Mods by Chels - mini-ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
What I want to know is why there is an ongoing history of micro USB charging port fails. Moreover, is there a fix for it. Having the same inability to charge by USB on Two different devices in a row defies the statistical odds. [emoji90]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

My guess is that dna sent them a bad batch of charging ports. I think this is just the nature of the beast when it comes to circuit board assembly lines. If you combine that with limited run mods like the ones we buy from Chels, there isn't enough made for a clear anomaly to show up.

I do know that microtools will take care of you, though shipping it back to Israel is inconvenient.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
My guess is that DNA sent them a bad batch of charging ports. I think this is just the nature of the beast when it comes to circuit board assembly lines. If you combine that with limited run mods like the ones we buy from Chels, there isn't enough made for a clear anomaly to show up.

I do know that microtools will take care of you, though shipping it back to Israel is inconvenient.

No need on something like this. I recently came into possession of a couple DNA40 boards and I think I'm just going to swap them out. I'm just curious if it was a pcb /hardware problem or an installation issue that I can avoid.

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
No need on something like this. I recently came into possession of a couple DNA40 boards and I think I'm just going to swap them out. I'm just curious if it was a pcb /hardware problem or an installation issue that I can avoid.

You shouldn't have to swap the whole DNA board out, just the charging port board. Schematic can be found on DNA website.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
You shouldn't have to swap the whole DNA board out, just the charging port board. Schematic can be found on DNA website.

Even more of a concern, I have heard recently of at least two more instances of micro usb failures on the XvoSticks and that is just not right. This is obviously a known issue on the vendors part which to date has not been addressed by Chel and that alone annoys me more than a little bit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Even more of a concern, I have heard recently of at least two more instances of micro usb failures on the XvoSticks and that is just not right. This is obviously a known issue on the vendors part which to date has not been addressed by Chel and that alone annoys me more than a little bit.

And for clarity, it's two instances, but four units (we each have two). :unsure:

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
golfer-yelling-fore-cartoon.gif

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I watched bits of his video. It left me chilled, so as much as I'd LIKE to comment....... no can do.

Too many parts for this little head.

(but now I may have to force myself to watch it again, just to answer your question!) :D

Ya sold me! Now I've GOT to watch it!!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
vpsi, thank you (for the inspiration to watch this again). It's not that bad, actually! It has some nice features (the air flow always being in the right position for the coil, for example).

I'm curious tho....... in what way(s) does it remind you of the Ego T?

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread