1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

modified single coil to fit aero / protank 3 ...

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by doortech9, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. doortech9

doortech9 Full Member

(Reposting from new members forum with new privelages)So ive been reading alot about the proprietary bdc pt3 heads and the general concensus is an unhappily mixed one. Seems like a few folks would rather use the more easily rebuilt pt2 heads in the pt3 and aerotank, but the seal height will not allow. So I was thinking, and came up with this.... It is just a quick throwtogether, but it works. Using 2 extra seals ive stacked them up to reach the tube height and inverted the top.. Ive been vaping on it for about an hour and no leaking into the tube or bottom section (aerotank). Im sure this modification could be improved, instead of a seal sandwiched inbetween the top and bottom seals maybe a piece of surgical tubing, or the current setup with some heat shrink to reinforce it a bit. I find the single coil performs quite well in the aero, especially with the cotton rewicked t3s head I kludged in there. Im pretty excited! Im sure im not the first one to make this interchange work but I haven't seen it yet...

Attached Files:

2. Deofol

Deofol Full Member

Good idea, simple solution.

3. chainvapor

chainvapor Moved On ECF Veteran

I just wanted to post and say modifying the single coil is not needed. I have a single coil in my protank 3 with no modifications and it works just fine with no leaks. I do not know why it doesn't leak since it is not sealed on the center post, but it does't leak a drop!! Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know it works. Again, I have no idea why it doesn't leak but mine has not. 2 weeks now with no leaks.......standard kanger single coil with no mods.

CV

4. vjdossey

vjdossey Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just ordered my pt3 minis... Feel like I read somewhere that regular kanger heads t3s work in the kanger pt3 just not vice versa. I can't find that post again. So either, I was dreaming up that idea or, its lost. Can anyone say wether or not this is true?

5. Andyhrn

Andyhrn Super Member ECF Veteran

The single coil heads works absolutely fine on Aero tank. No modification needed. I'm using 1.8ohm singles and haven't noticed any difference except battery lasts longer.

6. revc

revc Full Member Verified Member

Which coils are you using?

7. Garemlin

Garemlin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They really need to make it easier (and cheaper) for the end user. One head. A reliable one. Single or dual coil for use in many different style tanks. Keep it simple and quit making people have a stock of as many different heads as they do tanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.