Mixing liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
Hi everyone!

I've been vaping a mix of two liquids - a McFlavors Red Tobacco I love the taste of, and an unflavoured WTA for the WTA part, I just mixed them at a ratio of 80/20 and gave it all a good shake, which I do each time I fill up.

The 80% part is high PG, the 20% WTA is high VG.

While I'm vaping, I seem to alternate a bit between the flavours. At some points I seem to only taste the unflavoured WTA.

Could it be separating in the tank, meaning I'm not getting a true mix through? I'm finding it hard to be sure because the unflavoured WTA does taste a bit...smoky, so I don't know if what I'm tasting is that on its own or a burning out atomiser, but the atty was fresh in today.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Juices you combine yourself can definitely separate if not thoroughly mixed, and even then can still do so. I shake vigorously before every time I drip or refill. I'm also a full DIYer so it may not be necessary to do it EVERY time, but yes, your e-liquid probably did separate some.

colonelcolt

May 21, 2014
London UK
Just let the mix steep for some time. The longer the better.
Those two liquids would not "separate" or exfoliate unless their density vary significantly and components are not solvable. Which is definitely not the case.
The mechanism of steeping is rather physical then chemical, so time will solve the issue.
Shaking the mix from time to time is also good.
Another possible issue could be to much flavour. With flavourings too much is worse then too little.
Start with very low percentage and steep longer.
Some of my mixes are 0.25% to 0.5% of flavourings. WTA, NET and tobacco absolutes require at least 4 weeks of steeping.

Experiment more.

Reactions: Izan

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When you mix your 2 ready made e-liquids be sure you have plenty of mixing room in the bottle. IE: 15ml in a 30ml bottle or 30ml in a 60ml bottle. If done this way the 2 flavors should be completely mixed. If mixed well to begin with I can't imagine them separating either in the bottle or the tank. I do shake the bottle each time I refill my toppers but don't know it it is actually necessary. I have also been known to shake my topper before vaping if it has sat for a while and doesn't taste like I think it should.

Our taste buds can be fickle little things. All of my flavors can and do taste different at different times. The only consistent one is my unflavored.

Ca5p3r69

May 10, 2017
Hi everyone im new here just quit smoking n took up vaping so i bought smok stick v8 kit now im in Australia so i cannot buy nicotine ejuice here i have to order from overseas i dont know anything abt any of these stuff yet now im seeing ppl making there own ejuice now could i order nicotine and just add it to the non nicotine ejuice from here in Australia to save money ?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi everyone im new here just quit smoking n took up vaping so i bought smok stick v8 kit now im in Australia so i cannot buy nicotine ejuice here i have to order from overseas i dont know anything abt any of these stuff yet now im seeing ppl making there own ejuice now could i order nicotine and just add it to the non nicotine ejuice from here in Australia to save money ?
Welcome to the ECF....Yes you can. There are many online e-liquid calculators to determine how much nicotine to add but I just use this simple formula....

Formula for determining how much nicotine is needed for your desired nic strength

A= total amount of juice, in ml, that you want to make.
B= strength of nicotine that you want in the final juice.
C= number of mg/ml of nicotine in your nicotine base.

Multiply A times B, then divide by C.That will yield how many mls of nicotine base to use.

Example:
You want to make 30mls of 12mg juice. You have 100mg/ml nicotine
A=30
B=12
C=100
30 times 12 = 360
360 divided by 100 = 3.6 mls of nicotine needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread