MKB-TS Mechanical Mod (GGTS Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I think everyone should contact Shenzhen Rainbow Heaven and ask for a GG Stealth Style Cap. Honestly I'm just saving up for a GGTS with a Stealth Cap though.

I have heard that the Ghost Cap by "The Ghost Modder" will fit on the MKB-TS. I've been eyeballing it. 30 bones. All brass...looks nice.

ghost cap.jpg

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The strange base is designed for Imeo's tanks. If you have an Ody or a Terminator with the GG base you can remove the top gold cap, and the tank will screw onto the large threads the cap used. COV shows them for just over 12 bucks, if you can get one. Makes a MUCH sturdier connection and then integrates itself into the overall design. And, IMO, the GG system is one of the best.

From what I have heard the threads on the top of the MKB-TS Collector Tank are slightly off and to use a GG base (Odysseus or Ithaka) you will need to get a GGTS Collector Tank (which does fit on the MKB-TS). I don't know this first hand but I have heard it from Mountain Oak Vapors site page for the MKB-TS and from dwcraig1 here on the forms. He has Ithaka and MKB-TS and has reported on another thread that you need the GGTS Collector Tank to make it work.

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
Drunk and just ordered one. Anyone have this? Thoughts/opinions?

(For the purists/enthusiasts, if I could actually order a genuine one I would, but until supply meets demand, I'll stick with the China clones. I'm impatient and refuse to wait months for one to emerge and then have to fight over it).

EDIT: Anyone know who the manufacturer is? Some speculate it's the same as the Terminator...which would be awesome because it's a perfect clone.

MKB-TS stainless steel mechanical Mod MKB-TS - HOT Sale e-cigarettes - Product Catalog - Shenzhen RainbowHeaven Technology Co., Ltd--electronic cigarette, e-cigarette, electronic cigarette suppliers
Here is the manufacturer. Just remember me if you sell some at a good price!

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
I think everyone should contact Shenzhen Rainbow Heaven and ask for a GG Stealth Style Cap. Honestly I'm just saving up for a GGTS with a Stealth Cap though.

I did just that and asked them to please follow the forum to see people's comments. I hope they are listening!

cmiller226

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2012
East TN
I have heard that the Ghost Cap by "The Ghost Modder" will fit on the MKB-TS. I've been eyeballing it. 30 bones. All brass...looks nice.

View attachment 200722

I ordered the ghost cap to use on mine and the threads are different. I am thinking about getting a tap and die set and trying to match the threads of the Mkb-ts.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I ordered the ghost cap to use on mine and the threads are different. I am thinking about getting a tap and die set and trying to match the threads of the Mkb-ts.

Crap that sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. It really suprises me because I have a genuine GGTS Collector Tank and it threads onto the MKB-TS just fine...and that cap is supposed to thread onto the same place if I'm not mistaken.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I pulled out my MKB-TS collector tank yesterday morning just to have another look thinking maybe it was just tight and might fit, one turn of Ithaka and that's it.

On the Ghost Modders' cap, it looks to me that it screws on to the outside of the 510 connector and not on the threads that the collector tank threads onto. I'm only going off the picture.
I have polished my MKB with a bench polisher, the whole thing matches the GG collector tank.
I hope the Ghost Modders switch will fit as I have one ordered.
I don't like the looks of the spring either but it doesn't seem to be causing much if any loss, it can be left out if you like.

Look how coarse the threading is on the outside of the 510 socket on the GG piece:
164213_592584334099128_1996355336_n.jpg

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
That all brass switch looks cherry. If it works out for you I may get one. I wish his brass top tubes where in stock. I don't know for sure if they would fit but I think I would be willing to take the chance...

Here's what i come up with on the threads on the outside of the MKB's 510 connector, the MKB-TS accepts 510/808/901 atomizers.
The GG-TS accepts 510 and 801 atomizers. Perhaps 801 and 808 are the same threads with different airways, I am only familiar with 510 and 801. I did try a 801 fusion on the MKB and it only started on 1.5 turns so maybe they're different threads.

EDIT: I just happen to have(still) a 801 Fusion and I only get 3/4 turn trying to screw it on the MKB

Last edited:

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
And that prompts another question.............

The switch threads. Does anyone know if the switch body threads are the same? That brass switch is really nice, but for 40 bucks I don't want to even think about one if the threads don't match. Or any replacement switch that someone knows about? My switch is fine, but you have to be prepared!

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
yeah. very interested to know about the gg sw. The MKB's sw is a little lame. Trying to at least find a brass spring, because (speaking as an electrician) the majority of the current is trying to conduct via that spring & it's definitely high resistance. Expect SS body MOD's to perform a little worse that aluminum/brass/silver/rohdium. The Kick eliminates this worry, but at times my kick self-protects (turn off) when I try higher wattages on this MOD. I'm convinced that spring is too l lousy for the higher amps.

I also had to use lock-tight to keep my sw from unscrewing itself. Now it's another thing to babysit. If someday it disappears on me I'd hate to have to buy another mod. I really like the MKB-TS otherwise.

I also came up with a very good solution for the Adapter-stack/Center-post that also makes the MOD Kick-able with an 18650!

It shortens the other configurations as well, and makes the atty connection rock solid; while eliminating the long-MOD look I see everyone else sporting. With my config (well maybe some else did this already but I haven't seen the post) the length compares to my Nemesis.

This involves a shorty-510-to-901 with the center pin removed. The insulating bushing is inserted into the 510 side (opp. facory). Screw the 510 side into the MKB-TS, and push the center post up into the shory adapter. Now the post is out of the battery bay and into the upper connector assembly. Check that the insulating bushing stayed put and snugged into the groove. MM to verify no shorting. Then screw a 901-to-510 adapter on top of that. There is still enough "float" in the entire center post assembly to accept every atty I've thrown at it. When I screw a Terminator on, I leave the top-cap off the MKB-TS, then upscrew the airflow control ring until it snugs the tank atty. This defeats the AFC but my air is at the sweetspot with this config anyhow.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Use of an Ego 510 adapter allows a wide based 510 atomizer to bottom out on top of the MKB-TS collector tank while offering full use of the air control with minimal chance of shorting.
This configuration is without using a Kick as I no longer have one to try it for fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread