The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

moderators, administrators, member ranks, etc?

Discussion in 'Forum How-To's' started by joe555, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    "Actually, I am the Forum Manager. I'm the guy who helps to keep the forums running. Rolygate is the Site Manager. He is the "big boss", and the one who chews me out when I "accidentally" ban people just because they have an avatar with an overly large tongue."

well, couldn't you "accidentally" get the overly large tongue back over here?
    i mean, now that you had your own thread in the women's room, you should be in a festive mood, lol!!!!!
    booked out till xmas, right????

2. JerryRM

JerryRM ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Tib, I believe the MM left of his own accord. He will come back if and when he wants to. If you look at his posts, before he went away, he has the large licking tongue as his avatar.

3. Hoppyy

Hoppyy Moved On

Hi, I would very much like to know how supporting members go about applying for "custom titles"

Col forgetful
    Master of Forgetfulness
    Col Pappy

any of the above would be fine.

4. progg

progg Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2010
    I think this is what you mean---Settings > (In the My Settings column on the left)Edit Profile>(below second heading down) Custom User Title

Give it a go.

5. Bovinia

Bovinia Divine Bovine ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    Central CT
    How do supporting members get their purple name? I haven't found any way to change it in my settings. TIA

6. tiburonfirst

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    i believe that comes with veteran status - if i'm right then you'll be purple in july

7. JerryRM

I don't know if it changed, but supporting members got purple, whether they were veterans or not. You should check with Angus, Bovinia, I don't think you should still be blue.

8. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    Central CT
    Thank you Jerry. I PM'd Elendil after I posted here and he said he'd look into it, but as you can see I'm still blue. I'm thinking it just never got fixed after the forum upgrade. We have a ton of supporting members who's names are still blue and I think it would look much more encouraging to see supporters purple names on the "who is online" area at the bottom of the main page :)

9. JerryRM

Bovinia, at one time, regular members were blue, supporting members purple and veterans were burgundy. Supporting veterans were purple.

From what I can tell, it got changed around a few months ago. Regular members and non-supporting veterans are blue, supporting members are purple and supporting veterans are either purple or burgundy.

10. Timtam

Timtam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
    Australia
    Go Here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups And identify yourself as a Supporting Member.

11. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    Central CT
    Thank you Tim, Angus PM'd me the link a little while ago :)

12. JerryRM

...and you are purple now, Bovinia. :thumb:

13. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    Central CT
    Yessir I sure am! I did tell Angus to bonk you on the head for giving him extra work to do tho [​IMG]

14. JerryRM

Angus bonking me on the head is nothing new, Bovinia. [​IMG]

15. JerryRM

Bovinia, in July you become a veteran, so you will have the burgundy choice too. Come and say hello in the pre veteran thread and you will get a welcome thread in the veterans forum, when you turn. :thumb:

16. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    Central CT
    Jerry, thank you for the invite! I'll have to pop in there and introduce myself.

Since you're the official Instigator I figured Angus keeps a rolled up newspaper aimed at you most of the time!

17. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Mines been this color for a long time..

18. tiburonfirst

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    aaah, the good old days when changes happened automatically, lol

19. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    If I am interested in being a moderator of a Vendor's forum, how do I go about it. Do I ask the Big Boys or do I ask the forum supplier?

20. Timtam

Timtam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2009
    Australia
    Ask the supplier first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.