Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I want my coils to look as tight as yours. That chalice with the hole between the posts looks sweet. I think that configuration would make placing the coils easier.

I think the REOmizer and a7 have a similar relationship with the hole in the center.

Also note how on your ERA, the juice hole Dispenses juice out of both sides of the post - if you wrap the tail around the post and back under the coil you may achieve better saturation?

The coil tightness is easy to attain when you scrunch it against the end of whatever you twisted it up on. I think your coils look great.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

Needo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
Amarillo, Tx.
IMAG0130.jpg IMAG0131.jpg
I decided to take the micro coil to the absurd limit by wrapping 30 gauge kanthol wire 16 times around the allen-wrench used for the post.
I had to make several passes with a sewing needle to get the silica wick installed in pieces. I tried cotton thread at first but it dried and burned too quickly. It provided a good vape despite the whopping 2.4 ohms. I am using 60% of the juice that I normally do. Here are some picts.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
View attachment 186488 View attachment 186489
I decided to take the micro coil to the absurd limit by wrapping 30 gauge kanthol wire 16 times around the allen-wrench used for the post.
I had to make several passes with a sewing needle to get the silica wick installed in pieces. I tried cotton thread at first but it dried and burned too quickly. It provided a good vape despite the whopping 2.4 ohms. I am using 60% of the juice that I normally do. Here are some picts.

That micro is off the chain! Im throwing ya an e high five for pushing the envelope on micro ergonomics. The juice consumption factor is a welcome side effect!

Next up: building a 30 wrap coil around strand of 32 ga Kanthal...

Who's gonna be the first to try it? If I thought I could rewick it, I would!

Thanks for the feedback.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
That micro is off the chain! Im throwing ya an e high five for pushing the envelope on micro ergonomics. The juice consumption factor is a welcome side effect!

Next up: building a 30 wrap coil around strand of 32 ga Kanthal...

Who's gonna be the first to try it? If I thought I could rewick it, I would!

Ok, I think I'll have to try now. My guess is at that point you put your wick around it rather than through.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Because I was so impressed with the nice coil I made for the Hornet, I made another micro-coil earlier today wrapping it about 8/9 times on a heavy duty paperclip. Scrunched it all together, and mounted it diagonally on my Reomizer. It metered to about 1.8ish, if I remember right. Wicked it with some boiled cotton ball. Vaping some peppermint cupcake and it is very very good! I like this micro-coil thing. My paperclip seems to be the perfect size. The whole system seems to stay cleaner and be more efficient. That's a good thing!

I'm 2 days in with the micro on the Hornet and the original wick is still clean and the coil looks good, too. :thumbs:

Thanks, Super_X!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Because I was so impressed with the nice coil I made for the Hornet, I made another micro-coil earlier today wrapping it about 8/9 times on a heavy duty paperclip. Scrunched it all together, and mounted it diagonally on my Reomizer. It metered to about 1.8ish, if I remember right. Wicked it with some boiled cotton ball. Vaping some peppermint cupcake and it is very very good! I like this micro-coil thing. My paperclip seems to be the perfect size. The whole system seems to stay cleaner and be more efficient. That's a good thing!

I'm 2 days in with the micro on the Hornet and the original wick is still clean and the coil looks good, too. :thumbs:

Thanks, Super_X!

I'm noticing duplicate results. Didn't even have to dry burn when I rewicked.

Another observation of this setup is one squonk saturates the entire wick. On certain RBA's, it even wets the entire coil.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Yup, I think it wets better both coil and wick with this lotta-wraps-micro-coil. Before I was rewicking every day because of the ick. I didn't mind, but if I can get longer times between rewicking, that's very nice. I use 3 flavors in 3 REOs all the time and even though I change flavors almost daily in all of them, I run compatible flavors back to back so after a couple vapes the new flavor takes over.

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
I swapped out the coil and silica wick in my ERA tonight. I put in a micro coil that I wrapped on a paper clip. It is 6-7 wraps at 1.5 ohms.

I used a piece of cotton from an organic cotton ball for the wick, and I made sure to leave it long enough to wrap around the post so that the juice coming through the hole on the other side would hit it. At first I still wasn't liking the taste of the cotton, but after about 10 hits and a few squonks it started tasting better. I have been vaping on it for about 2 hours now and I am loving this micro coil with the cotton. This thing is a vaping machine:D This is the first time my dh has commented about me fogging up the bedroom:vapor:

_EMA4537.jpg

_EMA4540.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I swapped out the coil and silica wick in my ERA tonight. I put in a micro coil that I wrapped on a paper clip. It is 6-7 wraps at 1.5 ohms.

I used a piece of cotton from an organic cotton ball for the wick, and I made sure to leave it long enough to wrap around the post so that the juice coming through the hole on the other side would hit it. At first I still wasn't liking the taste of the cotton, but after about 10 hits and a few squonks it started tasting better. I have been vaping on it for about 2 hours now and I am loving this micro coil with the cotton. This thing is a vaping machine:D This is the first time my dh has commented about me fogging up the bedroom:vapor:

_EMA4537.jpg

_EMA4540.jpg

Very nice Ellen. Just be careful not to let the coil itself come in contact with the base of the atty. I'm glad it is working for you!

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
Very nice Ellen. Just be careful not to let the coil itself come in contact with the base of the atty. I'm glad it is working for you!

Thanks. Will it cause a short if the coil touches the base? I have it sitting pretty low as the photo shows, but it is not touching. I will adjust it a little higher if I need to.

jeapa

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Delaware
Yes, it can short. The coil should not touch anything.

Glad you like the micro. I do too! Been using them on both the hornet and reomizer now.

Thanks CATastrophe. I raised it up just a bit for piece of mind. I ordered a couple of extra springs, but I don't have them yet and I would hate to have a short. Better to play it safe.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
This is a really cool idea! I gave it a try using the smallest eyeglass screwdriver I could find. Ended up at 2.5ohm

DSC_7906-X2.jpg

Pretty good flavor and vapor production!

Be careful though.. this happened while I was trying to get a shot of it in action..

DSC_7907-M.jpg

haha.. scared this crap outta me!

HA! :laugh:

:evil:

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
This is a really cool idea! I gave it a try using the smallest eyeglass screwdriver I could find. Ended up at 2.5ohm

DSC_7906-X2.jpg

Be careful though.. this happened while I was trying to get a shot of it in action..

DSC_7907-M.jpg

That gives a whole new meaning to "Fire in the Hole!"
:ohmy:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

DSC_7906-X2.jpg

DSC_7907-M.jpg

That looks like a kickass setup. The pictures make the coil look like its almost touching the post - is that what fired up?

zodduska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Illinois

The coil isn't in contact with the post although the angle does appear as it could be. The pic was an eight second exposure so I was firing it the whole time, it seemed to vaporize all the juice then run dry and ignite.. I'm not really sure what was burning although I've seen VG burn similarly when prepping SS wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread