Mods that don't require "5 clicks to power on"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
As I delve deeper into my vaping setup research, I notice many mods require rapid clicking of the fire button for powering on, etc. While I don't think this will be a huge problem I already have a bit of trouble with the 3 clicks on my iPhone home button, so clicking something 5 times in succession may be a bit difficult for me. Are there any options for regulated mods that don't have this type of system? It's not a deal breaker but I'm curious if it can be avoided.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Eleaf mods power on without any clicks when batteries are installed. My Cuboid and Sig 213 Plus also power on without any clicks. My Kanger Dripbox 160 and Dripbox 2 don't require clicks either. Lots out there that don't need to be turned on with battery replacement.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
How? I own several DNA's & don't know how to set the # of clicks to turn it on?
I believe it's one of the settings in the EScribe software, where you can hook it up to your computer and change all manner of things. It's in the 200, and I think everything since? I don't know, all I've got is a 40 and so I don't get to play with any of the new bells and whistles they have...

DNA's do not require 5 clicks :)
Wait...they don't, if you set them to something else, but I thought that out of the box, they did use 5 (my 40 does, at any rate). How many do yours take, and how did they get set that way if you didn't even know they could be changed in the first place?

Last edited:
Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I believe it's one of the settings in the EScribe software, where you can hook it up to your computer and change all manner of things. It's in the 200, and I think everything since? I don't know, all I've got is a 40 and so I don't get to play with any of the new bells and whistles they have...

Wait...they don't, if you set them to something else, but I thought that out of the box, they did use 5 (my 40 does, at any rate). How many do yours take, and how did they get set that way if you didn't even know they could be changed in the first place?

Afraid not, the new DNA's 75 200 250 just come on, no clicks. No setting for it in E-Scribe. Even the old DNA40's 1 click on

Reactions: SteveS45

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
The eleaf Pico has a on/off slide switch located on the bottom of the mod. No clicks on or off.
Huh? The only things on the bottom of a Pico are vent holes and an up and down rocker switch to change settings.
fc3116d948cc65c69cbefd5fe902abd3.jpg

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Huh? The only things on the bottom of a Pico are vent holes and an up and down rocker switch to change settings.
fc3116d948cc65c69cbefd5fe902abd3.jpg

Crap, you're right, I was thinking of the wife's CF4 with built in battery. Sorry

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Afraid not, the new DNA's 75 200 250 just come on, no clicks. No setting for it in E-Scribe. Even the old DNA40's 1 click on
Well, let's back up for a minute. When I say "5 clicks on/off," I'm not really talking about "powering down" the unit. Modern electronic devices are never truly "off" as long as the battery is connected. 5 clicks of the fire button will lock the device so that the up/down and fire buttons will not work until it is unlocked with another five clicks.

Yes, it does start up in "unlocked" mode when you first receive it from the factory, so you don't need to "turn it on" the first time. After that, however, you can lock/unlock the device by rapid clicking of the fire button, and I'm pretty sure that 5 clicks is the default setting for this on newer models (and I know it's the default/only setting on older ones like my DNA40. I use this feature all the time since I carry it in my pocket while out and about.)

Reactions: Phil Lee

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
5 Clicks lock & 5 clicks unlock, not off & on :)
Fine, then. If you want to deliberately misunderstand the OP's question, then there's not a lot I can do about it, except direct you to what I wrote in my last post, about electronic devices never truly being "off." (Well, that was basically it, I guess. They aren't, as long as the battery is connected. I guess you don't really have to go back and look at it again, after all.)

You never have to 5 click 75,200, 250's if you don't want.
Sure, if you'd rather unhook the battery every time you put it in your pocket, I guess that works too...

:rickroll:

zerglingzealot

Mar 23, 2017
Hexohm 3.0
I did a review of the clone and it has a separate on/off button

also the new tesla nano (i don't have it yet but it's on the way) looks to have a separate on/off button
th

I watched your video, it was very informative! The mod looks interesting and I like the simple on/off feature. I'll keep it in mind. Gave you a sub, I'll keep an eye out for the Nano review!

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread