Modding the Noisy Cricket for easy battery removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriahJay

Jul 4, 2014
Texas
I've had taken a hiatus from mech mods when I purchased the smok X Cube II. Six months down the road, the chip fried, and I bought a Noisy Cricket. My first impressions of using it was basically, great little mech, but if something goes wrong, I'm going to be in a world of trouble trying to get those batteries out. About three weeks later, it happened. I'm driving home from the store when I notice the switch feels loose. I start to try to screw it back in when the plastic part and the spring pop off, dropping the battery contact part onto the battery, causing it to autofire with no way to stop it. Long story short, I throw it on the floor board and had to unscrew the bottom plate to get the batteries out when I got home.

It got me thinking that the bottom plate could be modded some how to make battery removal a hell of a lot better. My first thought was to replace the screws with some magnets, but I would think that the see-saw plate with the batteries installed would just push the plate off. My second thought is to install some sort of clamp that runs from top to bottom to hold the plate on, but I would think would cause you to not be able to sit the mod down in an upright position.

Anybody have any ideas about how to go about this?

Note* As a safety precaution, I have added Loctite to the switch to try to avoid this problem in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread