20161022_172829_zpsqxidxkl4_edit_1477173031546_zpsdp6aooue.jpg
20161022_194002_zpsuzorebfr_edit_1477179751522_zps6263jvzk.jpg

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
when im not at home plugging away at my ST Plus on the giant MVP 3.0, this is what im puffing on

If God would have intended for us to continue vaping humongous mods (after He invented Micro-mods)...He wouldn't have given us Vapocalypse Drawers...:shock:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Aspire + milspec kit. I posted a thread about the nautilus nano tank.

My Aspire/MilSpec kit is arriving today. What I find odd is the advertising of this mod as MilSpec being a new American company making this mod, which is NOT true. Months a go, I had my eye on this mod, which was originally called the "SMY MR.Q 40 watt". Here is the link to confirm:

Original SMY MR.Q 40W TC Box Mod

I've had too many issues with Gearbest, so I never ordered it. Then a few months later, I see this Aspire/MilSpec mod, exactly the same, except you get this new 1300mah 18350 battery. I've been hoping our battery guru "Mooch" gets to test this, as all other 18350 batteries till this point max out at 800mah's. Like the AW 18350 12 amp. Mooch has already confirmed that Aspire has been guilty of over rating it's batteries in the past.

So I will therefore assume, this company MilSpec is buying the SMY Mr. Q mods, and just has their own brand logo printed on it, and made a deal with Aspire to supply the battery. I don't have a problem with any of this, other then some of the misleading online info on this mod, as it is really an SMY product. I have 3 SMY SDNA75 mods, and they seem good.

Some of the YouTube reviewers claim part of the profits of these sales will go toward getting vaping gear in the hands of US military members, as supposedly the owner of MilSpec is an ex-military member, but don't see this mentioned at all on the MilSpec website, something you would expect to see if true!

I looked pretty close at the minimal MilSpec website and can not find any real info about this "new" company, and where it's actually located, my instincts tell me, most likely a Chinese site.

If I find I like this mod, the MilSpec site does sell the Aspire 18350 batteries, and so far those are hard to find on any of the reliable US battery sites. They except PayPal, so again I suspect they would ship from China.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Anyone have the Mr. Q?

I have one, and the cutoff voltage it 3.7 volts, instead of the advertised 3.2...so much worse battery life than expected. just curious if it's just my mod, or all of them.

Mine cuts out at 3.6v. Worse is the TC settings are 100f off. Watts works fine. The company I bought it from said I could return it. Maybe if the real manufacturer "SMY", ever releases a firmware update, they could add user TCR input. Now a days there is no excuse for not having accurate TC presets.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Mine cuts out at 3.6v. Worse is the TC settings are 100f off. Watts works fine. The company I bought it from said I could return it. Maybe if the real manufacturer "SMY", ever releases a firmware update, they could add user TCR input. Now a days there is no excuse for not having accurate TC presets.
I've emailed SMY twice....no response hopefully a firmware update will be had soon....

Don't do temp control, so I dunno about that. lol

Reactions: Mactavish

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Stratums, pretty small at 76mm in height and uses a single 18650, I own 4 and are my favorite small mod. Also the macro S body, authentic dna 40 by vaporshark 18650. You can see the sizes compared to the istick 30 watt
4833aa3abeb3e5f935dc9f43d55cc811.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Stratums, pretty small at 76mm in height and uses a single 18650, I own 4 and are my favorite small mod. Also the macro S body, authentic dna 40 by vaporshark 18650. You can see the sizes compared to the istick 30 watt

Interesting...I just finished ordering an S-Body Macro before clicking on this thread...

[For $29.99 with FREE shipping...how could I NOT???]

Macro

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Interesting...I just finished ordering an S-Body Macro before clicking on this thread...

[For $29.99 with FREE shipping...how could I NOT???]

Macro

I know, iits an incredible deal. I bought one maybe 2 months back and paid maybe 60 bucks which I thought was ok, but now , less then 30 bucks! So I just bought 2 more....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread