MKB-TS Mechanical Mod (GGTS Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
So I see the new adapter post at Stormy's. Can't see a reason to go for it because it looks to have a more-or-less fixed center post. Duh.

So using the new adapter would just keep the MKB's built-in center post protruding into the battery bay taking up valuable Kick real estate. Do the manufacturers even know what they are building? I swear they always miss the boat, just slightly, rushing to market. Maybe the adapter's center post can be taken out??? Then we could redeem the adjustable center post, which BTW to me is %100 required in today's mods - there are just too many variation in the 510 builds of atty's.

I was also surprised the new adapter would screw into the 510 threads of the MKB. Seems like the outer threading on the MKB's connector would have been a sturdier choice.

Has anyone been able to screw anything over the MKB's atty connection (not in the 510 part)? I haven't found anything that matches. This could be because I'm, 901/801/808/808D blah blah ignorant. I've tried to get a hold on these thread patterns, but I'm no longer buying stuff "just to find out". Really want to identify the thread pattern we have on the outside.

On the new adapters removable center post question, I'll wait for a braver guinea pig to step up with the $10.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Words can not describe just how much I like the GGTS connection vs 510
If I can get a hold of a few GGTS Oddy bases for my Terminators I'd be a happy camper

I'm hoping the Ithaka GGTS base + Basic Feeding nut I preordered will work as a base for my Term. If I have to make a custom post to make the connection in the collector tank then so be it. If it works then it's 26 bucks well spent. I guess I'll find out in a few months.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm hoping the Ithaka GGTS base + Basic Feeding nut I preordered will work as a base for my Term. If I have to make a custom post to make the connection in the collector tank then so be it. If it works then it's 26 bucks well spent. I guess I'll find out in a few months.
I guess that I should build one and see if it works as is, I will probably go the same route.
Here we go:
302923_599617336729161_1732285903_n.jpg

As is but I checked to see how much more the pin would extend and it was out all the way so another 3 mm, that should do it in most cases. I have a plastic washer between the bottom o-ring and the nut for positive wire, with that removed it just might do it(better). Looks good

Just to make sure everybody knows what it is, it's a Terminator v1 rebuildable part in an Ithaka GGTS base.
Ithaka basic feeding collar is required for it to fit.
This is a little to tall internally for a short mode setup because the mouthpiece can't open very far( it will still work though) but will be just fine with Terminator-C

Last edited:

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Whoa. I like you guys; not afraid to try ANYTHING. Did you notice this topic jumped up on viewing by like 3,000 in less than a week!?

Thanks dwcraig1 for the clarification. On second look I don't have any 901/808 adapters. No wonder - I thought 801 was compatible with those threads... guess not. Guess I should look into 901/801.

On the Ithaka, wondering if it's really a very bid advancement over an Oddy. That COV pre-order keeps lingering in my mind... Is this my one chance and I'm about to miss it? Should I be selling off family members to get the $195 together?

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
Whoa. I like you guys; not afraid to try ANYTHING. Did you notice this topic jumped up on viewing by like 3,000 in less than a week!?

Thanks dwcraig1 for the clarification. On second look I don't have any 901/808 adapters. No wonder - I thought 801 was compatible with those threads... guess not. Guess I should look into 901/801.

On the Ithaka, wondering if it's really a very bid advancement over an Oddy. That COV pre-order keeps lingering in my mind... Is this my one chance and I'm about to miss it? Should I be selling off family members to get the $195 together?

I got my Ithaka and yes give up one family member to get it you won't be sorry!

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Look what I just ordered... Really thought I was done spending on this unit, but I guess I'm officially an MKB-TS CLIENT now.

I just about fell out of my seat when I saw the updates at Vaportrend. If you haven't already seen 'em you're sure to be entertained. Sadly, us early adopters have missed our chance to have a UNIQUE SERIAL NUMBER! I can live w/o that, but now they've issued an MKB-TS w/ a gold plated spring! That hurt my feelings. I was also a little "buyer's remorsey" when I noticed they're bundling the MKB-TS w/ a Terminator & some junk for $138. To any newb's out there wanting to roll with the Mechani APV RBA NET crowd this is your chance! You can now dive in with one buy, unlike the rest of us who had to piece it all together.

They must be looking at the forums over in China now (after it's been censored of course). This may be the first time in my life I've witnessed China actually try to support a product aftermarket!

Here's the latest toy (got two in case of war)...
ggts-head-2.jpg

Oh, and picked up one of the new MKB-TS adapters @ $5.00 seemed like I should spit out another bill while the shipping man's doing his route anyway.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Last edited:

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
MKB-TS new top cap also fit with GGTS

Yeah, that's the place. Above is the link to the stealth cap clone. After my earlier post, went to 'Check Out' & bam $27.00 shipping! Had to drop the second cap, and tossed the MKB-TS adapter post - still settled with the single eGo adapter.

Glad to hear Ghost Modder is starting to ship. Of course that means lots of items are now out-of-stock, including the brass GG switch. As happy as I am to see a US company doing some good business, I'm still a little disturbed that I have no means to migrate from the stock switch.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
A little off topic but Vapourtrend also sells the iSeason (Adom clone). And what a coincidence it is also made by Rainbow Heaven. And another coincidence it also now comes with a gold plated spring lol. I wonder if it's the same one....

And that switch looks suspiciously familiar too.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
A little off topic but Vapourtrend also sells the iSeason (Adom clone). And what a coincidence it is also made by Rainbow Heaven. And another coincidence it also now comes with a gold plated spring lol. I wonder if it's the same one....

And that switch looks suspiciously familiar too.

It should be in the US soon I would suspect, I want the spring (don't know why though)

inganeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Missouri
The Iseason switch is very similar but not the same as the MKB. The MKB threads into the tube where the Iseason uses a nut on the back to hold into the mod. Haven't had a chance to see if they would interchange yet. It does have a gold spring but feels softer than the MKB spring.

I'll try to post some pics later when I get home from work.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the pics inganeer. The springs look a little different but boy does that battery post look the same. Would you mind checking if springs and buttons can be swaped? I don't know if spare parts are available for Iseason but so far I have not seen anybody selling parts for MKB and it might come in handy just to know...

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
  • B2L
  • Deleted by j0ker
  • Reason: Per OP request

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Must need to be verified to look at that co-op link, eh?
Thanks inganeer for the investigation & photos.
Well the readership keeps growing, and with it so does my hope for more MKB-TS product support. And rumored co-op purchases also may help the market in that direction.
As an owner of this MOD, I'm hoping they sell like crazy & an aftermarket wakes up.

Here's a curious statement located on the Vapourtrend WS:
========
OEM your idea.
If you got any new idea on atomizer, mod, battery, VapourTrend can make it for you.
Prices, MOQ, lead time please discuss by email: market@vapourtrend.com
========
How many other vendors are there that are offering manufacturing services? It's a little unusual. So if I were to guess, I'd say Rainbow Heaven and VapourTrend have a "relationship". Now, you'd have to be crazy to share a "new idea" with a Chinese manufacturing company. There could be a million copies built in China by the time you're prototype comes out of the 3D printer.

This still gives me an idea. Let's rally up requests to offer an MKB-TS magnetic switch upgrade (with an all brass body of course)!

Just thinking with this thread alone collecting over 5,000 viewings, Vaporjoes just reached 5,000,000 hits, and all the Euro forums where I can see talking about the MKB-TS in other languages. As consumers we may have market leverage we couldn't get before the Internet. We may be able to shape a future for this product.

It would be great if mentioned co-op would make a request for product, wave the money under the vendors' nose, then hold back until design flaws have been addressed.

I think this is called collective bargaining.
Am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread