Mods by Chels - mini-ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
SMH. Sorry guys, but it's just unbelievable.

Few posts above he showed XvoSticks and said batch goes out in 4 weeks, that would be next Sunday. So we already knew that the original estimated 45 days for production was ambitious. Remember he is simultaneously doing a XvoStick batch, a Merkava batch and a Microstick batch.

You know this is just a guy who makes a couple hundred mods and atties in his spare time? It's not joyetech or Kanger with a dedicated factory rolling out 10000 devices every week.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You know this is just a guy who makes a couple hundred mods and atties in his spare time? It's not Joyetech or Kanger with a dedicated factory rolling out 10000 devices every week.

I respectfully disagree. We know the situation there. In fact the mini-ecig stuff (xvosticks and merks etc) is a small proportion of a much broader spectrum of work that minitools does as a custom machine shop. In this case, mini-ecig has changed it's business model to take a lot of pre-orders (read cash up front) and then make this stuff when they get around to it. 35-45 days should have been more than enough time to get batches out of the door and if they thought they would need even more time, they should have said so. A deal is a deal and from my viewpoint, they have failed to deliver on it.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There's really no excuse for an actual business to take money up front and drag their feet getting products out the door. I can see it with a gifted machinist working out of his basement to get some unicorn mods out to buyers....But let's face it...Minitools has been around long enough to do better.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I ordered Xvostick and Merkava on 4/18, no shipping notification yet...although I've come to always expect delays with pre-orders so not surprised. Not saying it's right, just that I'm not surprised.

I'm also waiting on my Boxer Mech squonk which has been pushed back three times now.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Perhaps, @LittleDonkey, it might be somewhat "better" to let customers know just how long a pre-order will take. I didn't order, but I can certainly see the frustration that would happen due to a lack of communication.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My Xvo60's are shipped now :D

I haven't even decided what batteries or atties I will use with these yet!

Maybe more important to decide first which devices to retire to make space in the vape cupboard.

If you need any help, I've got some space... ;)

Can't wait to see the new babies! :thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Mine are in the delivery van, but I got hit with €23.17 customs duty! Postie always want exact change, cash only. It's 2017 ... I should be able to just tap my phone to his to pay, or pay it beforehand in an app or something :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding me!

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Mine are in the delivery van, but I got hit with €23.17 customs duty! Postie always want exact change, cash only. It's 2017 ... I should be able to just tap my phone to his to pay, or pay it beforehand in an app or something :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Merk arrived. Its a v5!

First impressions:
1. Still some machine oil, at least the taset is there even after i cleaned it but no biggie.
2. the machining is very good indeed. The chimney thread is a bit crunchy but the threading is quite fine and im sure it will wear in.
3. looks cute in it's natural xvostick environment!
4. The deck is really cool but forgot to take a pic...will do it next time!
5. the af reducers are really good. The 1.4mm is a tight draw even for me so might try the 1.7 mm next time. Have a 27g NiFe48 in there and its a wee bit warm but nice nonetheless!
6. Gap between the top cap and the tank is a bit OCD-inducing but I'll live with it.
7. The bayonet top fill is genius!

So far (ie about 20 minutes) i really like it. I liked the v1 but they have solved all of the issues with that and this is now a very, very good RTA!!!! Well done Chels and the crew!!!!

IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread