Microcoil Pictorial - Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Seems the less words and the more pictures the better, huh? :)

Every think about/done any technical writing Bronze? Just the right amount of clear pictures, short, concise sentences in a logical order. You have what it takes. Lesson plans I used to make for school had to be that way.

With Papaw's collaboration about an ohm check, I'd give you guys an A. Job well done!

I'd add a firing check after putting juice on to see if it is producing vapor. This could also be part of the ohm check. ;)

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Look up some microcoil builds on You Tube too. Multi-sourcing is a good idea. Take the best aspects of each.

That might be another editorial addition you could put on after the silica pic - links to other videos and examples of other styles. Multiple examples is another good practice in instructional design.

(Once a teacher always a teacher.)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Every think about/done any technical writing Bronze? Just the right amount of clear pictures, short, concise sentences in a logical order. You have what it takes. Lesson plans I used to make for school had to be that way.

With Papaw's collaboration about an ohm check, I'd give you guys an A. Job well done!

I'd add a firing check after putting juice on to see if it is producing vapor. This could also be part of the ohm check. ;)

I wrote lots of manufacturing routings back in the day.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm not into rebuilding yet but I'm gonna subscribe to this thread so I can come back to it at a later date. I find most YouTube videos very long drawn out and just downright boring. This is really good stuff here. Thanks Bronze.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, sometimes the videos can be like pulling teeth. Good luck in your rebuilding journey. It takes vaping to another level.

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
I'm using Vision Spinners and mini pro tanks and T3's. I'm not into mods and RBAs yet.I really want to stick with what I'm using but rebuilding these things looks like it could be a royal PITA. The replacement coils are so hit and miss. They have about a 50/50 DOA ratio and it's really frustrating.

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
Just took another look. Interesting about threading cotton. As I've just switched from Silica to cotton, this part was most interesting;

"Feed wick through the microcoil and pull through. You want only light resistance as you feed it through, no bunching as you pull it through. Some say you should be able to pull the cotton through without pulling over your mod."

I had been threading too much cotton, to the point where the cotton began pulling the coil and making gaps in it, giving it a popping sound when fired. Thanks for that!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just took another look. Interesting about threading cotton. As I've just switched from Silica to cotton, this part was most interesting;

"Feed wick through the microcoil and pull through. You want only light resistance as you feed it through, no bunching as you pull it through. Some say you should be able to pull the cotton through without pulling over your mod."

I had been threading too much cotton, to the point where the cotton began pulling the coil and making gaps in it, giving it a popping sound when fired. Thanks for that!!!

Less is more when it comes to cotton wicks. They pinch so easily and you will get dry hits. The amount shown in the photograph would represent the max amount you want to use.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I'm using Vision Spinners and mini pro tanks and T3's. I'm not into mods and RBAs yet.I really want to stick with what I'm using but rebuilding these things looks like it could be a royal PITA. The replacement coils are so hit and miss. They have about a 50/50 DOA ratio and it's really frustrating.

Lee any time I see a post about rebuilding protank heads my first thought is WHY ??? I've been there , done that and it's far more of a PITA than an RBA or RDA , half the time you wind up frying the insulater just from dryburning and you either scavenge another or toss the head because it's useless after that , do yourself a favor and learn how to rebuild on a real rebuildable atty , you're gonna wind up doing it sooner or later , it's just a matter of how much money you want to waste between then and now .

Reactions: LoriP1702

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And that's the truth!:)
Lee any time I see a post about rebuilding protank heads my first thought is WHY ??? I've been there , done that and it's far more of a PITA than an RBA or RDA , half the time you wind up frying the insulater just from dryburning and you either scavenge another or toss the head because it's useless after that , do yourself a favor and learn how to rebuild on a real rebuildable atty , you're gonna wind up doing it sooner or later , it's just a matter of how much money you want to waste between then and now .

GaG8tor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Acworth, Ga. United States
I just like the form factor and portability aspect. I have no problem with just replacing the head but cant deal with the failure rate of the replacement coils. Actually saw a video earlier of a protank mini rebuild. Looks relatively simple. I know I'll get into RDA's one day but I'm gone for 14 hours a day and just like the portability aspects.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just like the form factor and portability aspect. I have no problem with just replacing the head but cant deal with the failure rate of the replacement coils. Actually saw a video earlier of a protank mini rebuild. Looks relatively simple. I know I'll get into RDA's one day but I'm gone for 14 hours a day and just like the portability aspects.

I built a Kayfun with a microcoil and silica wick. It lasted five months (aprox 400 - 500 mls of juice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread