Mini-pipe, Second Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
asidrave....I think you have the original minipipe...that I got. My theory is they changed the switch of the atomizer on newer ones slightly so that you get a better draw and other atomizers (801 or rn4072) fit better on it. The second switch I ordered...you can't possibly loosen the atomizer since it will loose contact...and not work. The first one you could control the draw by how tight or loose you made the atomizer fit....like epipeman was suggesting. Were did you get your pipe? Also on the earlier ones the cap just keeps popping off...not on the second one I got....very securely stays. I suggest you use pliers and pull the spring up a little and the tweek the brass contacts...that hold the cap down.

As far as the mini pipe atomizers running hot....I think the general consensus is that the minipipe runs pretty cold....so that is weird....for me the bestecig atomizers run so hot that they literally burn the taste out of the liquid...like Ted was saying. Everything taste very bland and/or burnt.

As far as why I asked regarding the bestecig and the type of liquid you use....It seems to me people who don't use tobacco liquids like their bestecig atomizers on the minipipe....I don't know why that is...something I have noticed. Once you have broken your minipipe atomizer in.... I think you'll like them more than bestecig atomizers. They make everything taste better. Keep us posted on how your atomizers perform.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I hate that taste you are talking about and also get it with the 801 which i think burns too hot, the rn4072 tastes/vapes alot better.

Ted...who sells the rn4072 atomizers for a good price? Do they last long....I remember you and sun mentioning that they don't last long at all. Are the penstyle atomizers that David yang sell 801s or Rn4072s. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have been using some VaporGuys penstyle atomizers on my pipe and they run awesome for a day and then the performance drops of a cliff! What is going on with this pipe? I use the same atomizers with a penstyle battery and don't have this problem.

I actually ordered another pipe kit which was probably silly, but when I ordered it the first atomizer was still going strong. I thought this was my device for the long run so I wanted a back up incase I lost the bowl cap or the switch died. Ohh well, nonetheless it is almost worth the price for the great vape you experience at first!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
VapeallDay....that is what I and everyone is wondering...what is going on with the minipipe? However, you added something new...other atomisers are failing on it as well. I bought some bestecig atomizers which people like on their penstyles but it seems to me that it is running super hot and just giving horrible burnt taste. It is still running strong...but the taste makes it unusable for me. What I don't understand is if you go to the modders forum they are making 6volt devices....that are working just fine. How come a 3.7v minipipe is killing atomizers or making them run super hot?

I agree that once the damn thing runs properly it gives the most satysfying vape....better than my golden standard....cigarettes

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I forgot to add...If anyone is willing to sacrifice one of their spare or dying minipipe atomizers....I am fairly certain that they will work with 801 batteries....if you cut notches on the band for airflow. I am wondering if you can get the same awesome vape with these atomizers on 801 batteries. That would be great if they actually work on 801 batteries....maybe even extend their life. Unfortunately I don't have any 801 batteries.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
All we really need is to find a cleaner that will 'really' dissolve the black gunk that builds up in these atomizers but unfortunately I have finally run out of ideas now....I have had little lumps of it soaking for days in just about every kind of chemical I can lay my hands on...and those lumps just sit there in it totally unaffected.:(:confused::(:confused:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
All we really need is to find a cleaner that will 'really' dissolve the black gunk that builds up in these atomizers but unfortunately I have finally run out of ideas now....I have had little lumps of it soaking for days in just about every kind of chemical I can lay my hands on...and those lumps just sit there in it totally unaffected.:(:confused::(:confused:

Sorry that you've had no luck with this, Pete - but thanks for trying!

My white mini-pipe atomisers seems to be doing much better than the black ones, which is probably just coincidence. I have been swapping out batteries when they are half-used for new ones in case it is the "fade" effect that is causing the problem by vaping the liquid inefficiently. I am also draining the atomisers overnight and using neat e-liquids. So far so good.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Sorry that you've had no luck with this, Pete - but thanks for trying!

My white mini-pipe atomisers seems to be doing much better than the black ones, which is probably just coincidence. I have been swapping out batteries when they are half-used for new ones in case it is the "fade" effect that is causing the problem by vaping the liquid inefficiently. I am also draining the atomisers overnight and using neat e-liquids. So far so good.

Hey pipeman great minds think alike..lol..I am also changing my batteries long before they start flashing, just to eliminate lack of power from the equation..it does help ....I haven't found that using only neat janty liquid has made any difference though......That black gunk is facinating, I think they could use it to make chemical warfare protection suits!!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Pete and epipeman....You guys are probably right the minipipe atomizers are probably the culprit but there is good chance that in fact the switch of the pipe is the culprit? Vapeallday mentioned that his 801 atomizers are being killed rather quickly when he uses it on the pipe. I and others have mentioned that when we use the bestecig atomizers with the minipipe....you get the bad taste of overheating atomizers. That is not because bestecig atomizers are bad. I have been told they work well rather well on 801 batteries.

The only way we can totally be sure that in fact minipipe atomizers are the true culprit is if some one is willing to cut notches on the band of a minipipe atomizer and see if it works the same way on the 801 batteries....meaning they just die off just as fast. If they work well with 801s batteries then the pipe batteries are the cause of all this.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
candygirl...thanks for the suggestion....that is a good one. The only problem is that for some of us these atomizers are dieing/taking a nose dive every other day. It would be a great hassle to clean these atomizers every night of the week.

I think there is an underlying problem with these atomizers or the design of the pipe battery/switch. If I were a betting man...I would bet the battery/switch is the problem. (see posts above)

Again thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely make use of it once one of my 401s ats dies....they are still going strong after two months.

ShapeShifter

Mar 4, 2009
Atlanta area
Might be better with this one since it'll work with your screwdriver batteries too:
DealExtreme: $5.16 Digital CR123A Battery AC Charger
And might as well order some of these while you're at it:
DealExtreme: $6.92 SpiderFire LC-16340 3.6V 880mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (4-Pack)

Not wishing to get dragged into the whole Parked argument, but it was the comment about the battery life (being ~equal to the SD) that made me very doubtful about that whole review. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Hey folks - I just got my Lady pipe and am LOVING it. I am a little concerned about loving something that may be problematic (atomizer issues) but hey what fun is life without at least trying haha.

Anyway, I was reading thru all of the lady pipe threads I could find and was curious about buying batteries/charger other than those from David Yang or those specific to the pipe (aka from a non ecig place). I saw the links above but was not sure if Kitabz was talking about the bats from the link working on the pipe or the screwdriver.

Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
candygirl...thanks for the suggestion....that is a good one. The only problem is that for some of us these atomizers are dieing/taking a nose dive every other day. It would be a great hassle to clean these atomizers every night of the week.

I think there is an underlying problem with these atomizers or the design of the pipe battery/switch. If I were a betting man...I would bet the battery/switch is the problem. (see posts above)

Again thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely make use of it once one of my 401s ats dies....they are still going strong after two months.

Hey edo ....the mini pipe atomizers don't last long on my mod either and that has a button ...so it must be the actual atomizers that aren't very good.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Hey edo ....the mini pipe atomizers don't last long on my mod either and that has a button ...so it must be the actual atomizers that aren't very good.

Thanks for letting me know. I was sure it was because of the battery/switch problem because some people were saying that their RN ats were dying off on the pipe real fast. But it seems like lately the RN ats are dying off on the pen batteries as well....I wonder if it is the same manufacturer? Meaning does the same manufacturer make the RN4072 and the pipe atomizers? Anyway my pipe atomizer last me about a day of good vaping and by day two they are at 50%....they don;t make it to day three.lol I have one more ato left and that will be the end to my mini pipe exeperience.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Thanks for letting me know. I was sure it was because of the battery/switch problem because some people were saying that their RN ats were dying off on the pipe real fast. But it seems like lately the RN ats are dying off on the pen batteries as well....I wonder if it is the same manufacturer? Meaning does the same manufacturer make the RN4072 and the pipe atomizers? Anyway my pipe atomizer last me about a day of good vaping and by day two they are at 50%....they don;t make it to day three.lol I have one more ato left and that will be the end to my mini pipe exeperience.

Yes......I bet one factory is making all these atomizers and they are doing something different with them. I am finding the atomizers are working about the same for me. The one good day is brilliant and as good as vaping can get though....lol.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Yes......I bet one factory is making all these atomizers and they are doing something different with them. I am finding the atomizers are working about the same for me. The one good day is brilliant and as good as vaping can get though....lol.

It's a shame...I love this mini pipe (best vape possible for a day or two) but the atomizers die too fast. I have bestecig atomizers that work on it for a good couple of weeks before showing any sign of fading. But for some reason all the tobacco flavored liquids taste like ... with it. And to me it seems like your pushing air...no throat hit or filling up of the lungs. I don't know if you've tried the bestecig ats on the pipe but some people really like them. I obviously don't.

Pete I know you have been researching this stuff...let me know if you ever find a good atomizer that works well with this pipe. Till then this device is going into my drawer.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hey guys just an update on my progress with the mini pipe atomisers.

I tried a cleaning method with some cleaning solution we sell for the i-inhale mixed with boiling water which seemed to improve performance somewhat.

Now to give you a background: my mini pipe atomiser (the first one I had and still going), was still performing okay, but performance had dropped off slightly after 1 month so nevertheless for the sake of science, I sat it in boiling water and cleaning solution a few times and then flushed it out with tap water. Then dried it, dry smoked it and it had definitely improved.

I then sanded it to stainless steel and tried it in 'The Hydrant' mod I made which has a manual switch. Anyhow, the performance was much better than when in the mini pipe bowl.

This lead me to thinking that perhaps it is the mini pipe's 5 second cutoff that is the problem ie. not all the liquid vapourises and some is left due to the cutoff and this build up gradually causes the atomiser to under perform. But then reading that Pete has tried his in his Black and Decker mod, I'm not so sure? Pete did you use a brand new mini pipe atomiser in your mod and did the atomiser still underperform after a few days?

So anyway, I have requested that the manufacturers change the cut off as I still believe this could be a possible factor. TBH i wouldn't have requested this if I hadn't read this post as my one atomiser - like I said - is going on over a month and still performing fine.

It is a bit of a mystery to me at the moment as it is with everyone else, but I have notified the manufacturers on several occasions so hopefully they will be making improvements imminently. :)

Compared with the other staple devices I have owned/tested, the mini pipe atomiser rates better or equal - the only atomiser I've had that performs better and more consistently has been the Dura. The Dura however is very thirsty in comparison and requires nurturing with liquid to get the best results. The first dura atomiser I had was knocking on a month producing exactly the same vapour as the day I first got in, but unfortunately died a very sudden death after running 8 Volts through it in a mod experiment.... doooh! :p

Maybe I just get lucky with atomisers... :confused:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
smokinduece.... I really appreciate the inquires your making to the manufacturer. Here is how things worked out with me. I got the pipe and I was ecstatic...worked like charm so I got a second one. Both atomizer with the original units worked fantastic. I was going through 6 batteries a day...so I was vaping very heavily with them....they both lasted about 7-10 days each before the atomizers croaked. That is fine by me. The problem is ...I got spares from David Yang...those don't last more than a day...vaping moderately...going through 2-3 batteries. Now, that is not fine. Somehow the original atomizers and the spares I got aren't the same caliber.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Edo -

We always do our best to improve products as we are also searching for perfection all the time and that is why your feedback is of the utmost importance. Without striving towards improvements, we will not progress in the right direction with this new technology.

The improvements we are currently working on and can't guarantee, but will attempt to work out with the manufacturers are the following:

1/ longer cutoff
2/ better battery life
3/ improved lid
4/ improved atomisers
5/ improved switch

If you can think of anything I have missed, please post here or email me so I can forward to the manufacturers.

The mini pipe is still no doubt a great device, but with some or all of these improvements, we will definitely be getting closer to perfection. :)

Kind Regards,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread