Mixing eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc92

Sep 6, 2016
I have 18mg 'American tobacco' sitting here, and I want to cut it down to 6 or even 3mg.
The maths is easy enough, i'd use 5ml to make a 30ml bottle for 3mg or 10ml for 30ml.
I'd then add pg/vg to my liking, but I'll lose lots of flavour. Would adding a flavour concentrate work well with a premixed/flavoured juice is the real question?

Reactions: BrotherBob

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have 18mg 'American Tobacco' sitting here, and I want to cut it down to 6 or even 3mg.
To make it real easy, could cut it down by half and half again to 4.5mg (ie 5ml of 18mg and 5ml of zero mg= 9mg and 10ml etc.) Using a DIY mix calculator works best with 6-3 mg strengths.
If American Tobacco (or some flavor close too) is sold as a flavor concentrate, you could get a bottle and add a few drops or more (YMMV) to bring the diluted 4.5mg and 20 ml strength back up to original flavor strength.
Might like to read: Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE VAPING
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have 18mg 'American Tobacco' sitting here, and I want to cut it down to 6 or even 3mg.
The maths is easy enough, i'd use 5ml to make a 30ml bottle for 3mg or 10ml for 30ml.
I'd then add pg/vg to my liking, but I'll lose lots of flavour. Would adding a flavour concentrate work well with a premixed/flavoured juice is the real question?
One of the ways to get started mixing is to dilute a pre mix you like. I found I could dilute the flavoring to 25% of what it was before and after a while my taste re educated itself, I liked it better and the original was too strong.

Reactions: Rickb119

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
One of the ways to get started mixing is to dilute a pre mix you like. I found I could dilute the flavoring to 25% of what it was before and after a while my taste re educated itself, I liked it better and the original was too strong.

I tried that a couple of times myself but got tired of my taste buds smacking me in the mouth saying "What the hell buddy?". So I just ordered the same flavor in 0mg & made a big bottle... lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread