Mod Newby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
I use an Ego-T and it's not cutting it. I am confused about the different batts that are used in different mods.
What is the best, E-power, Roughstack, Silver Bullet, Infinity Pro, or the Buzz Pro? You can use 510 carto's and atty's on all of them right? Do I specifically need HV atty's for all of them, I just read that I need a LR atty for a siller bullet??? I dont understand, please explain this to me.. :) Thanks!

CloudCuckooMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2011
Nashville
www.reverbnation.com
I don't know much about the silver bullet myself but higher voltages do need higher ohm cartos yes. 3.0 ohm cartos work good at 5volts. The ohms of your atty/carto with the voltage you're vaping at determines the watts that is powering your vapor. So the 3.0's will also work with your E-power but they would just be cooler vapor. I used an Ego for a month and just switched to a Foxy Box Mod its variable voltage so I can use all different types of cartos/atty's and just raise or lower the voltage accordingly, and if a carto is too low ohm's and I try to fire it at a high voltage it automatically knows not to fire, then I can just turn it down a bit. It's not a fancy looking mod or anything but its very affordable and reliable.

i've seen people post charts around that show you about vaping different ohm's, volts and the watts they put out maybe someone would be kind enough to post it for you.

Last edited:

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
Found www.e-cigarettemods.com was very helpful.

Copper (Original Hex)

1x 14500 3.7V
2x CR2 6.0v

6 months

$53

Review

Visit supplier

Empire MOD

Transformable

DSE-901

Unconfirmed

$130

Review

Visit supplier

Helix

1x 26650 3.7V
1x 18650 3.7V
2x CR123A 6V

Joye 510

Unconfirmed

$120

Review

Visit supplier

ProVari

1x 18490 VV
1x 18500 VV
1x 18650 VV

Joye510

1 Year

$160

Review

Visit supplier

Provape-1

1x 14500 3.7V

510 or 901

Lifetime

$100

Review

Visit supplier

Precise 18650

1x 18650 3.7V
2x 16340 6V

Joye510

Lifetime

$160

Review

Visit supplier

Precise 16340

1x 16340 3.7V

Joye510

Lifetime

$140

Review

Visit supplier

Alpha

1x 14500 3.7V

Joye 510

6 months

$95

Review

Visit supplier

ePipeMods

1x 18350 3.7V
2x 16340 3.7V

Joye 510

Unknown

$150

Review

Visit supplier

Chuck

1x 18650 3.7V
2x CR123A 6.0V

510, 901, 801

Last edited:

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Well out of what you have listed..I'd likely go with the Infinity.
Got to understand there are a Lot of good mods available, and they are kinda like ejuice...everyones got their favs and the ones they hate. Once again there is NO Best, dispite what some fan boys will tell ya :p

Here answer a few Q's maybe we can narrow it down.
1. Price range your willing/able to spend ON just the mod? They vary from 30.00 to 200 plus....and you will have to buy another 30-40 in batteries and charger most mods dont come with.
2. Shape? Tube VS box is the main categorizes though there are some "Others"
3. Size? Want to be able to palm it? medium dont care? make it massive?

Course On the upside...most mods hold their value. So should you purchase one and it just isnt it for you...you Can resell it for little to no loss.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
I want to stick with tubes
Cost doesn't matter. But if there is no real benifit in buying a provari compared to one w/o a vv dial then whats the point?
Why do so many mods out there not have a vv dial? How to you choose your voltage with out a dial, just by changing out the batts? If that is the case, you may only go from 3.7v to 6v right on the non vv mods right, (just two options for voltage). ?
Size doesn't matter, I don't care if I am holding somthing huge! I just want it to work.
I was also wondering about the Tank cartos and what you to to smoke out of them, I dont get where the mouth piece is on those?

I also dont understand the point in getting a mod if it only goes to 3.7v's? Doesn't the 900mah ego batt vape at 3.2?? Is it just because it lasts longer?

Last edited:

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Provari does a lot more then just change voltage...it has a built in safety system for bad batteries and dumb user errors(like putting an LR atty while its set at 5.7V, mod wont fire so you wont kill your atty), checks your attys resistance in case you dont know, and check how much power is left in your battery.
Plus it has the LED screen that actually shows you all this info...some of the other VV's do none of the above, some only do a few And your guessing or having to pull out a multimeter to check voltage(PITA IMHO). (Darwin is the only other VV that does all that I believe though I may be wrong stuff changes. but that is why those to are more $$)

Why are not all mod VV...
VV is still a pretty new technology to ecig mods, and the chips making VV possible arnt that small and take up room inside the mod not all mods have the room to be adapted. Just for example in the provari the first two inches of the mod...is the chip and regulators, where my GLV SM..the entire length of the mod is about two inches So it wouldnt fit in there.
Plus not everyone feels the Need for it...plenty of folks are happy with their 3.7, 5 or 6v.
Also VV users will tell you...lot of em basically set their voltage and go with it. Not like it's in constant up n down use. Keep mine with a 510 carto at 5.2 basically all the time lol.
Changing between voltage on none VV mods..yes you change out the batteries. Like going from 2 16340s(6vs) to one 18650(3.7v). But only some mods can do this. Not all of them can accommodate different types of batteries.

Why not stick with eGo's..
There is a pretty big difference between 3.2 and 3.7...believe it or not. Plus being used to an eGoT...3.7 with a LR atty would be a massive difference. Those Tanks dont hit anywhere near as hard as attys let alone an LR.
AND personally what drove me into mods was the cost of batteries. All Batteries die..just a fact, they can only be recharged so often. eGos are around 10-15.00 a battery...mod batteries are 2 to 10.00 a battery.

Tank cartos/tank mods there is a hole that a 510 drip tip will fit into for the mouth piece, if it doesnt include one already like the lava tanks.

lol did I get it all?

Last edited:

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
Provari does a lot more then just change voltage...it has a built in safety system for bad batteries and dumb user errors(like putting an LR atty while its set at 5.7V, mod wont fire so you wont kill your atty), checks your attys resistance in case you dont know, and check how much power is left in your battery.
Plus it has the LED screen that actually shows you all this info...some of the other VV's do none of the above, some only do a few And your guessing or having to pull out a multimeter to check voltage(PITA IMHO). (Darwin is the only other VV that does all that I believe though I may be wrong stuff changes. but that is why those to are more $$)

Why are not all mod VV...
VV is still a pretty new technology to ecig mods, and the chips making VV possible arnt that small and take up room inside the mod not all mods have the room to be adapted. Just for example in the provari the first two inches of the mod...is the chip and regulators, where my GLV SM..the entire length of the mod is about two inches So it wouldnt fit in there.
Plus not everyone feels the Need for it...plenty of folks are happy with their 3.7, 5 or 6v.
Also VV users will tell you...lot of em basically set their voltage and go with it. Not like it's in constant up n down use. Keep mine with a 510 carto at 5.2 basically all the time lol.
Changing between voltage on none VV mods..yes you change out the batteries. Like going from 2 16340s(6vs) to one 18650(3.7v). But only some mods can do this. Not all of them can accommodate different types of batteries.

Why not stick with eGo's..
There is a pretty big difference between 3.2 and 3.7...believe it or not. Plus being used to an eGoT...3.7 with a LR atty would be a massive difference. Those Tanks dont hit anywhere near as hard as attys let alone an LR.
AND personally what drove me into mods was the cost of batteries. All Batteries die..just a fact, they can only be recharged so often. eGos are around 10-15.00 a battery...mod batteries are 2 to 10.00 a battery.

Tank cartos/tank mods there is a hole that a 510 drip tip will fit into for the mouth piece, if it doesnt include one already like the lava tanks.

lol did I get it all?

Wow this pretty much answered all of the questions I ever had, I now understand it!!!
Thank you so much, you should be a teacher! With this insight, I think I will purchase with the Provari. This was sooo helpful!!
What mod do you love vaping out of as an expierenced vaper? Is the 510 carto your fave?
Thank you!

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
My favorite's an ego type B atty, and I think I've tried them all (total lie). But it seems true that tanks, clears, etc. don't hit as well as a good atty, and in my experience nothing hits as well as a type B, since I'm not really into dripping. You will need an ego adapter for use on a Provari, but these only cost a couple of bucks. Well worth the investment.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
My favorite's an ego type B atty, and I think I've tried them all (total lie). But it seems true that tanks, clears, etc. don't hit as well as a good atty, and in my experience nothing hits as well as a type B, since I'm not really into dripping. You will need an ego adapter for use on a Provari, but these only cost a couple of bucks. Well worth the investment.

REally? I am using an ego tank and I think it sucks.. I cant stand the inconsistandy and mess.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Wow this pretty much answered all of the questions I ever had, I now understand it!!!
Thank you so much, you should be a teacher! With this insight, I think I will purchase with the Provari. This was sooo helpful!!
What mod do you love vaping out of as an expierenced vaper? Is the 510 carto your fave?
Thank you!

Glad I could help :D
I currently have and have pretty much settled on the provari and two GLV's, a 5v and the SM. my one and only blog post
( <- over there) lists what I've owned. Basically the provari and super mini are with me all the time.
Like 510 cartos on higher voltages(5 plus) and 510 LR attys on lower (3.7-4). Found I get good flavor out of the cartos that way and a better TH out of the attys.

Should keep in mind Mods are a personal thing. What I like you might not, what we both like someone else might not as well ect.

Only thing I really dislike about the provari is the color...I Like bright funky colors and personalization, as of right now they dont offer that.
The weight is another downside to it, but you get used to it. It's a Heavy mod compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread