Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
It is not even close to obsolete in my world. dna 40 is everything I need and more.

Definitely SOLETE in MY world as well.

And a +1 on the XVOschtick as THE best of the styles you've made, Mini ecig. :toast:

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Hehe, yea I get the DNA40 still meets most peoples needs, it does meet my needs also most of the time (90% of my vaping is at 13w in wattage mode LOL).
But although it's a nice chipset it does lag behind both in price and performance compared to the current chipsets. No TCR, only Ni200 in TC, no firmware upgrade, and 40watts is pretty low end compared to what is out there right now. Even compared to mods that only cost $25.

So not a chipset I would put in a high end (and expensive) device anymore. For this price most people expect more. (even if they don't use it LOL).
So I fully understand the switch to more modern chipsets, and I am happy about it.

I also think it a counterfit remedy, as the current DNA40 chipset is cloned big time, which makes counterfitting the current model too easy (which we all have seen, and probably hurt the sales of the Xvo big time, which could also be a reason to discontinue it).
It would be a lot harder to counterfit the Yihi chipset (at least I have seen no clones off those yet, even of the older yihi chipsets).

I just sincerly hope they will also produce a mod with a smaller chipset that has a smaller form factor....if it could be even smaller than the Xvostick I am all for it!! The Ystick is a bit bulky, and the Xvostick form factor is just perfect.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
Chels finished assembling of the first sample of the YStick and prepared a review. He shows it in use: in both right and left hands, different grips.

You'll see the connector, the buttons with nice clicky sound and internals of the mod.

Video: YStick by MiniEcig

ProYStick is also in progress. Bodies are ready, see more photos on our site.

pys_13.jpg

We recommend Merkava atomizer for YStick and ProYStick. Chels optimized the production and you can buy it for only $50.

The last batch is completely sold out but we plan a new batch.

Please subscribe for Merkava stock updates so that we know how many items to produce.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Not LittleDonkey, but my account has been updated to the 20th for the ProY

where do you find that info? Can't located it under "my orders" or "my account".
And could you relate your order number to see if mine is after or before? :) (mine is 6105)

edit: oh now I see you ordered the ProY...I ordered the normal Y's

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I didn't order one, but I'm sure getting excited for you, Dru!

Thanks Kat! Also getting excited....very curious how the device will feel in the hand.

Bit weird that there is an update on the ProYsticks (at least the descrtiption with the pictures mentions it's the Proysticks that have been anodized) but not on the Ysticks...it was my understanding that the regular Ysticks were being produced first....so that would imply they already have been anodized......any comments on this @LittleDonkey??

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
Looking good @LittleDonkey! But I guess the 11th april shipping date won't be met (obviously :) )......can we count on the 26th shipping? (or maybe a little sooner for the first batch LOL :) )
The shipment of the first batch of YSticks is started, and the next batch will be ready by the end of this month. We were going to ship it earlier but we had some problems with the chips.
ProYSticks were slightly delayed at anodizing and the first batch will be ready next week, 20 of April. We have informed ProYStick buyers about this delay.
I am very sorry for delay, we do our best to ship orders as soon as possible but we prefer to delay rather then ship bad quality products.

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com
Thanks Kat! Also getting excited....very curious how the device will feel in the hand.

Bit weird that there is an update on the ProYsticks (at least the descrtiption with the pictures mentions it's the Proysticks that have been anodized) but not on the Ysticks...it was my understanding that the regular Ysticks were being produced first....so that would imply they already have been anodized......any comments on this @LittleDonkey??

You are right, YSticks were anodizied first, and the shipment was started yesterday.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Thanks for the support @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 :D!! Unfortunatly no shipping news yet :(
As they started shipping 5 days ago...I am wondering if I made first batch...I should certainly hope so, as I still had the very first $159 offer.....guess we'll wait and see ;) If no news next week, I'll drop them a mail, not that I'm impatient...ooh noo :blush:
Hope they ship next week so they can arrive before I have to leave to your end of the world....(going to the States (Madison Wisconsin) on a business trip the 8th of may :), see how things are going in your neck of the Woods LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread