Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Chels finished assembling of the first sample of the YStick and prepared a review. He shows it in use: in both right and left hands, different grips.

Any word on when the ProYStick is going to ship? I haven't received an update and last we heard the shipping date was supposed to be 4/20.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Yea, I'm in the same boat. Ysticks were supposed to ship 11 days ago, but no word, so I send them a mail last week.
Let me say communication was pretty quick and smooth so that at least seems indeed to have improved :)

However unfortunately I probably missed first batch (weird since I ordered almost on day 1). According to the mail conversation I had the last first batch units of the Ystick will be send in the next few days, so still hoping :) But second batch shipment was also supposed to start next week, so not sure what to think.

It would be my guess (but just a guess) that the dates stated are dates they get the units back from the andozing processs, and they then start assembly and ship out units once assembled, so the dates stated are not the actually shipping dates. But like I said that's just the impression I got.
They did state they had some issues with some of the production units, and they are weeding out the bad units, so this may lead to a delay in fullfilling orders.
I must agree with them that sending out good units is priority one, so if I have to wait a week extra that's ok with me. I just hope it won't turn into the same story as with the Xvosticks where delays where quite a bit longer.

For now I just keep an eye on my order and hoping the assembly/shipping gods will be in our corner for once LOL :)

Last edited:

Down-Time

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2016
Colorado, USA
I know some of you have been waiting on items much longer than I have so this is purely a question out of curiosity and being unfamiliar with this company and EcoPost.

I ordered a MicroStick on 4/18/2016 which was advertised as in stock. My order page has since showed, "accepted for shipping."

I'm used to in-stock items being shipped within 24 - 48 hours of sale.

Does "in stock" not mean the same in Israel as it does in the USA (in stock = ready to ship)?

I emailed the company yesterday and they have not replied but I do realize it's the weekend and really don't anticipate one until tomorrow.

What has been your experience with this company and shipping via EcoPost?

Thank you!

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Down, for some time, many of us had some severe issues with communications with Mini. From the latest posts tho, they are definitely doing better at speeding up their communications.

Here's hoping you hear back from then soon!

Sorry, but I know nothing about EcoPost. :blink:

Reactions: DPLongo22

vpsi333

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
near Birmingham Al
Got my ProYstick today. Still getting used to it. I'll post some pictures later.
Please do. Haven't seen any pix of the finished ProYsticks yet. Was starting to think they had some problems during final assembly.
Also please let us know your first impressions

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
3muwPft.jpg

U9q4ioZ.jpg

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
So pretty much my initial impressions are that I like it, but it's quite a bit different from the Xvostick.

1) It's not the perfect sneak-in-your-hand mod like the Xvostick, but it's also got a 26650 and in my opinion a better chip, so it's going to be larger.

2) I find it more comfortable to hold it with my index finger resting on the button. Holding it with my thumb on the button feels like my thumb has to stretch a little bit.

3) My 26650 batteries aren't here yet, so can't comment on that. It comes with an 18650-to-26650 sleeve though, which works fine.

4) I feel like the Xvostick has a superior finish in terms of anodizing, but they both look great.

5) Battery cap still comes with machine marks, sigh.

6) SX chip, woohoo! Really appreciate the capability over the dna40, but that's me.

So really what I would think is important is how does it compare to my other mods. It's a nice looking mod, but slightly unwieldily given it's size. However, they did a pretty good job of making it fit in the hand. Overall, for what I paid I'm happy. It looks nicer than my SX Mini (even before it got attacked by my keychain), will probably last a lot longer my battery-guzzling dna 200 boxer (which I don't like much because of the chip), and dealing with a single 26650 battery is easier than paired 18650s.

So I see myself using it a lot in the future, not so much when I need a sneaky mod like the Xvostick, but rather when I'm going to be out of the house for awhile or need something that the DNA40 doesn't do well. The only other mod I'd consider at this price range that I might like would probably be the Boxer 26650 mod, but it's a wholly different design.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
@Yozhik gratz on receiving it!!
Yea it's a pretty big mod, that's why I ordered the 18650 model. But even that one is right on the edge size wise for me.
The transition to the bump where the chip is seems alot smoother than on the original photo's, did they alter that, are is it just the picture that makes it seem so?

Strange they got the ProYstick out first, haven't heard of anyone who received their Ystick yet.
Still haven't heard from them on my shipping neither.
It's now almost 3 weeks behind on what they told initially.
I'm getting a bit impatient, as this seems like the Xvostick delays all over again. I'll give them another 2 weeks max (depend how impatient I'll get LOL) and although I rather have my 2 ysticks, if still no shipping I think I'll cancel and get me a Moonraker or BilletBox instead...

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yea it's a pretty big mod, that's why I ordered the 18650 model. But even that one is right on the edge size wise for me.
The transition to the bump where the chip is seems alot smoother than on the original photo's, did they alter that, are is it just the picture that makes it seem so?

Strange they got the ProYstick out first, haven't heard of anyone who received their Ystick yet.
I'm getting a bit impatient, as this seems like the Xvostick delays all over again. I'll give them another 2 weeks max (depend how impatient I'll get LOL) and although I rather have my 2 ysticks, if still no shipping I think I'll cancel and get me a Moonraker or BilletBox instead...

Definitely around the firing button it's more of a curved surface, not the sharp edges shown in the photo.

Also, I paid for the highest level of shipping. I thought that would take 7~10 days, but it ended up only taking 2 or 3.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Oh Dru. :(

I'm getting feelings that are quite reminiscent of the days of the no communication over the Xvos. :( I'm so sorry you're going thru this. And @LittleDonkey, I don't understand why there is this lack of communication with such avid supporters of your products? In truth, this really angers me.

Le sigh.

Dru, I don't know much if anything about the Moonraker, but I do have several B Boxes, and they ARE outstanding. (I have a few of the BB3s and a BB4.)

Communication and CS with the company (BBV) is also top-notch -- beyond top-notch. Just FYI.

@Katdarling, after no response from my email last Saturday using the website contact form, last night I sent another email by replying to my purchase receipt they emailed me. I received a response in less than 24 hours.

They will be shipping it May 1st.

Congrats, Down. I do hope we'll be seeing pics soon! :)

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I did send a mail yesterday and got a pretty quick response, so communications so far is fine, although it would have been even better if they had contacted me about the delays.
Unfortunalty however not the news I was hoping for.
They stated they will receive a new batch back from anodizing monday, they than still have to assemble and test it before shipping, so I guess it will be at least another week (or 2?) before shipping.
They did say my order would be in this batch and one of the first to ship, yes I should hope so.....

Well next week I'll be going on a business trip, I'll give them till I get back to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread