Mod with built-in power curve setting (On device setting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeq10

Aug 31, 2017
Hi Guys, thanks for stoping by and hope this thread finds you well.

Not sure whether any other forum member has post this topic before (If yes, sorry in advance)

I'm currently using Semi mecha mod (Tesla invader 3) and I'm thinking of getting a new mod with power curve setting.

Giving my current situation, I narrow down my choice to two choices, either Smoant Charon 218TC or Voopoo drag.
Both of has a pros and cons, i like charon because of the constant firing but lack of On device curve setting, on the other hand Drag provide on device curve setting but firing speed wise (Based on YouTube review) smoant still win, so kinda tough choice (And Drag is lower on maximum watt limit as well)

Perhaps i might get some advice from the senior forum member or anyone who has a better understanding than me (Started vaping about 5 month, YEAYYYY)

Anyway hope this message could be understood, Eng is not my native language...

Cheers guys!

Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats on switching to vaping and welcome to ECF. I'm not sure if the Tesla III has a User setting, which allows you to dial in your own power curve? The Steampunk does, so I wonder if that one does, though I don't own that mod.

I think that if you have a strong preference for one or the other, you should get it, since you can get either of these mods functioning similarly-- since you state Smoant's firing speed should be good enough for you. I personally prefer the looks of the Voopoo but I think they are both excellent mods that I don't hear a ton of complaints about at all.

Best of luck in your selection, and I'm sure the Invader will make a great backup mod, so you won't lose anything here. If you do have a strong preference, go with that I think, that's what I tend to do with my mods and I haven't been disappointed. How I feel about a mod always seems to make a difference, and why, I have no idea, but I have found that going not simply based on performance only but also what I think I will (personally) enjoy always makes for a better tasting vape.

Good luck with your next mod, I'm sure folks will be along with more information who've actually owned these....

Anna

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Good looking mod with nice features for under $50. Have you used one.

I wasn't planning on a new mod but now I have to do some research.

Yes I do have one & will most likely get another during the holiday sales. I picked it up to power my Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA. I am really pleased and impressed with the quality, options & performance. I have used the Aspire NX75-A for quite awhile & really like it. Seeing Daniel's review, sealed the deal, so I decided to get his "big brother"... :D

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Smoant Charon TS is a great mod and does both curves(power&temp) on the device.
It’s the big reason I got the TS touchscreen Charon verses the regular Charon tc. It’s a great mod if you wouldn’t mind a touchscreen mod. I can see how that would scare some folks away but it seems pretty tough. I haven’t dropped it on concrete or blacktop, but have dropped it inside on carpet without a problem. Good luck and I hope this finds you well.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
You can't go wrong with a Smoant device. When I ended up with a drawer full of broken mods I researched carefully before purchasing anything new. I started with the Smoant battlestar because I absolutely could not find any bad reviews. I have 2 of those and love them, but I like the style of the new Smoant Charon 218 TC and I ended up with 3 and I love them too. Well Built quality devices

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Most Vaporesso VW mods have Omni boards with CCW (customized curve of wattage) and CCT (customized curve of temperature) and the curves can be set on the device.

As far as firing time, I never really pay attention since I have an extra 500 milliseconds to wait for the coil to heat up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread