Not open for further replies.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
@trick
Would you mind checking a few other GGTS to MKB compatibility options? Can the bottom cap be switched out? Bottom Tube? Telescoping tube? Sorry to ask but The Ghost Modder has some nice brass pieces that I am looking at and you are the only poster here that has both.

Sorry, been a bit busy and haven't been popping in much except late at night when people start falling asleep and leaving me alone. Just a sec while I unscrew some stuff...

Bottom cap: YES (which I'm happy about, because I'm not a fan of the gold plating)
Bottom Tube & Telescope: NO (Surprised me after the bottom cap threads matched that inner-facing ones wouldn't)

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for checking Trick. Dang, thats really too bad about the telescoping tube. I was really considering getting a whole brass bottom assembly to go with the brass top tube I already got to make a nice two tone mod (assuming if GGTS parts don't fit then Ghost Modder parts won't either). On a plus note the brass top tube seems to be fully compatible.

1.jpg 2.jpg

3.jpg 4.jpg

meowmixmeow

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
san jose ca
Not sure if I mentioned it here, but I picked up a 901-to-510 and a 510-to-510 shorty adapter, and they come to a perfect length.

fuuu, I just did it wrong didn't I? Cause I bought 901 to 510 adapter and a 510 to 901, and it's giving my mkb a 24 hour morning wood kind of look. So i should purchase a 510 to 510 shorty adapter?

here's what it looks like with the 901 to 510, and a 510 to 901 adapter.
tumblr_mmel93nWvs1qzwdxao1_500.jpg

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Stormy's has the "Adapter for MKB-TS" in stock. On first glance it just looks like a big ego adapter. It does not look like it has a floating pin like the gg one. It says it's pin is "brass with chrome plating". Huh. Don't think I'm going to bother. I like the Ego adapter + no gold top cap for my Terminator setup. But if you like the gold platted cap it might be worth checking out. It's only 10 bucks....

XCypher

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Stormy's has the "Adapter for MKB-TS" in stock. On first glance it just looks like a big ego adapter. It does not look like it has a floating pin like the gg one. It says it's pin is "brass with chrome plating". Huh. Don't think I'm going to bother. I like the Ego adapter + no gold top cap for my Terminator setup. But if you like the gold platted cap it might be worth checking out. It's only 10 bucks....
Do ya remove the top cap o-ring or do ya leave it exposed to the elements?

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Well I'm still rocking my tuned up MKB-TS. I'm now on the single eGo adapter (sans center-pin) w/o gold top cap+o-ring - airflow working perfectly w/ Terminator. Using self made center pin. Brass-shim switch fix holding strong - not a single misfire for a week! Brass shimmed kick in sanded tube pushing the current very well on full blast, 3ohm 32g kandthal.

Now that I'm good at building the Term I feel like I've got a GG! I'm using a small 400 SS wrap over two cotton yarn wicks. Dual-Coil'd Kanthal. The flavor is AMAZING! Esp. w/ MKB's airflow - really marches well with juice control.

This MOD has really grown on me now that I've had it longer with the upgrades. It's so versatile! The adapter configuration actually adds functionality towards customization. Plus I'm not stressed about a stripped 510 connection on my precious MOD as the adapter takes the abuse & can be swapped out anytime.

I've also found the cheapy airflow control also avail' at Stormy's makes a good silver top cap. Looks like it belongs there. It's a great way to airflow control the Terminator Mini Dripping atty (looks better than I expected). The AF thingy adds that shoulder to the body of the MOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread