Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Just hours ago, my brother (which has a Black Anodized LP w/h New 510 Connect) found a ton of juice underneath the Delran cover. He immediately realized the bad leakage was caused from improperly cleaning it a week ago. This led him to breaking it down again to re-clean. As he reassembled it, and repositioned the Firing Pin... he over-tightened the Nipple and snapped the Center Pin in half. He had a panic attack, and literally thought he destroyed his Reo. He asked me to call Rob – at 12:32am in the morning! I said no at first because I just knew Rob wouldn’t answer at this time of the morning. After about 10min of hearing him panic, I reluctantly called Rob – figuring I’d get an answering machine. But sure enough… to my surprise -- Rob answered!!! I immediately apologized from the bottom of my heart for being a hoople calling him late at night. I just knew he would be upset getting a late night phone call while he’s either sleeping, or feeding the Porky’s a snack before bedtime.

I then handed the phone to my brother, and he began explaining to Rob what he did wrong. You could tell the boy was in panic mode because he thought he had “destroyed” his Reo Grand. I had to motion for him to just relax. Then I seen him smile, and the stress just vanished. Rob had told him that it could be fixed in a matter of minutes, and even said he would ship a replacement part to fix it, or he could send it to the spa if he wasn’t comfortable doing it himself.

Then I heard Rob actually explaining the procedure of replacing the Center Pin. At this point, I talked to Rob again about the situation, and elaborated with more detail than my brother did. (He called the nipple a screw, which I figured would be confusing. :facepalm:)

All in all, Rob was not upset at all, and completely handled this situation with so much professionalism – that it’s off the charts of comprehension! I just couldn’t believe he answered his phone this late at night, and literally explained the steps of fixing the Reo Grand – which eased my brother’s mind.

Thank you Rob! You truly are one amazing person that is very devoted to taking care of your Reo children. We mess up our Reo’s, and you’re THERE to hold our hand – even when you should be sleeping. Now that’s devotion folks! Just out of this world of comprehension.

Learned a few things tonight. I’ll definitely have more Reo’s by the end of this year. And also, Mr. Robert O’neil is more human than the human!! He literally goes above and beyond to help his Reo Children. No company or business would ever go through the extreme that he does.

He’s truly the mod Master Jedi Squonktoligist!! But he's an even better human being. Love ya bro! Hope you finally got some sleep. :sleep:

Last edited:

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've always heard stories like this. Never talked to Mr. Rob on the phone, but honestly only maybe 2 people have. I'm not one to talk on the phone. (Typical person in his 20s right? haha). Great products can make a company do well, but the care the owner has it what makes the world of difference. He's replied to emails quick, he replies on here and is active. Not many companies are like that, but it's amazing to see someone care so much about not only his own company but it's customers as well.

I was talk to my friend's dad. He was in the Marines and vapes. From what I gathered, he's quit dipping and smoking because of vaping. He messed around with my Reo for about an hour and just loved the idea of it. I showed Mr. Russ's video of the torture test and was blown away by it. Not sure if he will order one, but he was very impressed by it.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
So how many more Reos did you and your brother order after ya talked to him??? hehehe Jup y'all definitely need more! Poor guy, did ya tell him that he's not powerful enough to destroy a REO to the point that Rob can't fix it??? lol

Rob for Emporer!
I would vote for that for sure.......but........wouldn't wanna subject our Rob to that!! Can you imagine 10 billion hooples??? All needing more than a Reo? Newp
no PT shake head no.gif

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great story and I am not surprised. I'm sure most REOnauts have come to realize how on top of things Rob is by his presence here on ECF and how chill he is - he never expresses disdain at even the most rude, out of line posts I've seen over the years.

But one thing it seems that many REOnauts don't realize is that Rob really is a friend. I mean the type of guy you can call and just talk to - about REOs, attys or life in general. He will never tell you he's gotta go, you never get a machine and you never get a line of BS.

He's not all about the $$ he is just a good guy that also happens to have revolutionized portable, simple and now bulletproof vaping.

I'm speaking as an expert here. Rob was the one person on earth outside my immediate family and doctors that I felt comfortable downloading on the huge crisis that suddenly appeared in my life in mid 2013. (I told ya'll about it when I got to destin) He didn't judge he just listened. Since then I've talked to Rob prolly more than I should. But a friend like him is hard to come by, so I've cherished that.

I have about 6 friends in this world. Unfortunately they are all in other states. Rob is the closest thing I have to a best friend.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Rob that slippery sneaky person he should be punished . Just doing my job folks :) panicking juice junkies got to love them
LOl. Rob is an awesome dude that is in it to help us. Now that Johnny guy you got there may be a lil sketchy - I'd keep an eye on that boy :)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Rob for Emporer!
:thumbs:

If someone called me at midnight I wouldn't answer and if I did you wouldn't wanna be the person on the other end of the line... ;)

Rob is amazing, can't even believe this story! How awesome!
Yeap. I'm the same way when it comes to sleepy time, which is why I immediately began apologizing for being a midnight hooople. :rolleyes:

So how many more Reos did you and your brother order after ya talked to him??? hehehe Jup y'all definitely need more! Poor guy, did ya tell him that he's not powerful enough to destroy a REO to the point that Rob can't fix it??? lol
He seen Super's video on trying to destroy a Reo, and said..."Russ can throw, beat, and slam his into concrete & metal fire pits, and it work just fine. I over tighten the nipple, and break it off. Go figure!" He definitely has plans of getting another one for backup.

Answerin the phone after midnight is way above and beyond doin yur job!
...way above and beyond!

Great story and I am not surprised. I'm sure most REOnauts have come to realize how on top of things Rob is by his presence here on ECF and how chill he is - he never expresses disdain at even the most rude, out of line posts I've seen over the years.

But one thing it seems that many REOnauts don't realize is that Rob really is a friend. I mean the type of guy you can call and just talk to - about REOs, attys or life in general. He will never tell you he's gotta go, you never get a machine and you never get a line of BS.

He's not all about the $$ he is just a good guy that also happens to have revolutionized portable, simple and now bulletproof vaping.

I'm speaking as an expert here. Rob was the one person on earth outside my immediate family and doctors that I felt comfortable downloading on the huge crisis that suddenly appeared in my life in mid 2013. (I told ya'll about it when I got to destin) He didn't judge he just listened. Since then I've talked to Rob prolly more than I should. But a friend like him is hard to come by, so I've cherished that.

I have about 6 friends in this world. Unfortunately they are all in other states. Rob is the closest thing I have to a best friend.
Yep. He has a uncanny ability to befriend anyone, and will talk about anything. The very first time I called him, we talked 45min about vaping. Other personal stuff came up as well, and he showed more concern than the average person. I knew right then that Rob was a special kind of person you don't often get to meet. Knew right then that I would be turning my vaping life over to a Reo Grand. My order was placed within the hour.

Rob that slippery sneaky person he should be punished . Just doing my job folks :) panicking juice junkies got to love them
Thank you again for what you do.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thank your parents for us Rob! You turned out alright! :)

Wish I had a life like that were i had such an impact on peoples lives.. truly would die with a smile on my face.

Btw.. those woodvils are thining on the site! Hope there all shipped by the start of your trip!

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Just hours ago, my brother (which has a Black Anodized LP w/h New 510 Connect) found a ton of juice underneath the Delran cover. He immediately realized the bad leakage was caused from improperly cleaning it a week ago. This led him to breaking it down again to re-clean. As he reassembled it, and repositioned the Firing Pin... he over-tightened the Nipple and snapped the Center Pin in half. He had a panic attack, and literally thought he destroyed his Reo. He asked me to call Rob – at 12:32am in the morning! I said no at first because I just knew Rob wouldn’t answer at this time of the morning. After about 10min of hearing him panic, I reluctantly called Rob – figuring I’d get an answering machine. But sure enough… to my surprise -- Rob answered!!! I immediately apologized from the bottom of my heart for being a hoople calling him late at night. I just knew he would be upset getting a late night phone call while he’s either sleeping, or feeding the Porky’s a snack before bedtime.

I then handed the phone to my brother, and he began explaining to Rob what he did wrong. You could tell the boy was in panic mode because he thought he had “destroyed” his Reo Grand. I had to motion for him to just relax. Then I seen him smile, and the stress just vanished. Rob had told him that it could be fixed in a matter of minutes, and even said he would ship a replacement part to fix it, or he could send it to the spa if he wasn’t comfortable doing it himself.

Then I heard Rob actually explaining the procedure of replacing the Center Pin. At this point, I talked to Rob again about the situation, and elaborated with more detail than my brother did. (He called the nipple a screw, which I figured would be confusing. :facepalm:)

All in all, Rob was not upset at all, and completely handled this situation with so much professionalism – that it’s off the charts of comprehension! I just couldn’t believe he answered his phone this late at night, and literally explained the steps of fixing the Reo Grand – which eased my brother’s mind.

Thank you Rob! You truly are one amazing person that is very devoted to taking care of your Reo children. We mess up our Reo’s, and you’re THERE to hold our hand – even when you should be sleeping. Now that’s devotion folks! Just out of this world of comprehension.

Learned a few things tonight. I’ll definitely have more Reo’s by the end of this year. And also, Mr. Robert O’neil is more human than the human!! He literally goes above and beyond to help his Reo Children. No company or business would ever go through the extreme that he does.

He’s truly the Mod Master Jedi Squonktoligist!! But he's an even better human being. Love ya bro! Hope you finally got some sleep. :sleep:

Agree! We need a national Rob O'Neil day! Off work with pay of course :)

Tracey

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Agree! We need a national Rob O'Neil day! Off work with pay of course :)

Tracey

Could make that the yearly national launch of the reoville sale! Thst way people can haven't he time to buy the new reovilles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread