Mike Tyson v. Bruce Lee - who would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] reading back I suddenly and unexpectedly realize what a fangirl I am for Bruce Lee.
:facepalm:

Haha, that's OK. It made me realize why Bruce Lee would win, even if he's not a zombie. It's because Lee has become a legend. Mike is just a measly human (and some would argue that he's become a villain). No human, especially a human villain, can beat a legendary hero. No contest. :)

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Haha, that's OK. It made me realize why Bruce Lee would win, even if he's not a zombie. It's because Lee has become a legend. Mike is just a measly human (and some would argue that he's become a villain). No human, especially a human villain, can beat a legendary hero. No contest. :)

True dat.
:lol:

I mean, Tyson doesn't even have a mythology. Just that thing where he bit off a dude's ear. Cripes, he's not even dead yet!
:lol:

Caddyman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Delaware USA
chaseweb.biz
Bruce absolutely. Yes he was in a lot of movies, and there were some special effects in those movies, but if you really studied Lee, watched some documentaries, you would know he was the real deal.

can't see youtube here at work, has anyone even mentioned the 1 inch punch? that is not fake, it is very real, now imagine how much force Lee would generate with a full windup like tyson is used to throwing....

really it would be no contest in my opinion.

edit: pretty sure this is a video about the 1 inch punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx9iPFMriz0

read some of the stuff cited here about his demonstrations and fighting history....tyson just wouldn't stack up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee

Last edited:

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
People, it's a professional actor/stuntman vs a professional boxer. Gee, that sure is hard isn't it.

First of all, calling Lee a professional actor is hilarious, because he SUCKED at acting and was a fighter long before he ever acted. Also, Lee fought in both formal/professional settings AND he also took part in informal street fights before he got famous.

Second of all, since you didn't specify the type of fight in the OP, a full on REAL fight is assumed. LEE was the professional FIGHTER, Tyson was just a professional boxer. In almost anything but boxing, or maybe sumo wrestling, Tyson wouldn't stand a chance, and I doubt that even Tyson thinks he would.

And I'm actually a fan of boxing (and most other martial arts) but it is what it is - and that's a VERY limited form of fighting, where you can only use your large-gloved fists to punch limited parts of your opponent's head and body. There's nothing wrong with that, it can often be more entertaining than most other forms of fighting, but it is not "real" fighting and boxers are generally not very well rounded fighters, nor do they train nearly as hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8rR36qasjE

Last edited:

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Bruce - no doubt!

The History Channel doesn't have a documentary named "How Mike Tyson Changed The World", now do they? Nooo!!! But, they do have one named "How Bruce Lee Changed The World". Besides, nobody ever beat up Kato, now did they?

Mike Tyson? :blink: Oh, yea :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Holy irrefutable evidence batman! LOL

And zombie bruce lee? I mean god help us all if it's the 28 days later super fast rage infected zombie bruce lee. I bet Lori is out on a date with him as we speak!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Or, possibly even worse, the "I Am Legend" semi-zombie. Bruce Lee with even more speed, invulnerability, and anger. I'm not even sure we would be able to see him move without high-speed photography.

ialzombies1.jpg

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Bruce Lee hasn't been in professional fights. He was just beating nobodies. Big deal. Tyson is 2 times heavier and stronger than Bruce. Speed means nothing when you can't do any damage. Tyson has hardened himself to taking massive amounts of damage. Bruce will not be able to run from him forever. It's one hit and Bruce is dead. Why? Because he got hit in the head during filming of Enter the Dragon and got brain membrane inflammation fro that. And died from allergic reaction to pills that should have removed it. He couldn't even take a fake blow, how could he take on Tyson?

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Bruce Lee hasn't been in professional fights. He was just beating nobodies. Big deal. Tyson is 2 times heavier and stronger than Bruce. Speed means nothing when you can't do any damage. Tyson has hardened himself to taking massive amounts of damage. Bruce will not be able to run from him forever. It's one hit and Bruce is dead. Why? Because he got hit in the head during filming of Enter the Dragon and got brain membrane inflammation fro that. And died from allergic reaction to pills that should have removed it. He couldn't even take a fake blow, how could he take on Tyson?

Your belief is just so faulty, you must've heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

Bruce Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
Bruce Lee hasn't been in professional fights. He was just beating nobodies.

Excuse me? he started fighting as a kid. He was in real, and professional fights his whole life.

Speed means nothing when you can't do any damage. Tyson has hardened himself to taking massive amounts of damage.

Tyson has hardened himself to take lots of boxing glove blows to his main body mass. Not the same thing. Poke his eyes so he can't see, he's finished. Break his leg so he can't stand, he's finished. Heck, crack him in the nose the wrong way and it's over.

Bruce will not be able to run from him forever. It's one hit and Bruce is dead.

Good luck on Tyson getting one punch to connect. It probably wouldn't happen. Tyson is a boxer. Lee had many types of physical skills in his arsenal. He was more slippery than I think you realize.

Because he got hit in the head during filming of Enter the Dragon and got brain membrane inflammation fro that. And died from allergic reaction to pills that should have removed it. He couldn't even take a fake blow, how could he take on Tyson?

That's not quite an accurate take on what happened. The pills he was given for a headache (Equagesic) weren't meant to relieve the brain swelling he died from, they were meant to relieve his headache.

The jury is still out on exactly what caused his death. It was sudden, and unexpected. Some still say that some shadowy figure put some sort of "Five-Finger-Palm-Exploding-Head technique move on him as retribution for teaching martial arts to round-eyes. (I personally don't believe that). I think the official ruling was most acurate: death by misadventure.

He could take real blows as well as fake ones - he sure didn't die from a movie stunt (like his son did).

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Tyson has hardened himself to take lots of boxing glove blows to his main body mass. Not the same thing. Poke his eyes so he can't see, he's finished. Break his leg so he can't stand, he's finished. Heck, crack him in the nose the wrong way and it's over.
Implying Tyson can't do the same. If Bruce Lee can play without rules, so can Tyson. He will probably just grab Lee and squeeze him to death.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Implying Tyson can't do the same. If Bruce Lee can play without rules, so can Tyson. He will probably just grab Lee and squeeze him to death.

Ah, cleverly side-stepping the main thrust of the argument to cover your mis-step... you're evasive Aikido-style debate tactics are no match for my DRAGON CLAW OF OBSTINACY, evil Koman-san! Hai-ya!

k1183612.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread