Not open for further replies.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
@LittleDonkey And since ya might be answering questions, I was curious if you guys offer a refurbishment service. My Xvostick has been very well used over it's lifetime and its starting to show. The unit needs a detailed inspection of the 510 connector, micro USB port (yea, mine is from the batch that shipped with the dead MUSB port), wiring, and seals. Normally I would just handle the work myself but the sealing/seal(s), IMHO, should always be done by the manufacturer if possible. :)

I'll take the short answer (Yes or No) to make it easy on yaz :D

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@LittleDonkey And since ya might be answering questions, I was curious if you guys offer a refurbishment service. My Xvostick has been very well used over it's lifetime and its starting to show. The unit needs a detailed inspection of the 510 connector, micro USB port (yea, mine is from the batch that shipped with the dead MUSB port), wiring, and seals. Normally I would just handle the work myself but the sealing/seal(s), IMHO, should always be done by the manufacturer if possible. :)

:thumb: :Like: :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, I'll do just that. :)

Is this for the regular Xvo, Jim, or one of those that you can't remove the 510 plate? I just clean mine regularly and they're both running like tops (knock on head).

I guess my question is, do they need to be "refreshed" by MINI? If so, I should consider the option (Kitty too).

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
The only reason I was going to send it over instead of doing the work myself was the seals/sealing that needs to be done. I could seal the unit as well but it would never be as good as the factory could do it. If they are not willing to do the re-sealing work it will be staying on this blessed US soil [emoji631][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Typically you wouldn't. Reason I have to is cause I broke the case open to work on the 510. If your case has not been opened I would not work on it till something broke [emoji2]

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Typically you wouldn't. Reason I have to is cause I broke the case open to work on the 510. If your case has not been opened I would not work on it till something broke [emoji2]

My case has never been (and never will be) opened. When the mods are done they're going straight into my "museum".

Stayin' stateside - thanks, Jim.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Gotcha Dashers. "If it ain't broke......"

Muchas thankas.

And for that reason (DPL), I'm out. ;)

LittleDonkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
mini-ecig.com

No, to be short. There are big risks to send it back and forth, we had several cases when mods were stuck at customs or even lost, and it will cost as a new mod indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread