Minimal Flavor from eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Thanks. So there is indeed a requirement for a mod.

Not at all, it is not a requirement, everything to do with vaping is a matter of individual preferences.
We all can give our experiences with what we like, you may not like what anyone else does, no tellin until you experiment with all sorts of variables to find what works best for you.

You might like the nautilus / ego combo, many folks do vape them using ego pen style devices.

jesusbuiltmyboxmod

May 11, 2017
India
Not at all, it is not a requirement, everything to do with vaping is a matter of individual preferences.
We all can give our experiences with what we like, you may not like what anyone else does, no tellin until you experiment with all sorts of variables to find what works best for you.

You might like the nautilus / ego combo, many folks do vape them using ego pen style devices.

Hey Elvis man, I'm sure that my battery won't run a nautilus mini or anything since it isn't a VV battery, still i'll try to get more details from the manufacturer

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It doesnt have to be vv/vw, all ego pen style will supply at least 3.2v, all will supply somewhere between 4.2v & 3.2v.
While that might not be optimal, using a 1.8Ω head it will still work, most likley much better than your current delivery device (tank).

I have no knowledge of vaping in your country, I have no clue if there are vape shops you can walk in and buy from.
Maybe borrow one from a friend / aqauntance for a few vapes on your battery to see if you like it.

Reactions: Izan

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank you very much. I'm going to buy my juices from a local vendor who mixes fresh and can customize juices as per my requirements. He has around a 100 flavors, so i'm still in the trial phase, and finding what kind of flavors I like, so I have that going for me.

I was a 1/2 pack a day smoker and 18 mg was way too heavy for me. It had hit me like a ton of bricks when i vaped it. Immediately reduced it. Also in either the 12/18 mg or 50/50 ratio liquids, won't the throat hits be harsh ?

Everyone is different, of course, but it is not likely with the device you are using. If you were using higher watts and a sub-ohm tank it might be too harsh, but your device is a low wattage device and the tank is more of a MTL (mouth to lung) tank.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@jesusbuiltmyboxmod - I started vaping in Nov. 2013 with a small cig-alike 510 kit. They were very small capacity batteries, and you attached a little atomizer to them, and then a mouthpiece that had foam in it...that held several drops of eliquid. I vaped 50PG/50VG 12mg eliquids for just 2 weeks, and then dropped down to 6mg eliquids with the same PG/VG ratio. I was able to totally quit a 42+ year smoking habit (1 - 1 1/2 packs a day) within just 2 months...using just that little kit! That set-up might not have worked for others, but it did work for me, so I was very pleased with it!

I didn't even try an eGo battery (with its bigger capacity, so a longer time between charges) and a clearomizer with a 1.8ohm coil in it...until 4 months after that. I used those then, along with my little 510 kit, for the next 8-10 months. Both still kept me off the smokes, and I never even wanted one at all.

So you don't have to have a big mod, fancy tanks, expensive coils, nor high nicotine eliquids...to help you quit the smokes and stay off of them. What works for you may not be someone else's choice, but...if it's helping YOU stay off the cigarettes, that's what matters!

Most of us go on to also try other devices, types of tanks or rebuildables, make our own coils and our own eliquids, etc. For many of us it's become sort of a hobby doing that. But...you don't HAVE to do those things. There are still people vaping today who prefer to only use some of the older types of devices and coils. Some of us (me included) use our older things at times and our newer ones. Still others have long ago gotten rid of their older stuff and now use only newer devices. We're all still not smoking, and are perfectly happy using what we like and what works for us.

Bottom line is - that's what's most important with vaping, IMO!
:thumbs:

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I totally agree with J.C. Keep using the ecig you have, there's nothing wrong with it at all. I advised you to up the pg content only to help you get more flavor. I do not think upping your pg content will make your vape too harsh, unless you go 100% pg or something crazy like that. I vape juices with anything from 70% vg/30% pg - 30% vg/70 % pg. Mostly I vape juices with 70% pg because I love a lot of flavor and I don't find 70% pg to be too harsh for me at all. I think you should ask your juice maker what percentage of vg he is using in your juice and just increase the amount of pg a little bit at a time until you've got the flavor you want.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks @JCinFLA. Your post puts everything into perspective.
A little bit of persistence, a little bit of motivation and a bit of trial and error should get me through.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you on your quest to vape. Since vaping is so scalable, it can take a little time to find the perfect vape. The more you read, the quicker you will discover the possibilities.
Might like to read:
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Sqhertz1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Miami, Fl
I've been using kanger ego batteries with evod v1 with 2.2 cotton coils and velvet cloud vapor liquid for the past few years. It's simple, cheap and keeps me away from smoking. Started at 18mg and I'm at 6mg now. I have no desire to get into rebuilding or mods as this setup has worked for me this long. I did get some vv ego batts and will be picking up some evod 2s soon. Ymmv

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
I quit smoking completely over about 2 weeks over 4 years ago using a very similar, primitive (by today's standards) device - an unadjustable eGo battery and a CE4 tank - very similar to what you have. I was vaping 18-24mg 80/20 PG/VG liquids.

I strongly suspect that anything over about 50% VG is going to be far too thick to vape in those types of clearomisers - 70-80% PG is what's optimal in those IME.

You can thin your juice slightly with a couple of drops of (preferably distilled, if not easily available then cooled-down boiled clean water will do) water - you could also see if you can buy some Propylene Glycol anywhere near you.

I wonder how much you paid for your old-skool device - I suspect far too much. Look into buying these things online and save a *lot* of money.

I buy all my vaping gear from China, from Fasttech, who are very good, and occasionally from Gearbest.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
You can look and or try an ego clr compatible tank.
PG is a flavor carrier and thin like water.
Vg is a vapor producer and very thick.

Example

I vape ego megav2 tanks capacity 4ml with a 1 ohm clr coil thats easily rebuilt .
My diy e-liquid if a very high PG @96+ % and 12mg nic strength as Vg does not agree with me i get nice flavor but not clouds of smoke but enough , sweet spot at 12.5 watts with mods that use a 18650 external battery that last almost if not a full day.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
@Continuity Thank you. I paid 15$ for the kit. and coils cost 1$ each. eliquids cost 4$ per 10 ml or less if i go order in bulk. i'll try two ratios in my next order i guess then.
That's not *too* bad, actually - places have been known to charge stupid prices for 'starter kits' like that.

As for the charging time, I suspect you'll be using one of those little eGo chargers that's rated at 420mA - if so, that's just what they're like - slow.

How long are we talking here for a full charge?

The flavour could be improved maybe with a higher PG ratio (it's a good flavour carrier) or maybe you could ask your guy to simply make your juice up with a higher % of flavouring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread