Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
You just don't want smaller than 24ga, so 22ga is aok. You could actually use 22ga for all the wiring and it would be aok as Evolv's recommended min size for input is 22ga. But I do prefer 20ga for input and output wiring, and 22ga or 24ga for all the remaining wiring.

Radio Shack carries both 20ga and 22ga in both solid and stranded.

nckid4u

Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the tutorial. I finished mine today. I made a couple alterations to the design, but they are cosmetic. I ported the USB charger to the back of the box and used the supplied top, not the plexi. imag2e.jpg image.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Zyn11

Oct 22, 2013
Petaling Jaya

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Mamu....Do you freehand with the dremel?

I recently (finally) got a regular dremel and dremel workstation, and it is awesome!!! I still love my dremel stylus for free hand stuff, but with the work station I can get a lot!!! cleaner and accurate cuts.

I'm thinking about setting up a fence and using it to router out some polycarb for the screen, so that the polycarb would install from the rear with a flange for glue and the face would set flush with the enclosure.

Bap, did you ever figure out a good fence for this thing? I have one and love it, and a fence would be awesome.

How did you cut the acrylite cover to shape for the screen? I know acrylic can crack easily and don't wanna mess it up. Also the piece I ordered that you provided the link to has a gray backing that does not allow any light through, how did you go about removing this? I was thinking to cut it either a bandsaw with a very fine tooth blade or use a laser cutter, but that would require me to write some CNC code and would be a lot more effort. Thanks for any help

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
To be in compliance with ECF's policy on modding and the practice of modding, I will no longer share my modding knowledge, or share modding tutorials here at ECF.

You all know where you can find me.
Mamu

FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY BE DANGEROUS AND IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Modders Advice and Tutorials: Hazards, Warnings, and Rules for Posting
Some members post advice and tutorials on making custom variations of ecigarettes, otherwise known as 'modding', to create 'mods'. Please be advised that these Members do so at their own risk, and following their instructions is also at your own risk.

If not done properly, modding can be dangerous and cause injury should these devices short circuit and explode. For example, only double-protected rechargeable batteries must be used.

ECF does not approve or condone the use of mods or the practice of modding or the following of instructions here by any person. ECF is not advocating the use of instructions posted by any Member. Anyone that chooses to follow any information or instructions contained in Member posts does so at their own risk. ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that it deems to be dangerous but cannot guarantee or confirm in any way that we have removed all (or any) such posts.

Guidelines for Tutorials
Tutorials must advocate safety and should employ the use of protected batteries, switches correctly rated for the expected DC current, lead free solider, properly-gauged wiring, and non-excessive amperages.ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that do not adhere to these rules.

Caution
If you decide to try any Modding, either seen here or devised by yourself, consider carefully if you have the technical skill, and the risks involved. You are strongly advised to take all precautionary measures and be prepared for possible battery shorts or any other issues. You should consider wearing protective equipment such as eyeshields.

Disclaimer
Any information contained in this Forum is acted on at the user's own risk.ECF cannot be held responsible for individuals causing injury or even death to themselves or others by following information in this Forum.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
To be in compliance with ECF's policy on modding and the practice of modding, I will no longer share my modding knowledge, or share modding tutorials here at ECF.

You all know where you can find me.
Mamu

I regret to hear that, you have been a wealth of knowledge Mamu! Specifically what part of the above Policy are you concerned with? As far I can tell you have been in compliance.
  • Lipos are "protected" batteries when used in conjunction with a DNA, fuses, etc
  • What defines "excessive" current?
  • Switch rating is non-issue with a DNA
I guess I just dont see where your guides have violated anything????

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any more new modding policies? Like you cant talk about making wicks from ceramic tile stone or organic hemp fiber?

again Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Thread closed as per OP request

The disclaimer has been in place for several years - there is no "new" policy

Every member or guest accessing this forum for the first time see the disclaimer and have the choice to close the notice.
Once they close the notice - it is no longer accessible for view.

FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY BE DANGEROUS AND IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Modders Advice and Tutorials: Hazards, Warnings, and Rules for Posting
Some members post advice and tutorials on making custom variations of ecigarettes, otherwise known as 'modding', to create 'mods'. Please be advised that these Members do so at their own risk, and following their instructions is also at your own risk.

If not done properly, modding can be dangerous and cause injury should these devices short circuit and explode. For example, only double-protected rechargeable batteries must be used.

ECF does not approve or condone the use of mods or the practice of modding or the following of instructions here by any person. ECF is not advocating the use of instructions posted by any Member. Anyone that chooses to follow any information or instructions contained in Member posts does so at their own risk. ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that it deems to be dangerous but cannot guarantee or confirm in any way that we have removed all (or any) such posts.

Guidelines for Tutorials
Tutorials must advocate safety and should employ the use of protected batteries, switches correctly rated for the expected DC current, lead free solider, properly-gauged wiring, and non-excessive amperages.ECF reserves the right to remove any posts that do not adhere to these rules.

Caution
If you decide to try any Modding, either seen here or devised by yourself, consider carefully if you have the technical skill, and the risks involved. You are strongly advised to take all precautionary measures and be prepared for possible battery shorts or any other issues. You should consider wearing protective equipment such as eyeshields.

Disclaimer
Any information contained in this Forum is acted on at the user's own risk.ECF cannot be held responsible for individuals causing injury or even death to themselves or others by following information in this Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread