Mini nautilus problems-tank or coils??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Applebee

Apr 22, 2012
Widnes
I purchased my mini nautilus about 6 weeks ago. The first coil I used was an absolute dream, lasted about two weeks with no problems and could have kept using it longer tbh but the flavour had dropped off a little bit. The second coil lasted just as well. This week I have gone through two 1.6 coils since Monday that started burning after a couple of hours. I then purchased one 1.8 coil from a shop near where I was working and that lasted not even a day. I've returned home from working away today and put one of new 1.6 coils in and I am just not getting a proper vape from it and it's starting to taste burnt.

I cleaned the tank thourooughly last night and left it drying over night and all day today thinking maybe it was something to do with the tank being a bit grubby. I have been using the same 50/50 homemade juice in it since I bought it.

I have been letting the juice soak for ages each time I've used a new coil and have been taking unpowered primer tokes.

Any ideas, it's doing my head in because I haven't had an enjoyable vape all week and had to resort to buying a disposable while I was away which was useless. Lol

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I love my Nautilus and Mini, 12w is a little high for my needs, but it's not excessive at all.

Have you checked the authenticity of the coils you bought? There should be a little scratch-off spot on the back of the box.

I know Aspire can be VERY hit-or-miss with coils. I almost gave my Atlantis away because I was drinking the juice more than vaping it. It turned out to be an entire bad pack of coils... All 5 of them. I then bought another pack at a local shop I trust, and I've been using the same coil for over a week with NO issues.

Mr Applebee

Apr 22, 2012
Widnes
I love my Nautilus and Mini, 12w is a little high for my needs, but it's not excessive at all.

Have you checked the authenticity of the coils you bought? There should be a little scratch-off spot on the back of the box.

I know Aspire can be VERY hit-or-miss with coils. I almost gave my Atlantis away because I was drinking the juice more than vaping it. It turned out to be an entire bad pack of coils... All 5 of them. I then bought another pack at a local shop I trust, and I've been using the same coil for over a week with NO issues.

Thanks for replying. The authenticity codes checked out fine and I did think maybe I had just a bad batch but it makes me think otherwise with the one I bought from the vape store being just as bad. Is there anything with the actual non-mechanical parts of the tank that could cause this?

Thanks

Reactions: Liskrig

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I'm not familiar with the mod you're using, I know of voltage drop, but it could be spiking on the initial fire? I'm really not sure... There isn't much to the Nautilus that can cause that effect other than the coil, I'd say make sure its tight in the base, and has a good grip on your mod.

If you can, grab another coil from a different shop, and see if that helps. The Nautilus Mini is actually the ONLY tank I have used that never gave me a burnt/dry hit no matter how hard I hit it.

Do you happen to have a link to the Juice you're using?

Mr Applebee

Apr 22, 2012
Widnes
I'm not familiar with the mod you're using, I know of voltage drop, but it could be spiking on the initial fire? I'm really not sure... There isn't much to the Nautilus that can cause that effect other than the coil, I'd say make sure its tight in the base, and has a good grip on your mod.

If you can, grab another coil from a different shop, and see if that helps. The Nautilus Mini is actually the ONLY tank I have used that never gave me a burnt/dry hit no matter how hard I hit it.

Do you happen to have a link to the Juice you're using?

The juice I'm using is my own diy. It's 18mg 50/50 with 6% hangsen essence. Nothing fancy. It's the same stuff I used with the first two coils which worked perfectly. I bought more coils this morning and have had no joy.

Tried another tank, the aspire ets on my battery and it's working a dream.

obiejrkmkmob

Apr 26, 2015
I too have had recent dry tasting/burnt hits from the new coil I got for my mini. I noticed it had smaller wick holes than the ones I had before(which lasted me forever). I also have an et-s as my back up and do like it a lot if it weren't for the super tight draw(I am a str8 lung vaper) I thought same as u that it wasn't wicking fully so I let it soak for a while and doesn't seem to b any better. Someone help us poor mini nauti users!!!

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
Mine works fine with 50/50, but I get dry hits with 70/30 VG/PG.

You are correct. The only thing it can be is the coil head. Can you try another one? Sometimes you get one that is wicked too tight and it just won't wick enough juice to keep the coil wet. When you have machinery that is doing the wicking, quite a few might get packed up and shipped before you know there is a problem.

Mr Applebee

Apr 22, 2012
Widnes
Mine works fine with 50/50, but I get dry hits with 70/30 VG/PG.

You are correct. The only thing it can be is the coil head. Can you try another one? Sometimes you get one that is wicked too tight and it just won't wick enough juice to keep the coil wet. When you have machinery that is doing the wicking, quite a few might get packed up and shipped before you know there is a problem.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried about 10 coils since I started this thread. From three different batches. Scratching my head here. Lol. BrilliAnt tank when it's working but thinking of just sticking to the ets. Emailed aspire twice and have had no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread