Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    If you re-bottle your 4oz flavors into smaller dripper bottles, do you use PET or LDPE bottles?
    I see many company's use PET.
    PET is known to leach chemicals over time, LDPE can be O2 permeable.
    Or does it not really matter, since the flavors are usually used within 2-3 years?

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    If you re-bottle your 4oz flavors into smaller dripper bottles, do you use PET or LDPE bottles?
    Or does it not really matter, since the flavors are usually used within 2-3 years?

I use 20ml LDPE bottles to work from. Seem to be working fine so far... :D

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York

I use GLASS only, avoids the question entirely. I only use LD & PD in 15ml & 30ml plastic bottles for carrying my final juices for tank filling.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I use GLASS only, avoids the question entirely. I only use LD & PD in 15ml & 30ml plastic bottles for carrying my final juices for tank filling.

Same here. I use glass to mix and steep, but I like LDPE needle tip bottles for filling tanks, so I transfer after steeping and wash the glass bottles up for the next mix session.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I got a whole bunch of those Yaeliq spouts that fit their 100ml bottles and they aren't anytime soon going to be used so I was about to throw them out. I cut some off the tip and with a bent pin into the jug, so I don't have a airlock then a mess. They fit great and funnel faster than those mini funnels. I use glass for all my mixing and steeping then into 50ml jugs to dispense into my attys.
    I guess I was a tad impatient one day I was using a needle tip jug to fill a kayfun and popped the needle cap off and managed to squirt juice across my desk right into my container that I keep my chunks of rayon in, wasted a few mls of juice and about 10 feet of rayon so the needle tips got retired that day and not used them since, filling kayfun with a syringe was a bit more to clean but no juice mess.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I got a whole bunch of those Yaeliq spouts that fit their 100ml bottles and they aren't anytime soon going to be used so I was about to throw them out. I cut some off the tip and with a bent pin into the jug, so I don't have a airlock then a mess. They fit great and funnel faster than those mini funnels. I use glass for all my mixing and steeping then into 50ml jugs to dispense into my attys.
    I guess I was a tad impatient one day I was using a needle tip jug to fill a kayfun and popped the needle cap off and managed to squirt juice across my desk right into my container that I keep my chunks of rayon in, wasted a few mls of juice and about 10 feet of rayon so the needle tips got retired that day and not used them since, filling kayfun with a syringe was a bit more to clean but no juice mess.

Been there with the funnels. Once the bent paper clip is between the funnel and the bottle neck it drains faster than trying to ring the bottle neck without it.

Some LDPE bottles seem softer or thinner than others and the screw caps don't fit tight. My juice is 75pg so it squirts easily. I haven't had a problem with most of the bottles. 100% VG is way thicker.

Last edited:

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Quiet in here.

Where's Waldo?

IMG_2736.JPG

Riplea

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2010
    IL
    Same here. I use glass to mix and steep, but I like LDPE needle tip bottles for filling tanks, so I transfer after steeping and wash the glass bottles up for the next mix session.

Me too. Also the LDPE I don't have to worry about breaking if I have it with me outside the house.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I do my DIY in the kitchen and store everything in plastic baskets on top of a cabinet in the laundry room (heated) between sessions. I keep out everything I need to recoil and rewick, plus a dozen of so bottles of steeped juice. Most of the daily supplies stay in a lockable file box that I bought at Walmart. We have a 6 year old and an 11 year old (nephews) in the house from time to time and I don't want any concentrated nic around that they can touch.

I can grab the plastic basket and take it to the kitchen for DIY and have everything I need, including the scale, the 100mg/ml nic, and the PG and VG, as well as the funnels, flavors, and empty LDPE bottles to transfer the steeped glass bottles into. That works well and keeps it all out of the way.

I always have half a dozen 60ml glass bottles steeping and the batch before that in LDPE bottles, as well as the bottles I haven't yet finished. There's also two 120ml bottles of unflavored sitting at the ready for testing flavors and re-mixing whatever I happen to run out of between DIY sessions.

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    You reversed the layout!

I made a lot of changes from the picture in the first post that was old at the time. Took up the rug, took down the soft window treatments, got rid of the porous wooden shelf and in general made every thing washable and more at easier at hand

Almost too clean.

:) I don't thing that there is such a thing as "to clean" in a lab.

I do my DIY in the kitchen and store everything in plastic baskets on top of a cabinet in the laundry room between sessions. I keep out everything I need to recoil and rewick, plus a dozen of so bottles of steeped juice. Most of the daily supplies stay in a lockable file box that I bought at Walmart. We have a 6 year old and an 11 year old (nephews) in the house from time to time and I don't want any concentrated nic around that they can touch.

I can grab the plastic basket and take it to the kitchen for DIY and have everything I need, including the scale, the 100mg/ml nic, and the PG and VG, as well as the funnels, flavors, and empty LDPE bottles to transfer the steeped glass bottles into. That works well and keeps it all out of the way.

I always have half a dozen 60ml glass bottles steeping and the batch before that in LDPE bottles, as well as the bottles I haven't yet finished. There's also two 120ml bottles of unflavored sitting at the ready for testing flavors and re-mixing whatever I happen to run out of between DIY sessions.

I am fortunate to have a spare back bedroom that I was able to dedicate to mixing and the door has a lock on it.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I am fortunate to have a spare back bedroom that I was able to dedicate to mixing and the door has a lock on it.

Looks like you have a nice dedicated area judging by the pictures.

I have empty bedrooms, but I like to work where there's a sink to wash out bottles and implements. I also have a basement workshop that's heated by space heaters and access to water, but lacks drains since it's below the plumbing plane. I've gotten used to the kitchen and having everything in a tote basket that can be moved to the kitchen and back once a month when I mix has been an enjoyable experience.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    @DaveP they make solutions for being below the drain lines. I had an auto shop that needed and extra sink for washing hands and a sump pump was the easiest inexpensive solution. Not sure if the expense is warranted but it isn't that much of an expense.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    @DaveP they make solutions for being below the drain lines. I had a auto shop that needed and extra sink for washing hands and a sump pump was the easiest inexpensive solution. Not sure if the expense it warranted but it isn't that much of an expense.

Most of what I do in the basement is hobby woodworking (when I'm inspired to do so!). I thought about doing my DIY there, but adding a sink and a pump was more complicated than just doing it all in the kitchen upstairs.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Cheap Home Depot vanity and sink with the sump pump underneath is not a big deal the plumbing is the most labor intensive. Just a suggestion in case you were interested.

Thanks for the info. After 19 years in this house and using the basement for storage and a hobby wood shop I'll probably just skip adding water. When I go to the basement I just take a big glass of iced tea and head up the stairs for bathroom visits. I get my daily step count in that way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread