Modular mods that parts are readily available for including housing/box including clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colonelcolt

May 21, 2014
London UK
Roughly, companies are not interested in having interchangeable parts in their mods.
Who's going to buy a new one if they can purchase a cheap replacement part from third party?
So, you have two options:
Get a ready made mod
or
Get a board/chip, get some stuff like switches/connectors/wires/etc, get o make an enclosure, assemble it and have fun.
There are plenty of things on the market for either way...

Reactions: Bad Ninja

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I seem to recall something about a DNA or something, but I have no clue what to look for...
Evolv (evolvapor.com) makes the DNA chips. There might be others that are available separately (YiHi SX-series, maybe?) but I'm not sure. Course, if you're handy with a soldering iron, you could conceivably pull the guts out of any old mod you like and put them into any old box they will fit in, yeah?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Welp, if they were trying to stay ahead of the FDA's pinko-commie activities, and importation of mods-eventually...

IF a MFR offered modular parts, they could stay in business forever with residual income from 1 initial pre-ban purchase, and just sell individual replacement parts.

Honestly, they would probably get sued out of existence.

High discharge batteries in a mod cobbled together with sketchy assembly by the end user (who may not have a clue what they are doing) sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

I seem to recall something about a DNA or something, but I have no clue what to look for...

No offense, this is kinda my point.

Reactions: Dougiestyle

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Honestly, they would probably get sued out of existence.

High discharge batteries in a mod cobbled together with sketchy assembly by the end user (who may not have a clue what they are doing) sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
No offense, this is kinda my point.

Note the "Modular mods" mentioned in the title.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Note the "Modular mods" mentioned in the title.

There are none Im aware of.
Probably due to liability.

There are lots of parts available for modders who wish to build their own devices ( the term "mod" is short for "modified flashlight").

However, most vapers barely understand how their gear works and some even resist actually educating themselves beforehand. Which is the main cause of mishaps we see on the news and YouTube.

The firs time their shoddy construction blows apart they will sue the company.

Not something most sane companies would embrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread