Mod not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
So i wanted to get a mech beater and since i love my Mages i got myself Another Mage Mech from Coilart. It hits quite good and it looks nice.

Now to the problem, the new one does not fire. At all. I got paranoid when first trying it and it didnt fire when i pushed the button so i ripped out the battery and left it for a good hour. However, i decided to test all components to troubleshoot what was going on.

I put the atty from the new mod on to the old mod and it fired right up, using the same battery. So it´s not the battery and it´s not the atty. I pulled apart the button on the new one and cleaned it out along with all the threads on both the tube and the button. Still nothing.

There is no rattle when i put the battery in and tighten the button but i just wont fire. Since i don´t wanna turn into statistics i won´t fk with it anymore Before getting some advice. Here´s some specs for ya´ll;

24mm copper tube and Atty
510 hybrid (no topcap, solid mod)
Springloaded selfadjusting insulator on the button
Delrin(?) insulator inside of the tube
Magnetic button instead of a spring
Ceracoated black

Any ideas?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Somewhere, it is not making a solid contact with the battery, or it is in the switch.

That's basically all it could be.

My guess without seeing the mod is the
Bottom insulator is preventing the switch from making contact.

Easy diagnosis would be to swap out the switch with your other Mage.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Somewhere, it is not making a solid contact with the battery, or it is in the switch.

That's basically all it could be.

My guess without seeing the mod is the
Bottom insulator is preventing the switch from making contact.

Easy diagnosis would be to swap out the switch with your other Mage.

Switching the buttons was my first plan, however, they are not compatia...compatie...computa...they dont fit eachother.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
I'd still bet the lower derlin insulator is too tall and not allowing the switch to complete the circuit.

The bottom delrin insulater is springloaded and the button throw is dependant on how much you unscrew it. I unscrewed it to the max and it still wont fire. I´m just gonna head on into the Place i bought it from first thing monday :)

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Check for clear-coat on the threads. Its happened to me, way to much-clear coat.

Way to much. And yea, i checked. I Went over the threads a couple of times and cleaned them all out along with the rest of the mod. I´m actually just about to head in to the shop were i bought the device. So let´s see what they say.

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Allright then. I´m back from the B&M were i bought the mod and here´s what it was. There is two different models of the Mage Mech and i own both, one is ceracoated black and one is stabwood/resin. My resin version works like a charm and hits like a truck but this didn´t work. Appearntly they have gone a bit overboard with the ceracoat and coated some of the threads on the button wich made it not connect aswell or at all as intended.

So if you pick one up be sure to check your threads for that coating and gently rub it off the threads. Mine has been cleaned and buffed on the threads on the button and it hits even harder than the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread