IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
For PG and VG I like the twist style yorker caps:
upload_2016-12-3_20-56-4.png

No loose cap to keep track of (read: lose ;)), and if you find it is pouring too fast for you, you don't have to open it all the way.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    Reactions: Kenna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    If you just need a few; It's hard to beat these: Natural LDPE Boston Round Bottle with Twist Top Cap
    Available in 1,2,4, and 8oz. sizes. They do limit you to a max of 5 of each size per order but that hasn't been a problem for me. At only $0.75 each (any size) they're a pretty good bargain.

Plus I really like the company; fast, friendly, and they really seem to care about their customers.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    If you just need a few; It's hard to beat these: Natural LDPE Boston Round Bottle with Twist Top Cap
    Available in 1,2,4, and 8oz. sizes. They do limit you to a max of 5 of each size per order but that hasn't been a problem for me. At only $0.75 each (any size) they're a pretty good bargain.

Plus I really like the company; fast, friendly, and they really seem to care about their customers.
    I hope they get more flavor lines in the future, a paypal site is a big plus for me. I'll be picking up a few of those 240 ml bottles soon.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I'm ok with the ones I have pictured in the O.P. but if I was starting from scratch knowing what I know now, I would look for some squeeze bottles with wide mouths. That would make life a little easier when pouring from gallon jugs.
    The ones I got from BB&B are fairly wide mouth 12 oz bottles with attached push on top caps but I still use a funnel for both VG and PG. The tips are pretty wide so squeezing out the PG can be a little tricky to not over pour.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Something like this would be nice. I don't really mind the take off tops. I am a bit amazed myself but I have yet to lose one.
    70146psku.jpg

Some people have had good luck with ketchup and mustard bottles but I have never tried them:
    aceoj66Mi.jpeg

Yeah, clear plastic seems best to keep your eye on the nic color. I did a quick test on the twist Yorkers, and while not air proof, they were decent, obviously a total air seal would be nice, but since I only use them for nic, VG, PG, those get used the most, and then refilled from larger frig kept bottles. Not sure how well those "red caps" seal the air out?

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 23, 2012
    St Paul, Minnesota

Nice. I ended up buying one of each of those. I have a ketchup and mustard bottle around the house somewhere I can use in the meantime.

Thanks guys.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I bought the 500g x 0.01g High Precision Digital Scale SF-400D2 Counting w/ USB Wall Adapter as you mentioned. I think this thing is pos. It will not register individual drops. Makes it impossible to measure accurately.
    I use this but it required I also buy a 500g calibration weight before I could use it.

It has only once giving me an issue when I was doing a small 20ml tester and had to weigh something that was 0.1g or so. Now whenever I need to weigh something that light I put my 100g calibration weight on first and subtract it from what I am weighing.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I bought the 500g x 0.01g High Precision Digital Scale SF-400D2 Counting w/ USB Wall Adapter as you mentioned. I think this thing is pos. It will not register individual drops. Makes it impossible to measure accurately.

I bought this when I started mixing by weight. After reading the issues with other scales thath do not register small quantities, I paid attention during my last few sessions. This does register a single drop as far as I can tell. I'm not starting with a single drop mind you, I add the nic first and it is always 3.11 grams for my 30ml quantity.
    Anyway, I've found this to be an accurate reliable scale for my usage. Has no auto-off issue when using it plugged in, has battery capability if needed, easy to use, came with the calibration weights.

American Weigh Scales LB-501 Digital Kitchen Scale
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UGBG20/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.

We have talked about this issue a few times in this thread and there is a simple go around. If you put a weight on the scale first it will register the drops. You can put a nickle on the scale and just subtract 5g.

This was never an issue for me but it has been for several and if the software would let me I would go back and edit it but, I can't, so here we are :) I still like SF better than the AW but I can see why it is a problem for some.

Last edited:

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Last edited:

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 23, 2012
    St Paul, Minnesota

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    You put a nickel on the scale? I am not familiar with that method.

Once the scale is registering some weight it will pick up further drops. So, we tare the scale and then put a nickle on it because it is something we all have on hand and it weighs 5g. Now the scale should pick up single drops and you just need to subtract or ignore the 5g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread