Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny

9 wraps of 32g A1 kanthal
on big safetypin 1mm id
I think it was 1.5 ohms
hand wrapped and checked on macro for overlaps, was lucky on first try :p

coil itself loks great but man that coil can stand to come out much closer to the edge of the deck. flavor would improve big time and it would smooth out/ less harshness, sweeter. try to get it so it winds up very close to the inside of the airhole on the atty cap. yours is really recessed a lot

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Ok now officially bummed out. Didn't get to go out to eat, like I wanted. And my new jig still shows out for delivery. BABY want's his jig. bhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh well. At last I didn't tear everything out to soon, so I'm still vaping. :)

And no I don't have a clue who will deliver it. USPS, UPS, FEDEX. No idea. I don't pay attention.. :(

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
What wire are you using?

torching first can help but not needed for most wires.

The key is constant tension when wrapping the coil on mandrel, drill bit, needle or jig. I hold the wire at a slight angle when wrapping so it slides down the side the wrap already in place.

Keep mandrel in place while installing the RBA.

Remove mandrel and fire it without a wick installed and lightly squeeze and hold with large tweezers or needle nose pliers. Repeat several times. at first you'll have hot legs and then it will start to glow from inside out.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i hold and squeeze the coil in pliers and blowtorch the life out of it - for no other reason than i like it! I use tougher wire than you usually so it's a method that i find gives me consistent coils without the gaps, although there's really no need to panic about it. A few gaps will not ruin a coil, but hotlegs/hotspots will need to be sorted, usually by nudging them about a bit.

I use a jeweller's screwdriver to do this and i can be fairly ruthless with it. And then re-tighten the screws - SXD does this religiously in all his videos. I don't use microcoils but the advice is good.

There are a few jigs out there - i seee on from Qvapes that looks like A Darkzero rip off, and i have a DZ jig for my stuff. There is also an ingenious one made by Turbocad6 that you can find on Youtube.

Best of luck.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread