moderate the comments in the info zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolo_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Strawberry Fields
I went there and although the articles are great the comments are not. There is someone saying they vape flavorless 100mg 100% VG
and saying it is not harmful. This info zone could be bad/harmful for newbies to read without moderation of comments

Here is the article
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/infozone/how-much-nicotine-e-cigarettes

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Yes - noted - and thank you.

My real name is Chris Price and my handle on the Disqus comment system is ChrisPrice4. I have commented there in detail on this issue, and it is being discussed scientifically.

There are many people, who you may have seen posting about it here on ECF, who vape 3mg, 4mg or 6mg. Some of them cannot chain-vape 6mg and some cannot vape 12mg at all without unpleasant symptoms of over-consumption. Equally, I personally know several who vape 60mg (and who have to vape @6% in order to stay off cigarettes). We have demonstrated fairly conclusively in ECF that there is *at least* a factor-10 difference in individual tolerance to nicotine.

This information cannot be found anywhere else in the medical community.

Assuming that he is being honest, the commenter under discussion is an outlier in terms of nicotine tolerance but in no way an impossibility. If some can only vape 3 or 4mg, and some have to vape 60mg, then an individual who consumes 100mg is easily possible.

We vapers - and especially here at ECF due to the immense volume of feedback on nicotine and smoking-related topics - are right at the forefront of knowledge on these topics. You cannot find this information anywhere else. There is no equivalent to be found *anywhere else* for our article/post on the Symptoms of Smoking Cessation and Switching to an E-Cigarette in the Health section. Please also read E-Cigarette Politics where I have discussed some of these topics at more length. Nicotine Myths is a good start.

I do appreciate concerns about newcomers thinking that unusual consumption patterns are normal, but I think they will be quickly dissuaded were they to try this. Prof Hajek tells us firmly that over-consumption is unpleasant but not harmful, and a wealth of new information is now being published that illustrates this quite well.

In fact, it is possible to accurately state that whatever you thought you knew about nicotine is probably wrong. It is far less toxic than was previously promulgated, for example. People routinely survive ingestion of 1,000 or 1,500mg with no lasting ill-effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread