Micro coils and ohms description

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Amazingly beautiful Cat :) you rock :). Has Sam built one yet? I wanna see it :)
That thick wires' sweet ain't it?

Thanks, Supe! I don't do coil art like some guys here, :D but I'm pleased with my coils. They are neat and tight and vape wonderfully. And I'm still one of those rebels who don't bother with heating/torching the wire first. I just wrap, very much like in Stat's vid and then do the pulse and squeeze after it's mounted also like Stat showed.

I don't think Sam's done one yet. But when he does, I'll take a pic.

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
11 wraps of 27g Kanthal at .99 ohms.

2013_08_06_02_05_24_HDR.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
11 wraps of 27g Kanthal at .99 ohms.

2013_08_06_02_05_24_HDR.jpg

Liveone, have you reached the point where your dialed in bro? Great looking coil by the way :)

A recent (yesterday) observation I've made is that with the 27 ga, if you hold the fire button for about 3 seconds before hitting, it's a whole different animal :). You may like it :)

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
28AWG Kanthol
5/64" machined cylinder (.0005 runout, overkill)
7.5 wraps

2.5mm silica. Put it in, forgot to torch it. I'll never forget to do that now. The silica seemed a little loose, but I just ran it to nearly dry and never got that "loose wick" taste. Rocking a super pungent pineapple on the Igo-L with 1x 1/16" air hole. Firing on a 4.1V 2x18650 low voltage drop box mod. Throat hit is moderate. Flavor is pretty intense. Vapor is rather cool.

2013-08-06_13-39-09_744-1.jpg

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks, Supe! :) The top one is my new favorite. Excellent flavor, pretty gentle, actually. It really plays well with your observation re: short toots and long epic vapes.

I want to try one of the many new ones you have rolled out but in truth, I can barely wrap one of my normal coils. I'm as lacking in close up detail eyesight as I am in patience :)

gbacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Henderson, NV
I want to try one of the many new ones you have rolled out but in truth, I can barely wrap one of my normal coils. I'm as lacking in close up detail eyesight as I am in patience :)

The glasses I never wear fix my distance site but nothing helps me see close up. I have been known to overlap my wraps on the 30ga and not know it till I test the coil :ohmy:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Mama bumbles' throat couldn't handle the true light. I've got her tootin' on a "mini" with wraps not touching. ~1.2Ω. She likes the default draw of the RM2, so I have to baby the build. She takes real short draws, so I can't make her a really long micro, cause it won't heat up in time. Anyway, I built to suit and she's real happy with it.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York

Similar problems with eyes. Went to Michaels and bought magnifying lens, stands upright, for $14.99 makes all the difference in the world. Good Luck, well worth the money.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Similar problems with eyes. Went to Michaels and bought magnifying lens, stands upright, for $14.99 makes all the difference in the world. Good Luck, well worth the money.

Yep, got me one of them with a light in it too :) That's the only way I can pull this gig off :)

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Yeppers, got a magnefying glass on stand with LEDs too about same price. Still hard for me to see, eyes dancing all over the place on the coil wraps. I'm also wearing 2 pairs of readers at the same time, you'd laugh your butts off to see my schtick about the time the front pair slides off my ugly nose.

Somebody said there are 6Xpower readers out there, anybody tried those? I'm going into town this weekend and if I knew who has the higher powered glasses I'd try to get a pair.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Yeppers, got a magnefying glass on stand with LEDs too about same price. Still hard for me to see, eyes dancing all over the place on the coil wraps. I'm also wearing 2 pairs of readers at the same time, you'd laugh your butts off to see my schtick about the time the front pair slides off my ugly nose.

Somebody said there are 6Xpower readers out there, anybody tried those? I'm going into town this weekend and if I knew who has the higher powered glasses I'd try to get a pair.

I use these:
View attachment 239466

Got them at a hobby shop for about $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread