Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
29 is perfect for fast heat up. Less flimsy than 30 but faster heat up than 28. Perfect for 2 1/16" ID (micro coils) netting .50 on a dual coil build :)

I also notice that the terminal screws don't loosen up unwelcomly like 28 and below has a tendency to.

Had my first micro coil rolled today at my local B&M. I must say their customer service is excellent and they have a mixologist there that does incredible e-liquids, but they let every one there wrap coils! That is the only down fall I have seen. I was free hand wrapping wicks faster than they did in the store.
To the point they used 28 gauge and I thought they broke my RM2 it went from cranking out great flavor and impressive clouts at my hand rolled 1.4 ohm, to doing nothing at their 1.3 ohm with the fancy cotton fabric they used.
When I got home, first thing I checked was my battery by putting in a fully charged one, to be sure it had not discharged giving me bad performance. Next I pulled out the virgin cotton uber wick. and fired it to see how fast the coil was heating up.
Just as I thought, their uber wick was too tight in the coil first of all, and the 28 gauge wire was taking its own sweet time heating up compared to the wire I use to hand wrap. Needless to say, 29 gauge wire ordered, and drill bit so I can wrap my own now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread