Mistic E-Cig [Mini Review]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Soot King

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
High among the chimney tops
Just a quick mini-review of the Mistic E-cig. I've been using and loving my Volt 78mms for a couple months now, but in a bout of carelessness, I left my stuff in a friend's car (PCC and batteries). Getting them back wasn't an option since he lives out of a town and we both have work so I made a quick trip to my local smoke shop where I buy my liquid and picked up a Mistic starter kit (menthol). The kit was only $14.99 (most places carry them for around this cost, but Sams Club has them as cheap as $10.00 in some locations). Based on my past experiences with Finiti and njoy's products, I was expecting a miserable couple days till I was able to recover my Volt, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The pre-filled flavors for their cartos are garbage like most other pre-fills, but you can easily refill them with your own liquid after a couple of hours of smoking which helps dramatically. There are ways to remove the mouth piece and o-ring to use a top fill method, but I prefer to use a cart condom method. The battery life is phenomenal for what you're paying. Much like my Volts, the battery lasts a full day of moderate user.

There was conflicting information about what the actual model type was for this e-cig. Without knowing what the model is, there isn't really an option to purchase accessories for the Mistic (not that you'd want to for something this inexpensive). A couple people state that old styled 808 cartos will work on it, but I didn't want to risk damaging my Volt cartos to test this. If anyone wants to chime in with the model information, I'll put it in the subject so it can be more easily looked up in future.

I have my Volt back now, but the Mistic was a surprisingly quality product for such a low price point. This is my new back-up with the awful njoy being relegated to "something to throw at someone when they annoy me" duty. If you are looking for a dirt cheap way of testing e-cigs, this is easily the best introductory kit I have run across since I stopped smoking.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
Not to crap your thread, but my aunt has one of these Mistics. And i can honestly agree across the board on your review: the stock liquid is VERY harsh, but she bought it June 21st, and here we are 2 months later and she's still on the same battery and cartridge (she only hits it a few times a day while she chasing my cousin around the house) but even at 3-5 puffs a day, 2 months is excellent life for both the battery and the carto.

The Soot King

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
High among the chimney tops
Not to crap your thread, but my aunt has one of these Mistics. And i can honestly agree across the board on your review: the stock liquid is VERY harsh, but she bought it June 21st, and here we are 2 months later and she's still on the same battery and cartridge (she only hits it a few times a day while she chasing my cousin around the house) but even at 3-5 puffs a day, 2 months is excellent life for both the battery and the carto.
You aren't crapping the thread. :) A review isn't much if people don't offer feedback on it. The liquid was terrible tasting, but I smoked it out and refilled a couple times which dramatically improved everything.

I've used the same 3 Cartos for over a week. I have maybe 15 of them, boiled em all didn't wana taste the juice and refilled... Best ecig for the price if you ask me...
I agree. It's a really solid e-cig for less than 15 bucks.

Duster6524

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
VA, USA 'In A Holler'
I also started with a Mistic just over 2 months ago. I am still using the 2 batts and about 20 cartos. Performance is excellent IMO as they last all day and some more. I'm using it like I did cigs, vape for 10-15 minutes then put down for awhile. I smoked 1 and 1/2 pad for 30+ years.
I'll agree the factory flavor sucks, and you have very limited options for flavor and parts/upgrades, but for performance and the very good price they are worth it.
I know for a fact that SI Volt clearomizers will work on these so I assume their carts would also. I have some on the way and I'll post back after trying them.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Yes they are. My local store hasn't had to cartos in stock for a couple weeks. Been climbing the walls using gross cleaned and reused.

Soot king: there doesn't seem to really be a shut off for mistics. It is easy to torch the cartomizers. I let mine cool for a bit when it gets hot. The big down side with mistic is everything I've read has indicated that regular kr808 cartos wont fit. Dirty turds don't want people buying from other companies. If you have found something that fits right please do share I would be most grateful!

Duster6524

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
VA, USA 'In A Holler'
Yes they are. My local store hasn't had to cartos in stock for a couple weeks. Been climbing the walls using gross cleaned and reused.

Soot king: there doesn't seem to really be a shut off for mistics. It is easy to torch the cartomizers. I let mine cool for a bit when it gets hot. The big down side with mistic is everything I've read has indicated that regular kr808 cartos wont fit. Dirty turds don't want people buying from other companies. If you have found something that fits right please do share I would be most grateful!

Most kr808d-1 cartos should work, they just will not screw all the way down. If the gap is a problem you can get some o-rings to fill it (from hardware store/Lowes/etc.) I think I remember someone say that they are #40 or something like that. Their is also a new place that is supposed to have compatible parts for almost all e-cigs made. It's http://www.themagicmist.com/default.asp but I have no experience with them. Also, and I've not tried it, the Mistic is supposed to be 901 thread and their are several vendors that carry this type threading.

vf8170

Oct 22, 2012
Indiana
I have a Mistic and pretty happy with it. The price doesn't hurt either. I paid the same as you from a Pilot. It was my first kit. I use my 808 carts on it, as others have said, they just don't screw down all the way.

The down side is from what I have found, Mistic is not producing them anymore. I even checked their site and nothing is available. I assume they are not shipping anymore and once the supply runs out, they will be gone for good. I'm thinking about buying more and keeping them as back ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread