Minor Leaking with kayfun lite

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by MesaMitch, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MesaMitch

MesaMitch Senior Member ECF Veteran

i am thinking it is coming from the fill screw under the kayfun lite

anyone know how to fix this

i don't get any flooding threw the air hole though

Thanks for any comments back guys!

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

1) Try a spare screw (if yours came with one). I have one Kayfun where I tried 3 screws, and only 1 of the screws slowed it to a very slow seep but didn't stop it entirely.

2) Wrap your screw threads with a very small strip of plumber's tape after filling. Will definitely stop the seep, but you will need to do this every time you screw / unscrew the fill screw.

3) Use a tiny o-ring. Will stop the seep, but even the smallest of o-rings will not allow the screw to go in flush, so you will not be able to get the Kayfun to sit flush on a mod. And actually, it may sit a little cockeyed. I tried the little o-rings that are used to seal the fill screw on Kir Fanis trap / angel tanks, and these also: 002 Buna-N O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Black, 3/64" ID, 9/64" OD, 3/64" Width.

3. MesaMitch

Thanks Ben! For replying back can you give me a picture of what you do with the plumbers tape?

do I punch a hole in the plumbers tape with the screw and then screw it back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

4. MesaMitch

Because I'm thinking if I wrap the threads of the screw with plumbers tape it's going to be to big and not going to screw back in

Sorry I am so stupid with this Ben

5. MesaMitch

I appreciate you commenting back though Ben lol

6. finagle69

finagle69 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My KFL came from SvoeMesto's shop. Came with no spare anything. My screw was leaking over time, so I put a small wrap of teflon tape around the screw threads. Hasn't leaked since.

7. MesaMitch

Do you have any pictures of what am I suppose to do with plumbers tape ? Thanks I would really appreciate it

8. Ben C.

I do not have a pic at the moment, but plumber's tape / Teflon tape is very, very thin and has no adhesive. Just cut off a teeny sliver and it will self-adhere to the threads of the screw as you place it on there. The screw will still go in no problem - as easily as without the tape. Let me know if you have any other q's - I'm on mobile at work so sorry if this wasn't exactly thorough :)

FWIW - when you pick up the tape and see it, I think it will all make sense!

9. MesaMitch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now ill just fill the classic way I guess lol

Tell me if I did right Ben c thanks dude! Hope this works

10. finagle69

finagle69 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

HAHA, please don't let a plumber see how you did that. Typically you sort of roll the screw onto a small strip of tape, whose width is the length of the threaded section of the screw. So, TINY for this application. But hey, if that works, then great!

11. Ben C.

Dude, that's fine :)

I agree with finagle69 - it's a little excessive, but there's no doubt it will stop the leakage! As he said, usually a thin strip (like, cutting an 1/8" sliver off the end of the roll) is just wrapped around the threads only. So your screw will look like someone has painted the threads of your screw white. Then you screw that in.

But in any case, whatever works! What you did is by no means wrong, and it was probably hella easy. I guarantee you will have no leaks!

12. c803knight

c803knight Full Member Verified Member

Glad I read this thread. I have recently received a kayfun lite, and all the spare fill hole screws that came with the package are leaking. Not that the leaking is severe, its more just an ocd kinda thing. Is this plumbers tape the same as teflon tape? Are they available at a hardware store?

13. c803knight

c803knight Full Member Verified Member

Another quick question. Do you think that the suggested tape would have any negative reaction to ejuice?

14. jaynole

jaynole Senior Member ECF Veteran

I found that if the screw or fill hole had juice coating it, mine leaked a little after a refill. Started drying the screw with a cloth and twisting a tiny piece of cotton or paper towel to dry out the fill hole after a refill before closing it up seems to do the trick.Not a single leak since I started doing that and that was several weeks and tanks ago. Dry as a bone, every time. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

15. MesaMitch

Lol yeah I kinda go over board with what ever I do.

You should see what I do when I use glue now that is funny lol

16. MesaMitch

yeah i got the plumbers tape from ace hardware 1.49 probably cheaper at home depot but 1.49 is cheap enough lol

17. MesaMitch

yeah i got the plumbers tape from ace hardware 1.49 probably cheaper at home depot but 1.49 is cheap enough lol

18. Ben C.

Yes and kind of yes! ANY hardware store, even the little local ones will carry this. And technically, plumber's tape and teflon tape are two different things, although the words are commonly interchanged. You want 'plumbers tape' or 'thread seal tape'.

Not at all. Plumber's tape is made of PTFE which is inert.

: kayfun
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.