Mods Tanks & Atti's Lost or Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I bought the authentic Velocity V2 rda for about $100. When I was too tired I stripped one screw and may have stripped the post because wire wasn't holding with the replacement screws. I need to order more hex screws to know if it's definitely broken. It would make me feel somewhat better and/or worse to hear other people's stories of mods RDAs & tanks that they broke, broke on them or lost after spending a lot of money on them.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Not alot of money BUT I purchased a Kraken Genesis atomizer clone,I took it apart to see how it all went together and upon putting it back together the glass busted....I didn't even get to use the darned thing.I was so angry I threw it in the parts bin and haven't looked at it since.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Not alot of money BUT I purchased a Kraken Genesis atomizer clone,I took it apart to see how it all went together and upon putting it back together the glass busted....I didn't even get to use the darned thing.I was so angry I threw it in the parts bin and haven't looked at it since.
It's very interesting how just when I bought the Nautilus 2 I was taking out the coil from the original Nautilus and the metal caged glass which I bought instead of the glass that comes with the Nautilus fell to the floor and cracked. I was at least left with the Nautilus 2. Weird timing.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
They're not expensive individually but I have 3 aspire k2 tanks that are wrecked and a plastic tank spent from when I first started vaping. I used to think tanks were just something you went through like before I learned to be careful
I don't know how many plastic tanks I cracked before I found out that some flavors crack plastic. That was long ago.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Haven't broken anything yet but I did order spare glass for mine and the hubbys tanks. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. My Protank 4 started to split apart and leak from one of the press fit seams, luckily my hubby works in a machine shop assembling aerospace parts, one of the guys there was able to press it back together without damaging it.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I wreck buildings for a living. We gutted out a 7 story building before demolition. I was leaning out of a window on the 5th floor, guiding a roll off truck to a spot in the parking lot. My ProVari and Kayfun Lite slipped out of my shirt pocket and fell to the parking lot below. The kayfun tank section broke. The ProVari had a little scratch on it but worked fine....as did the kayfun when I put a new tank section in it. That was about 4 years ago. Both the ProVari and the kayfun still work today.I guess that's my most memorable incident.
As far as "lost" gear...well, that seemed to spike when my wife started vaping. I'm not sure if "lost" is the right term...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It wasn't expensive, but I dropped my CF4 with my stealth Triton mini onto a tiled floor. Tank was fine, but the top deck of the mod bent so the tank sat at an angle. Still worked, but I was concerned having that bent area right by the 510 so I tossed and replaced it. Would you use a mod that held a tank like this?
CF4 tilt.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It wasn't expensive, but I dropped my CF4 with my stealth Triton mini onto a tiled floor. Tank was fine, but the top deck of the mod bent so the tank sat at an angle. Still worked, but I was concerned having that bent area right by the 510 so I tossed and replaced it. Would you use a mod that held a tank like this?
View attachment 644639
that must be Chinese....KIDDING!!!:D

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
View attachment 644639

Probably...I'd use it as a working in the backyard mod with an atomizer I didn't care much about.That way if I forgot it in the yard/got rained on/dropped it,it wouldn't bother me too much.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Worst experience was with a Nautilus Mini. Broke the glass 3 times in 3 days. Vape shop ran out of spares and had to get the phallic shaped metal one. One was playing with a dog and I must have not tightened it all the way and it fell off in the street. Car ran it over! Second was dropped it at the bakery because it just slipped out of my hand on the iStick TC40W. Third was the old had it in the Lap and got out of the truck. Now that I three of the metal type haven't broken one of my 3 Nautilus tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread