Mod Idea - Need some input from the peanut gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
side_top-closed.jpg side_top-open.jpg front.jpg inside.jpg

What we have here is the outside casing from a bottle of Kat Von D perfume. My friend used it up and I fell in love with the skulls on the case, so I asked her if I could have it...her response, your gonna turn it into a mod aren't you!?! Well that is the idea. I think it would be perfect for either just a cosmetic mod or even a full blown one. It is a combination of chrome plated plastic and metal parts. I don't have measurements for you yet, but the inside well would fit a variety of batteries. I kept the button for the perfume atomizer, it fits inside the opening and is also chrome.

The question is, now what direction to go with this thing. Whatever happens I will document it so if anyone else wants to repeat the process you can do so. I am a tinkerer, not a modder, so this will either take me a while or I will have to get some help with it, but I want to see this thing rocking some vapor.

I do have the higher res shots of it I can post as well. Just want some input for now though.

Thanks!

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
would need dimensions. Looks like it could be fun, especially if you can get the guts to fit in it and maybe rig it with a charging circuit somewhere so you didn't have to take batteries out. It looks like it's going to be a PITA to make with replaceable batteries since theres really only one option for opening it without cutting the thing apart, which would be a shame. It is purdy ;)

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
I was thinking top fire, I still have the 'button' that goes in the top of the hole. It could be used as a base for the 510 threading, just have to worry about heat issues. I was thinking of keeping the flip top and maybe using it as the switch part. An on/off short timed switch maybe? Will try to get dimensions up tomorrow. The bottle I pulled out of it was not tiny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread