• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mike Huckabee Volunteers To Go To Jail For Kim Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Believe it or not I agree with that as well.

Ive made some people angry by saying this but I dont believe in gay marriages.

Im all for gay unions however.

If gays had been content with a civil union instead of impinging on the sanctity of marriage then I think the road would have been a lot smoother for them....and for the rest of us.

Its called compromise.

They dont seem to be willing to do that and I think thats going to end up hurting them more than helping them in the long run.

I agree with you there as well. But from what I've heard from a couple gay employees I've had before, the civil unions that had been proposed were not equal to marital rights. There were issues that made them less than spouses when it came to major decisions later in life. Nursing home rights and stuff like that. Hospital visitation rights where they would be treated as friends rather than family. Both sides have radicals that caused problems with equal but seperate treatment. I may be wrong, I spent a few years racing superbike and GP since then and have had a couple concussions so my memory may not be the best.

Reactions: zapped

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I could do that with a clear conscience.

Course it goes without saying that they could have just went to another bakery to start with.

I mean c'mon how hard can it be to find a gay baker and support the gay community at the same time?

I know plenty of Christians who will not patronize non-Christian businesses.

It might be hard in a small community. I wouldn't know though, I've never had to look.

I couldn't bring myself to use religion to choose the business's that I would use. If fact, I would probably avoid one where a I had to listen to a sermon every time I walked in. When I was a smoker and went in gas stations more often, I chose places where people were friendly, it was clean inside and I didn't feel like I was interrupting someone's private time.

Reactions: zapped

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    So you are saying that they have to be Christian? They aren't allowed other beliefs?
    This is nonsense no one on this forum has ever said anything like that now you just being disruptive and that kind of talk is not welcome here from anyone.

Marriage has been corrupted by the government and has become a tax break more than anything to many. There is a reason I think the government should refer to it as a partnership and leave marriage to the Church. Let them have the same tax breaks given to opposite sex couples as a partnership, but leave marriage in the Church without any government interference. Kim Davis isn't any form of Clergy that can marry anyone in the eyes of the Lord, just a pencil pusher for the government. Not being ordained in any way, she had nothing to do with a religious marriage and shouldn't have had a problem with what she was supposed to do.

If a man and a woman go into a Church and get married in the eyes of The Lord, but never do any government paperwork, are they married or not? If that same couple did the opposite and got married by the government but not in a Church, are they married? It is two seperate entities that need to remain seperate.
    For sure they ARE MARREID in the sight of the God AS LONG as it is performed under the authority of God. Personal note remove God out of it and God removes His/Her authority from performing the marriage it becomes void.

The paperwork is for the Government free stuff and handouts - you do realize that when a person goes to the government for a marriage license they're paying for the permission to marry which is very dumb when it's a free right given by God.

Davis is much more than pencil pusher obviously you don't know the power she welds as county clerk and elected official of the county, it should be clear seeing she is welding part of that power for some time now. It took a judge to issue the licenses and they're questionable as being legal, that's power under her control and remember she on her own stopped issuing all marriage license. You don't see that as power given to her by the state of KY and the people of such state.

I know the history of marriage the Catholic church was one of the first who organized it in the modern way it is today as a means to control the people and then Government found a use for it also for the same reason it wasn't until the early 1900's when the idea really shined in the USA and people were controlled, it was used to prevent marriage between races and certain other groups, deny people service and know where the people are located. All three of these practice are still in place today.

Government uses the service of the Church the church really has no need for Government to be involved in marriage. All church's I know issue they own marriage certificate and state issues another.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Jesus is a common denominator throughout the entire Bible.....starting with Genesis.... "Let Us make man in Our own Image." Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, was talking to Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 53 is completely about the Jesus on the Cross. Even though I lean mainly to the New Testament, I can see Jesus throughout the Old.

That's nice. I am honestly happy for you. But this is interpretation. I am very okay with such an allowance and is why I made the comment I did, regarding being open to progressive revelation and then realizing there is far more that one can quote from if one is open to where God's Word is actually found. In essence, to believe NT continues from OT and that Paul's writings continue from Gospels you are already very clearly believing in progressive revelation. Just that, ya know, you might be closing your own mind to idea that these are the only places where God can / does speak to humanity.

Jman8

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    To stay squarely on the topic, and to follow up with my previous posts, I am trying to understand from CHRISTIAN perspective the denial of marriage. My previous quote from 1 Corinthians explains why I think it is important for a Christian to favor / be okay with allowing, or even encouraging, same-sex unions, along with heterosexual marriages. While holding perhaps a higher standard around idea of "do not marry." Instead, this notion that any Christian thinks one form of marriage is inherently better / more righteous than another is what I find troubling given NT understandings / teachings.

To assume a same-sex marriage will result in homosexual acts (as discussed in any part of bible, old or new) is an assumption. Perhaps a fair one, but is where judgment could be askew. IOW, it is plausible that same sex marriages would not be doing anything that is sexual, and therefore where is the bible speaking to that? In 1 Corinthians it is giving allowance to idea that it is better to be in committed relationship with one life long partner than to burn with passion (aka be promiscuous).

I do think KD ought to be given accommodations for her beliefs, though the belief of one-man and one-woman is one I question as being strictly biblical. Imagine if a Christian adhered to "do not marry" as guiding principle and was in position KD is in, then what? Would it be okay to then not grant any marriage licenses based on adherence to Christian belief? If I can get on board with what KD is suggesting, I could get on board with disallowing any, based on Christian interpretation of that passage. And yet, I would think people (of faith) would wish to dispute that interpretation, via reason.

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    • Deleted by Saintscruiser
    • Reason: disruptive behavior

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    The marriage and God part you can take to the bank the rest is a matter of history.
    I agree about that. In my eyes, Kim Davis's part in marriage has nothing to do with the religious aspect, only the government contract part. Therefore it shouldn't have interfered with her religious beliefs in the least.

I was standing by my pencil pusher comment as she has no authority from God, just the government.

SomeTexan

Moved On
    Jun 1, 2015
    • Deleted by Saintscruiser
    • Reason: inappropriate site posted asking about Biblical marriage between zombies.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread