Mini Pipe....holy mackerel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2008
Greece
OK....lets take a pause here ....maybe i am jealous that some of you got the "pipe" and i did not :mad:....or maby the "lady pipe" is not as big of an item as i (we) originaly thought:oops:.
The reason i wanted it "bad" in the begining , it was mostly about the bigger battery (i thought) ...as it turns out the highest mah of that size battery we can find is 300mah ( that is only 20 mah higher than the penstyle ) every thing else is practicly the same with the penstyle (cartridge content , atomizer)...but the price is double than a penstyle .....
Maybe i am just crying "sour grapes" or maybe the lady pipe is not as big of a deal as we originaly thought........imho

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
surely this is what the lady pipe should sell to the public at.. not some chinese wholesale price..

De Partysmoker koopt u bij: Handelsonderneming Nimaco

and i aint knocking the product either i think its a good one.. but it is just a classic atomizer powered by a slightly bigger battery.. the shape probably is also better.. not so long..

but if those heads are not available as spares it kinda flies in the same league at the much raved about loong totem idea.. not practical for long term use cos some of the spare parts are too expensive..

it does all come down to how long those heeds last.. and if they become available as spare parts.. if they dont a dead switch means another 75 euros for a complete new pipe..

which still leave the generic classic penstyle sat out in front as the best overall device between the two.. generic classic batteries and switches come cheap..

trog

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The battery was my initial selling point but actually, I love the feel of the pipe...and the look...it's just so dang cute!

When I'm using it, sometimes I wrap my fingers around the head...sometimes I tap on it. It's small enough to hold out of the side of my mouth (just like a pipe!) For me, this thing has "character" my pen doesn't have. I have loved my pens....but I feel the pipe will be just as good, with these added benefits.

Lu

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
And i agree with Lu about the size and the way it feels on the hand etc...
But still ....duble the price just for aesthetic advantages....
I am looking at it from the"value for money" point of view...the penstyle battery might cost a couple $ more but with every battery you buy you get a brand new flow switch.

Well, why does anyone buy anything that might be more expensive? Why the KB? The Sedansa? Different devices bring different things to different people. Just like I prefer the manual switch to the auto. Do they cost more? Generally, yes....but there's just something about that switch I prefer. Does it do the same job as the auto? In the end, yes. Just a personal preference, I guess.

Hope that answers your question.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread