers (R-MI), Atty. General Bill Schuette (R-MI)

Thank you for taking action on our issue.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
In case anyone is wondering, this bill is sponsored by Sen. Randy Richardville (R-MI; Senate Majority Leader). I am watching it closely and with bated breath. This would be terrible on a number of fronts, and especially since vape shops are popping up more and more out here.

p.s. Emails have been sent.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
Sent my success story and opinion on SB1018 as soon as I got the email from CASAA. Today I got another email stating that SB1018 had been removed from the list.

It looks like our efforts are having an impact. Let's keep it up, this is no time to relax.

I firmly believe this will only make those pushing this bill to try a sneaker approach to get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread