Minikin v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laird aldridge

Mar 7, 2017
Ok so i have a really weird minkin v2 180w . this is the gold version and the standard chip for the v2 is gx-180-ht but mine reads gx-180-ut does anybody know what this means. ???? I have checked all over google and cant find anything like this gold minikin v2. Please help me on this. It performs like a badass compared to the real v2. I called asmodus and they have never heard of the chip thats in my mod. Can anybody help me???

Laird aldridge

Mar 7, 2017
Ok so i have a really weird minkin v2 180w . this is the gold version and the standard chip for the v2 is gx-180-ht but mine reads gx-180-ut does anybody know what this means. ???? I have checked all over google and cant find anything like this gold minikin v2. Please help me on this. It performs like a badass compared to the real v2. I called asmodus and they have never heard of the chip thats in my mod. Can anybody help me???
Thank you so much man. Because this is one odd mod.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Laird aldridge

Mar 7, 2017
It's not a big deal, it has to do with the firmware version on your device. On the newer updates like v38 and v39 it says it's a UT chip instead of HT.

I have a purple one and a Kodama edition and both say GT180-UT now. So I wouldn't worry about it being a clone or anything like that.
But mine is v37 and it hasnt been updated.

Laird aldridge

Mar 7, 2017
Probably the same story, v36 didn't tell you the chip version anyway. Does it work fine? If so I really don't see the problem, it's either a small change or a small mistake they made.
Because i took it apart and the little black boxes have the asmodus stickers on them. And this thing runs super fast compared to other minikins ive had. The internals look the exact same as an authentic

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I noticed that as well. It runs a little more smothly, and I have three Minikins (black, gold, kodama) Both the kodama and gold seem to run a hair better than the original black, and have just a bit better battery life as well.

No complaints here. I bought it from Vaporrange, and they don't sell counterfeits as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: Eskie

Laird aldridge

Mar 7, 2017
I noticed that as well. It runs a little more smothly, and I have three Minikins (black, gold, kodama) Both the kodama and gold seem to run a hair better than the original black, and have just a bit better battery life as well.

No complaints here. I bought it from Vaporrange, and they don't sell counterfeits as far as I'm aware.
it is a little strange i must say but it works at a really fast pace. My old purple one was slow compared to this gold one. I also just wanted to say thank you to everybody who is able to help with this gold minikin v2 issue. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread