Mistic Electronic Cigarette in-depth review w/photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simba138

Sep 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I am pretty new to vaping and the use of PVs. I have used various ecigs in the past from friends including 501s and egos. I have been wanting one for the past year but always forgot about it when I had extra money to spend.

I am disgusted by my smoking habit but could not quit no matter how hard I tried. I am bipolar and my body reacts positivly to nicotine so I knew ecigs were the right choice for me.

It all started last friday. I was in my buddy's car for a 6 hour trip and we stopped at Pilot to fuel up. He doesn't allow smoking in his car. I went inside for a drink, snacks, and of course, good old fashioned cowboy killers. As the cashier was ringing me up I noticed a Mistic ecig display. $7.99 for a battery and cartomizer which they claimed was equal to a pack of smokes. I bought it and went outside to quickly smoke a red. Back in the car, I opened up the box and screwed the carto onto the battery. I took a drag and thought it tasted pretty good.

I continued to use the Mistic during the 6 hours or so down to the ocean. I was drinking all night so I chain smoked reds like usual. The next afternoon we drove home and I used the Mistic during the trip. I was surprised that the battery was still going let alone the cartomizer.

Back home I went back to Pilot and bought $14.99 kit which I am reviewing now.
358zcw9.jpg

It appears to be an 808 but I'm not sure. A marb red is used for size refference. The packaging is a flip-top box just like cancer sticks.

2cdcuv.jpg

It includes a battery, a usb charger, and two 18mg traditional flavor cartos.

My original cartomizer from Friday just died today and I have been vaping every hour or so. When I smoked, I went through a pack every day and a half on average. The battery lasted me almost 3 days before I had to charge it. The battery charges in a few hours so it's best to do so overnight but since I have a spare fully charged, I never have to worry and these batteries out perform my expectations. I had consistant taste and vapor the entire way through the carto. You can pop the tops off and refill these easily and I plan to do so. There are channels visible on the led cap where air can be drawn through, if you plug them up you can't vape.

I wish I knew what model this is and no one seems to be sure. This is a great little product and I am very happy with it until I get around to purchasing an ego. The build quality is excellent and the flavor is nice. I get nice thick clouds and a great throat hit.

All in all, is this the best ecig out there? No. It is great to start out with and it I don't personally see a need to upgrade quickly. I am beyond impressed and would reccomend this to anyone new to ecigs or someone wanting a backup. Mistic ecigs hit the nail on the head when it comes to quality and price. I have 3 cigs that I havent touched and hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks Mistic for breaking the.gas station ecig stereotype!!!

CallTheMouse

Sep 30, 2011
USA
Sams Club here in Washington state is carrying the Mistic cigs and kits now. Good price too looks like.
Search Results

I did a search using their name and they do have a web site that you can purchase direct from them. Prices aren't bad and it does look like an 808 setup. Can't really see the threading in the pics.

CallTheMouse

Sep 30, 2011
USA
I have been using the Mistic for a couple months now and I am impressed with the battery life so far. The carto definitely is not an E9/KR808D2. As you mention the 808D-1 carto will screw onto the battery with a gap and is usable. Still trying to find out what design this is but it does work great for me cleaning and refilling the cartos that come with the Mistic.

Edit:

Now that most Walmarts nation wide will start carrying the Mistic, obtaining the hardware, (ie: batteries, cartos, kits) will be much easier to obtain. No more 45 minute drives just to pick up a carto refill pack or single carto/battery unit. I will now be able to concentrate on available eliquid and DIY. :))

Last edited:

SmokingFirefighter

Dec 17, 2010
ny
Just saw Mistic in Walmart last week, have been using V2's for quite some time. But after seeing great reviews here for this product, I decided to give it a try.

The battery life on these things is something else. They are at least equal to the 'long' 380ma V2's I've been using. The reg flavor cart is pretty good, but I find the menthol a bit "chalky" in taste.

All in all, a great product. :)

SmokingFirefighter

Dec 17, 2010
ny
Quick Update:

Still using Mistic, keeping my V2's as a backup.

I like the flavor of their 1.2% nicotine "Traditional" carts (kind of odd they use a "%" instead of "mg" to measure nicotine strength).

Today I dropped one on a hard floor and the battery no longer activated when inhaling, but that was my fault. The other batteries are working great. :)

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I saw these at Walmart and decided to get a kit to test and review. I'm about done putting it through its paces, but suffice it to say, I think this is a great entry level kit. Its easy to use, inexpensive, and less frustrating (than gas station and mall kits where extra cartos are not available or too expensive to be an incentive to stick with it). Video to be posted in the next day or so.

Sent via cellular communication device...

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I will be awaiting that vid Fazed. I'm very new to this too, and until I've completely figured out which exact model to buy and try, these throwaway brands are getting me through.

It's uploading now. Probably ready to view in a couple of hours. I'll post a link here when it's viewable.

Sent via cellular communication device...

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
I just picked up a Mistic at a convenience store and can absolutely recommend them. My vapiing begam in April, 2010 and I've never purchased a PV other than from an online vendor until now. We really like the convenience of being able to pick up cartridges locally. As others have mentioned it is not an 808d-1 but the battery life is excellent and the price is certainly reasonable.

steven36

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
grabbed one from walmart 2 days ago for the price it's a great ecig cartos are and batteries are long lasting and the fact i can pick them up at walmart is a big plus 15 for a pack of 5 cartos seems high .... if you consider shipping your paying close to the same ordering online plus the more people that buy from walmart the more walmart will back the product and walmart would be a great alie to have

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
grabbed one from walmart 2 days ago for the price it's a great ecig cartos are and batteries are long lasting and the fact i can pick them up at walmart is a big plus 15 for a pack of 5 cartos seems high .... if you consider shipping your paying close to the same ordering online plus the more people that buy from walmart the more walmart will back the product and walmart would be a great alie to have

Steven - I totally agree with you, especially about the savings over ordering online - also these cartos are refillable! I'm still using the same one I opened a full week ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread